India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

another_armchair

Country flag
Bren LMG/INSAS LMG was the weapon of choice for vehicle mounted 'machine' gun role.

Good to see belt fed MG out in the open. The argument against belt fed MG was that mag fed LMG's handle stoppages better & are easier to recover from than belt fed ones.

Another argument was 'belt fed' machine guns make for really bad optics in COIN as it is considered a battle field weapon. SF's have used belt fed MG's liberally in the past though.

Last edited:

kaboom

Country flag
Bren LMG/INSAS LMG was the weapon of choice for vehicle mounted 'machine' gun role.

Good to see belt fed MG out in the open. The argument against belt fed MG was that mag fed LMG's handle stoppages better & are easier to recover from than belt fed ones.

Another argument was 'belt fed' machine guns make for really bad optics in COIN as it is considered a battle field weapon. SF's have used belt fed MG's liberally in the past though.
I find the optics reasoning very amusing coz ,
you know what's worse than having machine guns on vehicles for optics , having mutilated bodies of your men lying on the road from ambushes .

RDXChauhan

Wouldn't the ambush party attack the turret lmg guy first, rendering the big weapon useless

DingDong

Country flag
It was evident SSG was leading the ops. Tactics & execution is straight out of military playbook and rag-tag militants are not smart enough to execute ops with such precision.
That sounds like desperation. Is Pakistan working under the Chinese pressure? The way these "commanders" are falling like dead leaves, it seems that they have been asked to perform or perish. They are inflicting some wounds on us, however at what cost?

By the way what is this all about?

Spadex

Country flag
That sounds like desperation. Is Pakistan working under the Chinese pressure? The way these "commanders" are falling like dead leaves, it seems that they have been asked to perform or perish. They are inflicting some wounds on us, however at what cost?

By the way what is this all about?

Paff have LeT commander , it was supposed to be A jeM module. Similar in TRF.

Paff and TRF both are same just operated by different sm groups

abingdonboy

Country flag
Finally
I mean it took 3 f***ing years to reach pmo
imagine thinking this was about PMO

I guess modi should go down there to personally monitor each tactical op?

There’s zero indication that the GoI is interfering in tactical operations or not giving a free hand to the security forces (unlike Congress), in fact there’s ample evidence to the contrary.

yes this piece is 100% election noise but should we believe modi hasn’t been hammering these uniforms for years at this point and telling them to do what needs to be done? Does he really need to tell them roaming around in unarmoured thin skinned vehicles in a hot sector is asking for trouble?

You caj take a horse to water but can’t make it drink. The security professionals (I won’t call them experts) are meant to be the ones protecting themselves- the apex leadership has 100000 other things to worry about

abingdonboy

Country flag
Broad fking daylight and out in the open- not even concealment when in the kill zone.

the HT article claiming all SOPs were followed here is either lying or the Indian security establishment really is beyond hopeless

An armoured cab with a turret+ MG and this sh!t doesn’t happen

In COIN the initiative is always with the enemy but when you’re making such basic mistakes then it really does make you look like utter amateurs

Modi’s fault I guess

IMG_8348.jpeg

abingdonboy

Country flag
View attachment 252026

Try to ambush now motherfucker
Not even a turret shield

it’s 2024 and they could easily have installed a RCWS but I guess this is progress? The fact this is in desert camo points to how quickly they’ve had to rush these things from the LAC which proves how jugaad rules the day still and how the Pakistani proxy game works perfectly for China

Kumaoni

imagine thinking this was about PMO

I guess modi should go down there to personally monitor each tactical op?

There’s zero indication that the GoI is interfering in tactical operations or not giving a free hand to the security forces (unlike Congress), in fact there’s ample evidence to the contrary.

yes this piece is 100% election noise but should we believe modi hasn’t been hammering these uniforms for years at this point and telling them to do what needs to be done? Does he really need to tell them roaming around in unarmoured thin skinned vehicles in a hot sector is asking for trouble?

You caj take a horse to water but can’t make it drink. The security professionals (I won’t call them experts) are meant to be the ones protecting themselves- the apex leadership has 100000 other things to worry about
GOI plays a major role in whose appointed army chief, as well as procurements. Any officer above a Brigadier (that’s when they leave the field), is effectively a politician.

Mr.Evil007

Not even a turret shield

it’s 2024 and they could easily have installed a RCWS but I guess this is progress? The fact this is in desert camo points to how quickly they’ve had to rush these things from the LAC which proves how jugaad rules the day still and how the Pakistani proxy game works perfectly for China
We fall into it its been quite evident that we have 2 front threats and 3 if you count the proxies but if we are still not able to provide our men with basic equipment then its neither china’s fault nor pakis its our fault when soldiers die.

Mr.Evil007

GOI plays a major role in whose appointed army chief, as well as procurements. Any officer above a Brigadier (that’s when they leave the field), is effectively a politician.
I think it got crystal clear when a “super duper qualified jernal” got promoted to VCOAS after taking 9 casualties back to back in the same way on top of that the bodies were amputated rather than being grilled my boy was warming that new chair and rank.

Kumaoni

I think it got crystal clear when a “super duper qualified jernal” got promoted to VCOAS after taking 9 casualties back to back in the same way on top of that the bodies were amputated rather than being grilled my boy was warming that new chair and rank.
It’s all politics man.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles