India-Pakistan LoC/IB Skirmishes in the Aftermath of August 5 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontrunner

Country flag
We also got those Krasnapol rounds imported from Russia for accurate fire.
Any idea about its cost??
Krasnapol is laser guided.. this means it can be only used when a team of soldiers designate or rather illuminate the target by lasing it... Thus to hit targets behind enemy lines we have to cross the border & lase it.. not particularly a prescrbed option..

Exaclibur is the real deal.. it is going to renovate whole damn equations at loc.. now as we know pak army have built their firing positions among civilian populations as to avoid retaliation from indian army.. now with Excalibur precision rounds.. we can hit them without fearing civilian casualties.. now if required to send a stern message we can execute a higher rank pak army commander in his merry bunkers away from loc.. & most importantly blaze those terrorist launch pads at loc..

However India needs to invest nd develope it's own precision artillery rounds.

TejasMK3

Country flag
How does he know they were Indian jets? Can't make out with naked eyes or even zoomed with Phone camera.

And what's with bababanaras taking back seat while other handles are in overdrive? I think baba was attracting lot of attention and is cutting down on tweets.
Baba tweeted yesterday saying Birds are flying,..maybe he implied this.

Mikesingh

Country flag
Krasnapol is laser guided.. this means it can be only used when a team of soldiers designate or rather illuminate the target by lasing it... Thus to hit targets behind enemy lines we have to cross the border & lase it.. not particularly a prescrbed option..

Exaclibur is the real deal.. it is going to renovate whole damn equations at loc.. now as we know pak army have built their firing positions among civilian populations as to avoid retaliation from indian army.. now with Excalibur precision rounds.. we can hit them without fearing civilian casualties.. now if required to send a stern message we can execute a higher rank pak army commander in his merry bunkers away from loc.. & most importantly blaze those terrorist launch pads at loc..

However India needs to invest nd develope it's own precision artillery rounds.
The laser designation system on the Krasnopol has a range of only 5 kilometres while the projectile itself has a range of 20 kilometres. Meaning that it can be fired 20 kms away and locked on by the designator. The laser target designator is used to illuminate the target by the OP and the in-flight projectile detects the radiant laser energy reflected by the target and the navigation system steers the shell towards the designated target.

Where the Excalibur's accuracy is concerned, it can also be used in close support situations within 75–150 metres of advancing troops! And that's pretty close!!

Last edited:

Frontrunner

Country flag
The laser designation system on the Krasnopol has a range of only 5 kilometres while the projectile itself has a range of 20 kilometres. The laser target designator is used to illuminate the target by the OP and the in-flight projectile detects the radiant laser energy reflected by the target and the navigation system steers the shell towards the designated target. That's why this system has a limited effective range because it is mainly LOS unlike the GPS guided, inertial navigation Excalibur having a an effective range of 40 kms.

Due to the Excalibur's accuracy, it can also be used in close support situations within 75–150 metres of advancing troops!
Exactly.. i concur.. now with Excalibur precision rounds we have a capability much desired.. specially at LOC.. we can wreak havoc among enemy ranks with precision strikes.. with Excalibur we got the capability to do surgical strikes at those terrorist launch pads near LOC without risking life of our soldiers... This justifies the cost for which we have procured exaclibur.. NOW Pakistan knows they can't continue with their bleed India campaign without receiving a counter punch (with extreme precision nd deadly).

Priyabrata

Lots of speculation.
If it's a nuke test in this situation, I think that itself warrants a preemptive strike on Pakistan.

However, the usage of the words (cold and explosive) doesn't go well with nuke(correct me if wrong).

Sent from my GM1901 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Priyabrata

Impossible, satellite/missile interception systems need a lot of infrastructure in place first.

Cold tests need NOTAMs?
What is a cold test? Subcritical tests?
Tell me something, if it is Subcritical, is it not a dirty bomb? There was no chain reaction, so the very point of nuke explosion is not there?

Plus, why would it need a notam?

Priyabrata

Not sure about cold-tests, but nuclear tests in general send out EMP several kilometers up the atmosphere, frying electronics of airplanes.
OK. Makes sense.
But this cold test thing is still not clear to me.
Whats the point of this test? Every one knows that they have nuke. So what's new?

Gandaberunda

Country flag
OK. Makes sense.
But this cold test thing is still not clear to me.
Whats the point of this test? Every one knows that they have nuke. So what's new?

May be a blackmailing tactics to draw attention of world to Kashmir issue and sending a message to UNSC that they didn't sided with them hence they resorted to nuke option... Remember they don't want a military conflict and desperately tried to internationalise the Kashmir issue and talks ....
Porks still running from forums to forums to being world leaders to meddle in Kashmir.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
What is a cold test? Subcritical tests?
Tell me something, if it is Subcritical, is it not a dirty bomb? There was no chain reaction, so the very point of nuke explosion is not there?
Stopping reaction before it matures & study whether it works or not. Basically, reaction without blast.
Plus, why would it need a notam?

That's why I said it can't be one. Sub critical tests don't need NOTAMs.

sorcerer

Country flag
Top IAF sources: Indian Air Force (IAF) to receive the advanced version of the Spice-2000 air to ground guided bombs by mid-September from Israel. The bombs are being delivered to India as part of around Rs 300 crore contract signed in June this year.

Well!! We gotta SPICE them PORKS for a proper roast!!

Absolut_Vodka

Quarantined Abdul
Banned
Country flag
I wrote it about 1-2 weeks back that Paki may blast Nuke in their territory in order to attract world attention. This is not just about Kashmir, it's Paki H&D taking a beating.

OTOH, it can be unkil gifting them F16s.

Baba tweeted yesterday saying Birds are flying,..maybe he implied this.
There were some C-17s and other mil aircraft on flightradar at time when baba tweeted. So it can also mean OSINT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles