India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
@FalconSlayers substance or hot air?
It had substance for Ikhwan-Ul Muslimeen not Kashmiri Pandits, we were asked to stay there (and die) as Indian gov will control this. 30 years on nothing happened. Pakistan‘s existence is detrimental to India’s sovereignty.

nWo 4 Life

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
you won't find any source... bcoz we are not Israel & our little dick governments don't publish or glorify our exploits

anyways this was a bid that didn't succeed bcoz there were no takers in that community
Well, it just feels a bit rich for that retired Brigadier to say that he feels nothing for the Kashmiri Pandits. Someone should have asked him what did the Army itself do to help Pandits? As far as I know, they did nothing to help them and allowed them to die at the beginning because they didn't receive orders from the government at first. So maybe he should check his own actions before victim blaming.

And that is what people who say the Army will protect Hindus need to understand. The Army is just an arm of the government and will do nothing to help us unless ordered. In fact, they might even shoot us if the government orders them to.

mokoman

Country flag
Well, it just feels a bit rich for that retired Brigadier to say that he feels nothing for the Kashmiri Pandits. Someone should have asked him what did the Army itself do to help Pandits? As far as I know, they did nothing to help them and allowed them to die at the beginning because they didn't receive orders from the government at first. So maybe he should check his own actions before victim blaming.

And that is what people who say the Army will protect Hindus need to understand. The Army is just an arm of the government and will do nothing to help us unless ordered. In fact, they might even shoot us if the government orders them to.
he is just writing up bullshit .

the twitter posts he posts are from pakistani accounts.

get what i am saying ?

Knowitall

Kashmiri pandits have a history of going against their own hindu brethren.

In the past most hindus were actively discouraged and barred from entering kashmir by Kashmiri pandits themselves who wanted a monopoly on the govt institutions and bussiness in kashmir.

Lower casts were treated like shit so they never came to help them during D-day.

Kashmiri pandits held a lot of powerful positions in the congress govt but never tried for any Changes and were running on the we will dominate them with knowledge weed. It cost them everything in the end.

nWo 4 Life

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Kashmiri pandits have a history of going against their own hindu brethren.

In the past most hindus were actively discouraged and barred from entering kashmir by Kashmiri pandits themselves who wanted a monopoly on the govt institutions and bussiness in kashmir.

Lower casts were treated like shit so they never came to help them during D-day.

Kashmiri pandits held a lot of powerful positions in the congress govt but never tried for any Changes and were running on the we will dominate them with knowledge weed. It cost them everything in the end.
I don't doubt THESE things. But I doubt what the other guy was saying that the government promised Pandits TRUCKLOADS OF WEAPONS to go back and fight and that a real retired Brigadier would say this in a TWEET of all things. Plus, there was an abdication of responsibility from everyone. The Army, the government and the Pandits themselves.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I don't doubt THESE things. But I doubt what the other guy was saying that the government promised Pandits TRUCKLOADS OF WEAPONS to go back and fight and that a real retired Brigadier would say this in a TWEET of all things. Plus, there was an abdication of responsibility from everyone. The Army, the government and the Pandits themselves.
it was not abdication of responsibility, it was a new kind of warfare that GoI was not prepared for. it took a few years for national security establishment to get a hang of things, but by then the damage has already been done.

Knowitall

That is nonsense.

IB is heavily compromised with factional politics no way they were sending teams around India talking about stroking a insurgency in kashmir. 1 leak and all media houses will go nuts for months.

You cannot just give them weapons and throw them into kashmir where will they stay which area is safe where can they set up camp what about food jobs money etc.

There are a multitude of issues that need to be addressed first before you decide to send KP's back to kashmir.

Half assed attempts like domicile means that the few who went their were shot and returned in body bags thus making sure that others don't come up with the same idea.

Govt is now slowly but steadily setting things up in the hope that one day KP's can go back to kashmir if ever. It is a very difficult task because repopulation in a hostile environment is very difficult.

nWo 4 Life

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
it was not abdication of responsibility, it was a new kind of warfare that GoI was not prepared for. it took a few years for national security establishment to get a hang of things, but by then the damage has already been done.
How so? Weren't we sending troops to fight LTTE years before the exodus? Surely we had at least SOME amount of knowledge to fight back. My point is that the security forces didn't even get involved in the first half of the exodus and just let them all die and flee. Only in the later periods, did they finally enter and try to clean up the mess. This is unacceptable.

And I'm not crying over spilt milk, I'm just saying that it is not a smart idea to depend on the government or the military for internal safety as far as jihadists go.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
That doesn't answer me. I have also mentioned about HM Patel sending Policemen.
But I want answer to your statement

----
1. Who was managing/ ruling those Island before 1947.
2. Under which clause of India's India's Independence act determined the above statement of yours.

Pakistan wanted to occupy and then conduct a plebiscite to transfer the accreditation. But that was an afterthought.

But, by no means one can say that those Islands were technically supposed to go to them.

Because
1. Before 1947 those Island were administered directly under Madras presidency and Madras presidency wasn't to be bifurcated based on religion.
2. To join India or Pakistan was a choice for princely states ( with certain conditions) again which is not the case here.

Hope it clears the situation.
Thanks for elaborating 👍
The word "technically" stirred it up I believe

Indrajit

Country flag
That is nonsense.

IB is heavily compromised with factional politics no way they were sending teams around India talking about stroking a insurgency in kashmir. 1 leak and all media houses will go nuts for months.

You cannot just give them weapons and throw them into kashmir where will they stay which area is safe where can they set up camp what about food jobs money etc.

There are a multitude of issues that need to be addressed first before you decide to send KP's back to kashmir.

Half assed attempts like domicile means that the few who went their were shot and returned in body bags thus making sure that others don't come up with the same idea.

Govt is now slowly but steadily setting things up in the hope that one day KP's can go back to kashmir if ever. It is a very difficult task because repopulation in a hostile environment is very difficult.
Ya, that's a far fetched tale. 1991-92 was a rough time and even the army had its hands full. The last thing anyone would have wanted is to babysit KP's who were the primary targets of the militants and any militia would have given the terrorists a better standing to kill more of that community. The aim at that time was to remove KP's from the picture before the Iron hand was laid out on the populace. Nobody foresaw such a long exile but KP's were very vulnerable in Kashmir. No one was sending them back. Not at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles