India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Aha, LG Chem was the SECOND industrial accident in Vizag in the past 1 week.

Just last week there was a major accident at Vizag Steel Plant.

Either the State Inspector of Factories is sleeping on his job, or a sleeper cell is definitely active.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Aha, LG Chem was the SECOND industrial accident in Vizag in the past 1 week.

Just last week there was a major accident at Vizag Steel Plant.

Either the State Inspector of Factories is sleeping on his job, or a sleeper cell is definitely active.
industrial accidents happen all the time, some big, some small, some get noticed, many do not get noticed.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Not if the hostage is Kashmiri it ain't.
We can differ on that on constitutional/moral / Legal grounds, I assure you IA soldiers are neither crusaders nor Jihadis. They are Jai Hind ki sena.

Still the round can be CO2, smoke, chilli, sedative aerosol etc. if needed.
Hand-delivered or small arms delivered chemical munition such as smoke bomb etc are used done.

And they regularly level whole buildings. Mortars are better.
Not regularly, it is exceptionally.
Your suggestion emantes from lack of knowledge and any application experience. If you knew the Beaten Zone of a Mortar bomb (the possibilities are of dispersal around aiming point) and the killing zone of a mortar bomb, youwould not even dream of it.

Indian Army has not used Mortars even in Jaffna which initially was more than a war,

If we can get drone mounted grenade launcher, then better.
No harm but why should I use a drone to mount a Grenade Launcher If I can deliver grenades into the windows and opening of a house much accurately and effective from ground using AGLs ?

Also even the SF of Indian Army is extremely ill-equipped. If some equipment like individual targeting mini-drone are not available, then we need to get them... not make excuses like we only have bolt-action or bow-arrow.
That's like IAF saying before Kargil "we dont have fancy LGB. Think of plan with dumb bomb and rockets" (pretty sure some senior had probably said something like that). Except unlike LGB these are not rocket science.
[-- Mod Edit: Attack Removed --]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
How about CO setting up a command and communication post
1km away and Coy Co executing it for starters?
Are Baba , it is not a Brigade Combat Command operation in Mosul nor even a battalion-level operation. In RR operations, it is very hard to concentrate even a single company full strength in the given time and space due to their grid dispersal ranging from 5 to 20 km.

I did explain that in such operation command and control means "What you can see with your eyes" and " what you can shout out as an order" ... - "Abe Geranile Diwal Ke Pichhe Ja".... That means if one were to be one house behind the target house or one street away from the target house you are neither in command nor in control.. Then you can sip your tea - you might as well be ten km away.

This was not the first time the CO was present. It always happens and it will always happen...

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
OT but considering the recent events,might be related to each other

Delhi: US Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation, Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad & US Ambassador to India Ken Juster leave from Ministry of External Affairs. Zalmay Khalilzad is in Delhi to discuss the role of India in sustainable peace in Afghanistan & the region.

Last edited:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Today's #webinar titled, “IOK: Caught between Curfew and COVID-19” was interrupted by #Indian hackers who resorted to profanity & racial slurs.:hehe:
This showcased the dictatorial mindset of Indians that has been convoluted by the state-sponsored #Hindutva #ideology.

The comment section is lit:troll:

why would India hit a webinar?

A drama by Pakistan to divert attention of their govt. failures. Their plan is to engage India, keep it under certain limit and divert the whole population attention. The situation in Pakistan is deteriorating and people are turning against their establishment.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
How about CO setting up a command and communication post
1km away and Coy Co executing it for starters?
There's no question of a 'command post' being established in CT ops in the Valley. The CO always leads and directs the ops from the front since the situations are quite fluid, not sitting a km behind the scene of action. He is in communication with all through his radio. He is accompanied by his radio operator and IO. Thus he is a mobile command post himself!!

Tuco

Country flag
industrial accidents happen all the time, some big, some small, some get noticed, many do not get noticed.
Three accidents has been reported today. Again I repeat it can be coincidence but it's suspicious to.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Feel like reiterating an old point of mine, so here goes...
==========

when it comes to indo-pak conflict, there is no point in getting “upset” after each and every incident pak provokes including ambushes(Which are a majority).

I would argue that Pakistan is a critical part of upgrading India’s security infrastructure, because most of the security institutions are created & upgraded to handle pak related issues itself.

rather than reactive to incident itself,people should also keep an eye on the net positive change any particular incident has brought for Indian establishment.

Kargil gave us Cold Start
26/11 gave us NIA

etc etc..

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
There's no question of a 'command post' being established in CT ops in the Valley. The CO always leads and directs the ops from the front since the situations are quite fluid, not sitting a km behind the scene of action. He is in communication with all through his radio. He is accompanied by his radio operator and IO. Thus he is a mobile command post himself!!
Which is a flawed strategy in todays warfare with the availability of resources like drones.

This is not the age of Tipu Sultan..we are in 21st century.

No wonder we have lost so many COs in kashmir.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Need to make one thing clear first, my input will always be from technological point of view, with only the basic tactical knowledge, complete opposite of yours.
If you knew the Beaten Zone of a Mortar bomb (the possibilities are of dispersal around aiming point) and the killing zone of a mortar bomb, you would not even dream of it.
Yeah I meant by GPS or laser (from small drone etc.) mortar, not the antique ram-ke-bharose crap. Those you'll need only 1-2 rounds to flatten buildings.

Good demo video for understanding.
No harm but why should I use a drone to mount a Grenade Launcher If I can deliver grenades into the windows and opening of a house much accurately and effective from ground using AGLs ?
Yeah. That's limited to only they windows and also no way to confirm. The mini suicide-drones deliver explosive/chemicals instead of pizza... will let you scour the building, entering & exiting from any angle until you in their room when you blow the thing up.

Explanation of how the concept works.

Indian Army's is present doctrine is recruits-are-cheaper-than-hardware, which may be accurate, but if ISIS was making homemade jugaad of those then that tech is cheap.

Last edited:

arkos

Country flag
Three accidents has been reported today. Again I repeat it can be coincidence but it's suspicious to.
No its not suspicious. Factories are restarting after being closed for more that a month. Chemicals have been lying around in these factories unattended. You have a unskilled labor workforce and a lax management. Similar accidents are likely to occur frequently for the next few months all across the world.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
UN designated terrorist organization Jaish-e-Mohammad planning to carry out series of suicide attacks In J&K on May 11 with support of PA & ISI. 2 groups of 4 terrorists hv infiltrated last month & 2 more groups r trying to infiltrate with help of PA

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Sir. gone are the days of CO enjoying the luxury of an IO.

An RR battalion is authorized about 27 officers but only about 10 -12 are posted. Of them hardly 6-8 are present including CO. QM and RMO catering for commanding six companies ... there is nothing left out with him... His QM is an SL officer, OC FRI can also be an SL officer, so given a choice I would take RMO with me to get over that high dissolute mountain of aloofness and loneliness that every CO has to go through.

RMO in the battlefield is a very big morale booster,,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles