India Strikes Against Pakistani Terrorism 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorcerer

Country flag
Yes. More importantly it's the whole Poonch bulge that protrudes into India and is at higher elevation. Pakis literally have a 270 deg view of Indian posts....and can help infiltration is any direction!

Gafoora is very silent about pok.
Harping on f16 and thats all..

Anil47

It's not 1950's anymore. And the POJK is ours. So what's that about "not fit with the foreign policy" ???
Point is if India really wanted to change LOC then the IAF would have not waited for the PAF aircrafts to cross the LOC to fire the missiles on 27th. There is complete contradiction going on.
What are Porkies going to do? Cry to US privately or admit publicly by going to UN?
They will continue the symmetrical warfare. They have not stopped it if you notice. And Masood Azhar is given more security.

sorcerer

Country flag
Point is if India really wanted to change LOC then the IAF would have not waited for the PAF aircrafts to cross the LOC to fire the missiles on 27th. There is complete contradiction going on.
Contradiction is the basic domain of warfare.
:)

singhboy98

Country flag

They will continue the symmetrical warfare. They have not stopped it if you notice. And Masood Azhar is given more security.
How is the IAF connected to whatever is happening at LoC? We are not using air power (yet).

akk

Country flag
How is the IAF connected to whatever is happening at LoC? We are not using air power (yet).
I think the very nature of current operations (extremely discrete) is inconsistent with use of air power. Initial use of air power had 2 purposes...... Local consumption and breaking pak nuclear spell.
I am not sure of modi's intentions, whether it is to reduce infiltration or balkanisation of pakistan. Clearly, the kind of support being received from USA would suggest that a bigger game is being played, that will tackle afganistan, taliban , cpec and China together. Again, not sure about timescales..... If pakistsn responds publically (air attack) , it will become a very public event. Otherwise, it will remain discrete, but I don't see any incentive for modi to back off. Comments......

Anil47

My point is when India used air power, if the intentions were to change LOC then Indian aircrafts would have shot the Pakis inside their airspace using BVR but they didn't. This means India was respecting the Line of Control.

Brimstone

Spotter
Country flag
IAF is not a Bollywood hero who would jump into fights. It's Warfare. In politics and war, timing is the key.

akk

Country flag
My point is when India used air power, if the intentions were to change LOC then Indian aircrafts would have shot the Pakis inside their airspace using BVR but they didn't. This means India was respecting the Line of Control.
Many potential reasons have been discussed previously.
1. Rules of engagement prevalent at the time.
2. Iaf Outnumbered
3. They fired randomly and we had to take protective measures
4.their better capabilities with bvr.
5.jamming of our communication (mig21 in particularly).
I think persisting with more attacks would have brought international pressure too quickly. It is better if pakis make first visible attack.

Anil47

Many potential reasons have been discussed previously.
1. Rules of engagement prevalent at the time.
2. Iaf Outnumbered
3. They fired randomly and we had to take protective measures
4.their better capabilities with bvr.
5.jamming of our communication (mig21 in particularly).
I think persisting with more attacks would have brought international pressure too quickly. It is better if pakis make first visible attack.
Yes and similar are the parameters for the army. And changing LOC requires high intensity war at 10-12 places or points. And once the intensity is raised then it's tough to hide it.

SanjeevM

Country flag
Conversation has 10 member invite limit. I have already tagged 10 regular members. I will try to open another conversation or guys who got that nooz if possible spread it on messages.
Please share with me as well. I am also in.

AUSTERLITZ

Country flag
Haji pir and poonch bulge would be a huge operation involving several brigades.I don't think any substantial territory has been taken here.A few tactical posts.
Akhnoor dagger though is an easy target and indefensible for pak,i'm sure we have either taken it or simply cut off its connection to pak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles