India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

BangaliBabu

Country flag
Can't speak about Doklam. Very hush hush shit although if you meet anyone from 11 or 12 Para (I forget which one but definitely one of these two), you can ask them.

As for another...
Some Burmese groups and GNLA were getting some heavy ordnance by someone who didn't like the outcome of Doklam.
Their providers (smugglers) suddenly started missing and/or refused to go anywhere near Burma or India, or even around the bordering areas because of the clear holes in their defence.

I'll let you draw your conclusion as to what spooked them to the point where they refused squatting even across the border.

Hint: It wasn't the local wildlife.
You mean a suspected handiwork of our own CIAs??

Akula

Country flag
There was talk of strikes at Muzaffarabad and Chakoti that night too. But after that night, nobody ever spoke of those two locations again - all the narrative/discussion stayed focused exclusively on Balakot.

India likely allowed mention of those two sites to drop from headlines as it must have suited them better. It's believed one of those two sites was a Pak Army site (direct retaliation for 40 dead troops).
I asked this question because, I remember media mentioned 2-3 sites where bombs were dropped. As you mentioned that after PAF attack main focus was on Balakot.

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
I asked this question because, I remember media mentioned 2-3 sites where bombs were dropped. As you mentioned that after PAF attack main focus was on Balakot.
Yes, 3 sites.

My best guess is, whatever was present at the other 2 sites/or occurred at those 2 sites - was considered best not further discussed by both sides.

India was happy to focus on the terror camp it hit (nobody in the world can have an issue with fighting terror, as opposed to war with a nuclear country), and Pakistan was happy to shift focus/questions away from whether its military had been hit.

There was later some separate talk of a Pakistani airfield being hit at Tarbela, with multiple F-16's destroyed, in a different incident (as full and proper revenge for the Feb 27 skirmish) - but that's all very murky and based entirely on speculation - though some normally reliable people did believe something had happened.

Akula

Country flag
Yes, 3 sites.

My best guess is, whatever was present at the other 2 sites/or occurred at those 2 sites - was considered best not further discussed by both sides.

India was happy to focus on the terror camp it hit (nobody in the world can have an issue with fighting terror, as opposed to war with a nuclear country), and Pakistan was happy to shift focus/questions away from whether its military had been hit.

There was later some separate talk of a Pakistani airfield being hit at Tarbela, with multiple F-16's destroyed, in a different incident (as full and proper revenge for the Feb 27 skirmish) - but that's all very murky and based entirely on speculation - though some normally reliable people did believe something had happened.
Let's hope 10-15 years later someone will write about other sites also, in his/her book.

Spindrift

There are reports that these fools are getting M 4 , M16 rifles from the chinese sources, CCP at work's ?
Not China, most likely Afghanistan, US has given them a lof M4s and and M16s and lot of other small arms. A substantial number of them are being black marketed, both by elements among the ANA and Taliban (captured arms).

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Not China, most likely Afghanistan, US has given them a lof M4s and and M16s and lot of other small arms. A substantial number of them are being black marketed, both by elements among the ANA and Taliban (captured arms).
Well some even had , the chinese marking's , so the concern and also bad quality .

Spindrift

Well some even had , the chinese marking's , so the concern and also bad quality .
Norinco makes AR15\M16 pattern rifles, but they mostly for the western civilian market, but yes some of them can be Norinco CQ rifles, as a matter of fact some of them were recovered from Indian maoists.

Sentimental Patriot

Country flag
Don't know if this has already been posted, but will post again so you guys can use it

Remember to use this tool if you need to download Twitter vids

Mikel

Country flag

Infiltration bid foiled in Kalal area along LOC in Nowshehra sector of Rajouri, one infiltrator killed / More details awaited

Army on Tuesday claimed to have foiled an infiltration bid on the Line of Control (LoC) in Keran sector of North Kashmir’s Kupwara district.

Sentimental Patriot

Country flag
A quick question, why can't we build a wall along the LoC to prevent or at the very least greatly inhibit terrorist infiltrations?

Adrian Corvus

Country flag
A quick question, why can't we build a wall along the LoC to prevent or at the very least greatly inhibit terrorist infiltrations?
I think that is hard coz 1. It needs be to bilateral i guess because such structure is permanent 2. It's hard to create a wall like structure especially where the infiltration is high i.e kashmir because of the terrain 3. The loc is damnably long
This is all my speculation and might not be the real reason

Jailor

Country flag
Yes, 3 sites.

It was hinted by rajnath too, he talked about a third SS by IAF on camera in march 2019,
Its present in archives here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles