India-Pakistan LoC/IB Skirmishes in the Aftermath of August 5 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorcerer

Country flag
Arunachal Pradesh: Hardcore NSCN (R) militant killed in gunfight with Indian Army

Guwahati/IBNS: In a major success, the Indian army gunned down a hardcore NSCN (R) insurgent after a firefight on Nov 30 in general area Shallang of Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh.

Knowitall

Nice post. IMO we are overestimating China. The west have a greater interest saving pakistan than china:
the deeper pakistan goes in debt the better for china . It is a business relationship where only china benefits.
We will break pakistan and no outside forces will be save it. IMO it will have to be an effort internally and
externally. Simple way throw out Indus water treaty who will save them?????
I completly agree with that I myself don't expect china to come save pakistan when we take pok but what i dont believe is that they will themselves collapse economically.

Country flag
I completly agree with that I myself don't expect china to come save pakistan when we take pok but what i dont believe is that they will themselves collapse economically.
They don't have much of an economy to collapse. They have no significance in
international banking and most of their economy is around agriculture.

Knowitall

They don't have much of an economy to collapse. They have no significance in
international banking and most of their economy is around agriculture.
But sirji they still end up getting money for their military many people here even talked about it those fauji fertilizer scheme and all that bullshit they own a lot and run a lot of factories etc. They actually have a pretty roboust setup that's why I feel waiting for them to collapse themselves is not the right thing.

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
Indian Air Force to get deadly Akash missiles! Places order for 7 squadrons of Made-in-India missile system

Dismissing reports in a section of the media about the systems which are supporting ground system, sources said that “maintenance is not carried out by DRDO but the Defence PSUs. (PTI)

Satisfied by the consistent and reliable performance by the indigenous Akash Missile System, Surface to Air Missile (SAM) an additional order for seven more squadrons have been placed by the Indian Air Force recently. This is by far the highest order placed by the service for the Akash Missile System.

The number of missiles fired in Ex- Vayu Shakti 2019 or Crossbow-18, the Akash Missile System had successfully intercepted and destroyed unmanned aerial targets.

There were some teething problems related to extensive field usage faced by squadrons based in the North East and after several rounds of meetings between the user, DRDO and the defence PSUs BDL and BEL and other agencies involved, a mechanism has been evolved to carry out the maintenance together. However, due to the inclement weather in North East, there have been delays in carrying out the repairs.

https://www.financialexpress.com/de...rons-of-made-in-india-missile-system/1783341/

Country flag
But sirji they still end up getting money for their military many people here even talked about it those fauji fertilizer scheme and all that bullshit they own a lot and run a lot of factories etc. They actually have a pretty roboust setup that's why I feel waiting for them to collapse themselves is not the right think.
There is no point waiting for an economic collapse we have to do things to make it happen.
If we take back our water there will be no need for fertilizer etc....

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Without infantry wars cannot be won. For example Americans blow some the most strongest bombs in Afghanistan and still the counter forces exists. Same in Vietnam. In Iraq sadam husain was gone so their was no clear other military establishment which lead to collision of forces but once they got together isis was created which was destroyed because of land assets such as kurdish Fighters iraq army etc. When afghan-soviet war was started because of thousands of JIHADIS soviets were defeated.

Knowitall

I'll clarify once again I have nowhere stated that infantry is not needed what i have stated is we could do with much leaner and modern forces.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I'll clarify once again I have nowhere stated that infantry is not needed what i have stated is we could do with much leaner and modern forces.
For Other military branches, numbers are based on equipment acquisition.

What’s the number you have in mind for IA?

sorcerer

Country flag
Man from PoK nabbed near LoC in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri
Jammu: A man from a Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK) village was nabbed after he infiltrated into this side from across the Line of Control in Nowshera sector of Rajouri district, a police officer said.

During the initial investigation, the man was identified as Tariq Mahmood, a resident of Chai Nalla village of Samahani Tehsil in Bhimber district of PoK, Manhas said.

The cognisance of the matter has been taken under relevant sections of law and the accused is being questioned, he said.

The SSP said no weapon or incriminating material was recovered from the intruder.

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nat...d-near-loc-in-jammu-and-kashmirs-rajouri.html

sorcerer

Country flag
Additional forces sent to Kashmir in Aug start to leave

More than 600 companies (60,000) additional central armed police force (CAPF) personnel were rushed to Kashmir in later part of July, ahead of the government of India’s decision of scrapping special status of Jammu and Kashmir under Article 370 and bifurcation of the erstwhile state into two union territories.

A senior police official told DH that at least forty companies (4,000 men) of CAPF have left Kashmir in recent days. “These forces personnel packed their bags and left Kashmir following improvement in the situation in the Valley. The decision on withdrawal of more forces would be taken in the coming days, depending on the overall security situation in the Valley,” he said.

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/nation...-to-kashmir-in-aug-start-to-leave-782227.html

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Man from PoK nabbed near LoC in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri
Jammu: A man from a Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK) village was nabbed after he infiltrated into this side from across the Line of Control in Nowshera sector of Rajouri district, a police officer said.

During the initial investigation, the man was identified as Tariq Mahmood, a resident of Chai Nalla village of Samahani Tehsil in Bhimber district of PoK, Manhas said.

The cognisance of the matter has been taken under relevant sections of law and the accused is being questioned, he said.

The SSP said no weapon or incriminating material was recovered from the intruder.

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nat...d-near-loc-in-jammu-and-kashmirs-rajouri.html
Must be a Terrorist Informant or OGW. We must Interrogate this Guy.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
PLA is one of the largest Military Forces in the world but that doesn’t they don’t good Military Equipment. It is the Massive Size and Strength of the Indian Army makes it one of the scariest forces to do combat against. Only thing India needs to do is creating the Equipment needed to equip all our units and give them good training. This will help in transform Indian Army into mean Fighting Force.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Without infantry wars cannot be won. For example Americans blow some the most strongest bombs in Afghanistan and still the counter forces exists. Same in Vietnam. In Iraq sadam husain was gone so their was no clear other military establishment which lead to collision of forces but once they got together isis was created which was destroyed because of land assets such as kurdish Fighters iraq army etc. When afghan-soviet war was started because of thousands of JIHADIS soviets were defeated.
More Jihadis Died in Afghanistan than Soviets. Soviets Withdrew from Afghanistan because of there Economic Woes. Soviets got outplayed at the start of the Insurgency but slowly they start dishing out punishment to the PorkiShitanis and Afghani Terrorists and they also adapted to the terrain. More Taliban died in US Invasion of Afghanistan and Subsequent Pisslamic Terrorist Insurgencies than US Soldiers.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
But sirji they still end up getting money for their military many people here even talked about it those fauji fertilizer scheme and all that bullshit they own a lot and run a lot of factories etc. They actually have a pretty roboust setup that's why I feel waiting for them to collapse themselves is not the right thing.
Waiting for them to collapse is one of the Dumbest Ideas made up by indian Analysts and Strategists. PorkiShitani Dogs won’t collapse that fast it will take longer that. India needs to take the fight to Porkis.

Knowitall

For Other military branches, numbers are based on equipment acquisition.

What’s the number you have in mind for IA?
We currently have 1.4 million active soldiers I would like to reduce than number to around 1 or 1.1 million while we keep the number of reserves same.

Infact it's not my opinion the IA itself is trying to reduce these numbers by cutting our numbers from 1.4 to 1 I believe we can save enough money to equip our infantry units with modern gear.

https://m.jagranjosh.com/current-af...ngth-decides-to-cut-15-lakh-jobs-1536658190-1

https://m.hindustantimes.com/india-...an-and-mean/story-GePcnuBveaGh6V8eqPY7KL.html

7000 to 8000 crores we could do so much with that money if we spend it right our soldiers can be world class in no time.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
The long and short of your assessment is:-
  1. We can do with a much smaller Army.
  2. Airpower is enough to win the war on the ground.
I partly agree with your first point. We have an Infantry-heavy Army. We could mechanise more of our soldiers, especially in the plains and deserts. But we can't erase our past. Before Gen Sunderji, we were completely Infantry centered and in a defensive mindset. Change has to be gradual. Militaries tend to be conservative, its in their nature. Given our past of heavy reliance on Infantry, we can't wish away large number of Light Infantry Battalions deployed in plains and deserts, which is prime tank country. The change is there. Its slow. Can be faster.

But we can't do without Light Infantry in the Himalayas. Nothing rules the mountains the way a strong combination of Light Infantry and Artillery does.

As for airpower "taking out all tanks of Pakistan", that is pure nonsense. Its a well-established fact (although Air Force Officers world-over try to say otherwise) that Air-power alone does not win wars. Its also true that if you can't win in the air, you can't win on the ground. But there is absolutely nothing that air power can capture without the Army. And guess which is the only arm that is capable of holding the ground in any Army? Infantry.

Another part of your assessment that does not hold in the real world is the argument that tons of artillery can replace Infantry and Armour. I would not advise for such a move even in cases such as North Korea vs South Korea, where the room for maneuver is limited. So forget that this would actually work in the Indian context, where we have a long border and plenty of room to maneuver.

All what you are saying is the first thing that civilians (including myself) think of when we are new to the world of military strategy and tactics. "Why not just stop making tanks and infantrymen and make fighters, bombers, artillery and missiles instead?" No country in the world fights like that. Give me one real world example of a professional military fighting the kind of war we are preparing to fight with only the tools you mentioned.
India needs a Combination of all. Indian Armed Forces should be Force that fight all kinds of Combat and Switch from one to Another. Light Inftantry Battalions equipped with Anti-Tank Weapons can be deadly in the Plains.

sorcerer

Country flag
Waiting for them to collapse is one of the Dumbest Ideas made up by indian Analysts and Strategists. PorkiShitani Dogs won’t collapse that fast it will take longer that. India needs to take the fight to Porkis.
Well for a start we are cutting down the financial aid the porkshitstanis get.. from USA...UK ..Germany and now..AUstralia..
hmmm.... thats a good start..and with porkis going into FATF review by Feb...not far...and them have not made ANY Progress those porks.. I suppose will help the cause of cutting the paki aid money from different nations.

Country flag
Well for a start we are cutting down the financial aid the porkshitstanis get.. from USA...UK ..Germany and now..AUstralia..
hmmm.... thats a good start..and with porkis going into FATF review by Feb...not far...and them have not made ANY Progress those porks.. I suppose will help the cause of cutting the paki aid money from different nations.
IMO we need to abandon the hope that FATF will do anything needed to pakistan other
than keeping them on the grey list. Pakistan got away with nuclear proliferation and
sheltering Osama Bin Laden for years; this is nothing.

Deathstar

Country flag
IMO we need to abandon the hope that FATF will do anything needed to pakistan other
than keeping them on the grey list. Pakistan got away with nuclear proliferation and
sheltering Osama Bin Laden for years; this is nothing.
If a country like Pakistan cna get away with holding OBL , i dont know whats stopping us from playing dirty. We are acting too idealist here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles