Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

I still hear firing in #Hayatabad they say operation is over."

Oy gafoora, if an operation going on for more than 12 hours,
Where is the "intelligence" in the"Intelligence based operation".

"Naya" barkistan stuck in a new reality,where

they can't defend there borders(balakot strike),

They can't defend their women(from chinks),

They can't defend their economy(FATF,mounting debts,inflation)

And now they can't defend their country from homegrown terrorists(chaman,Peshawar).

The ship is sinking...

Arihant Roy

Country flag
I am aware of many things, don't try to be the only "expert" here. All i am saying is that it is not so easy to shoot down a terrain hugging cruise missile, as i said given the correct circumstances, even brahmos can be intercepted. You're not realising how terrain masking and loitering can screw air defenses and radars. Every radar has blind spot thats why no air defense is 100% kill shot.
A missile flying at 30 metre can only be detected from less than 30 km max, if there is a clear line of sight and that is without accounting for mountains, valleys and clutter. Nirbhay and tomahawk can go even lower. Their only hope will be the point defense systems which can be easily overwhelmed and please don't compare pakistan to russians and anericans as their air defense capabilities are not even a fraction of the ruskies.
And lastly do tell me where were those paki radars and air defenses when we bombed balakot.
Cheers

Your posts show the great depth of your knowledge.
And I am a common man. Not an expert.

Lastly about Paki radars and air defenses, are you aware of what we had deployed?

Listen, Pakistan's Babur is very similar to our Nirbhay. Albeit with a reduced range.

I will end my post with this. At present Indian Army and IAF combined can shoot down 98 out of 100 Babur lacm and Raad that Pakistan launches against us. Even if they fly at 5 metres and comes from a opposite bearing from the rear quadrant they will be squatted out of the skies like flies.

Enquirer

I am aware of many things, don't try to be the only "expert" here. All i am saying is that it is not so easy to shoot down a terrain hugging cruise missile, as i said given the correct circumstances, even brahmos can be intercepted. You're not realising how terrain masking and loitering can screw air defenses and radars. Every radar has blind spot thats why no air defense is 100% kill shot.
A missile flying at 30 metre can only be detected from less than 30 km max, if there is a clear line of sight and that is without accounting for mountains, valleys and clutter. Nirbhay and tomahawk can go even lower. Their only hope will be the point defense systems which can be easily overwhelmed and please don't compare pakistan to russians and anericans as their air defense capabilities are not even a fraction of the ruskies.
And lastly do tell me where were those paki radars and air defenses when we bombed balakot.
Cheers
Agree with much of what you said. Just would like to add that Nirbhay flying at 5 m (in sea skimming mode) is not the same as flying in a terrain hugging mode.

Also, if terrain hugging mode is indeed possible by Nirbhay then it's range would be considerably reduced - as it would burn a lot of fuel firstly in flying through denser atmosphere and secondly due to constant altitude corrections....

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Every radar has blind spot thats why no air defense is 100% kill shot.
A missile flying at 30 metre can only be detected from less than 30 km max, if there is a clear line of sight and that is without accounting for mountains, valleys and clutter. Nirbhay and tomahawk can go even lower
You are not aware of many things.

A radar is mounted on top of a tower to increase the radar's horizon. And we have such tower mounted radars. So does Pakistan.

But we also have aerostat mounted radars. They are at a height of around 1500 ft. They can be deployed even higher. We can see far out into Pakistan with the help of these. PAF at present doesn't have such a capability.

As for blind spots, every radar has them. That's why you have radars of different bands deployed with overlapping coverage. You have a multi tiered over lapping radar coverage and Sam fields.

No one in their right mind deploys just a single radar.

And as for using valleys and mountains, this is where LLWR comes into play. Bharani and Aslesha are deployed on some summits and in areas overlooking valleys and passes.

IAF doesn't leave anything to chance. Everything is planned for and taken care of. Indian Army does the same. Every scenario is thoroughly wargamed and measures aretaken to plug various gaps. There isn't any scope for complacency.

Unlike the PA and PAF we don't believe in fake bravado and we don't take pride on our vaunted superiority unlike our counterparts on the other side of the border . We meticulously plan for every contingency after taking a plethora of variables into account. Everything is checked and rechecked.
NOTHING IS TAKEN FOR GRANTED.

Also do watch some videos of JLENS from Raytheon.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
I think Pakistan's SAMs will be taken out within hours of a full scale war, at least the radars. I believe India can locate such stuff in real time now. Pakistan's strength is its Army; not its air force.

The international picture is the key to success. We need America's blessing. And this blessing depends on how pissed off Americans are with the Chinese.
Yep.

Brahmos and some other missiles /assets are going to be used to neuter Pakistan's early warning radar network and take out key elements of their air defense network.

Once they have been rendered literally blind and dumb and we have considerably degraded their ability to shoot things down, Nirbhay will enter the picture.

Then we will be sending triple digit no of Nirbhays in saturation strikes. Some will carry EA payloads. We have MALD type of decoys. These are also going to be used.

Brahmos is our pointy tip of the spear. There are some other missiles also. These are the door openers. Once the door has been breached, there will be wave after wave of Nirbhays.

Last edited:

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Cheers
You are right that a single radar would offer very limited reaction time against terrain hugging cruise missiles... but if there are a hundred small radars/sensors at critical ingress points ...which are networked to fire control units .. it would be difficult to get through... But it really depends whether this networking is as good in the battlefield... as it appears to be on paper... and whether there are sufficient redundancies...

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
looks like pakis did a misadventure yesterday to take back lost land and went back with a few more losses in paki pigs and land too. :)
They tried to take back those importnant post X21 and R4. Our lads were just waiting for them. They thought they almost take their post back and were gathering stock for further offensive to reclaim lost land. Meanwhile CO gave signal and our lads lighted them up. It was massacre.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
You are right that a single radar would offer very limited reaction time against terrain hugging cruise missiles... but if there are a hundred small radars/sensors at critical ingress points ...which are networked to fire control units .. it would be difficult to get through... But it really depends whether this networking is as good in the battlefield... as it appears to be on paper... and whether there are sufficient redundancies...

Can't say much about Pakistan, but whatever you have just said has been taken into account by the concerned authorities.

There are sufficient redundancies in place and the radar coverage is multi layered with different types of radars.

Pakistan should stop production of Babur and Raad and concentrate on other things. Even H-2 and H-4 wouldn't work. They can spend that money on buying tomatoes from an allied nation and distribute it among the masses. It will be a better investment.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Aardra makes more sense. In Bengali, we use aardrata to mean the moisture content in air.
Yes Ardra does mean "moist".....
Used in Sanskrita in many ways like in Durgasaptshati the author describes Ma Durga as "Ardra Chitta".
Rkveda has a Shrishukta which describes Mahalaxmi as "Ardra"

Mornier :

आर्द्रा
(H1) आर्द्र [p= [URL='https://www.sanskrit-lexicon.uni-koeln.de/cgi-bin/monier/serveimg.pl?file=/scans/MWScan/MWScanjpg/mw0152-ArtveyI.jpg']152[/URL],1] [L=26469] mf(आ)n. ( √अर्द् Un2. ii , 18) wet , moist , damp RV. TS. S3Br. MBh. Mn. Sus3r. Megh. &c
[L=26470] fresh , not dry , succulent , green (as a plant) , living AV. S3Br. R. Sus3r. MBh. &c
[L=26471] fresh , new Katha1s.
[L=26472] soft , tender , full of feeling , warm
[L=26473] loose , flaccid Katha1s. Megh. Pan5cat. &c

sorcerer

Country flag
For those NATIONALIST Liberandooos who say LC is CALM nothing is happening

Foiling Pakistan Army's BAT actions almost daily: Top Army sources
New Delhi [India], Apr 16 (ANI) Amid high tensions, the Indian Army is foiling Pakistan Army's BAT actions almost every day along the Line of Control (LoC) and even taking pre-emptive actions against the Pakistani positions trying to help terrorists in their infiltration attempts, sources said on Tuesday.

"If you look at the intelligence inputs, every day there are reports about attempts by Pakistan Army border action teams (BAT) to target our posts all along the LoC. We are taking all possible steps to thwart their actions," top Army sources told ANI.

In an attempt to thwart the Pakistani actions, the Indian Army posts on the LoC are taking action against any movement from Pakistan's side towards the fence on the LoC, sources said.

The Pakistanis are now encouraging terrorists and their BAT teams to carry out their actions in civilian attire and avoiding combat fatigues, sources mentioned.

The BAT teams of the Pakistan Army include both regular Army personnel and terrorists from groups such as Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) and Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and are tasked to carry out surprise hits on Indian positions along the LoC.

Sources said Pakistani forces have been trying to violate ceasefire in almost all sectors after the Balakot airstrikes by the Indian Air Force on February 26, but their attempts have been foiled. (ANI)

https://www.bignewsnetwork.com/news...rmy-bat-actions-almost-daily-top-army-sources

Darth Malgus

Country flag
Well, I heard that the fire fight going on in Peshawar between Bad terrorists and Uniformed terrorists were actually JeM. Any one have more information on this? I know baba had mentioned this, but someone else also mentioned these "bad" terrorists were actually JeM who tried to attack Peshawar Cant.

BAT actions being attempted against the newly occupied posts?
Most likely yes, they are probably trying to retake the newly occupied posts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles