India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

TopWatcher

Country flag
Missile and heavy machines are good to develop, i think DRDO also need to look into develop technologies for terrorist war.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Missile and heavy machines are good to develop, i think DRDO also need to look into develop technologies for terrorist war.
DRDO doesn't design equipment on their own, it's the user who asks them to develop giving broad requirements.

unlike a conventional war and related weapon systems, there is a cost limit in COIN, COIN is more human resource intensive and less tech intensive(in india's case).

you can go thru IA's compendium of problem definition statements, which is now compiled by army design bureau, to get an idea on how much of their requirements are COIN related. now IA need not go to DRDO for everything, they can do it in house or go directly to private sector.

TopWatcher

Country flag
DRDO doesn't design equipment on their own, it's the user who asks them to develop giving broad requirements.

unlike a conventional war and related weapon systems, there is a cost limit in COIN, COIN is more human resource intensive and less tech intensive(in india's case).

you can go thru IA's compendium of problem definition statements, which is now compiled by army design bureau, to get an idea on how much of their requirements are COIN related. now IA need not go to DRDO for everything, they can do it in house or go directly to private sector.
Does Army design bureau have engineer/scientist to develop things ?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Does Army design bureau have engineer/scientist to develop things ?
they do have engineers to develop things, how many will not be in public domain.

but i would suggest you spend some time going thru compendiums that have been released these past few years, and figure out what ADB is about. so that once and for all you have clarity on this topic. there will be youtube videos of what they have developed in-house, ASMI and SAMAR were inhouse innovations by IA and IAF.

i don't think your primary concern is about number of engineers they have, it's about outcomes.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I was wondering this since last few incidents,

Since terrorists are more or less locals (Kashmiris, same accent, genetically similar-looking), what is stopping the terrorists hiding in the vast forest to just bury their arms somewhere, and walk out of the forest pretending to be locals, and then escape ?

Since the area is large, identifation of every local and non-local person in the valley won't be possible in this short time-frame before terrorists can escape.

DumbPilot

Country flag
I was wondering this since last few incidents,

Since terrorists are more or less locals (Kashmiris, same accent, genetically similar-looking), what is stopping the terrorists hiding in the vast forest to just bury their arms somewhere, and walk out of the forest pretending to be locals, and then escape ?

Since the area is large, identifation of every local and non-local person in the valley won't be possible in this short time-frame before terrorists can escape.
Is there much evidence in recent times that they don't do this already? I remember the PAFF telegram releasing pictures taken above the heads of patrolling soldiers in the city; this means they have sympathizers or collaborators in the city in residential areas - which mean these terrorists possibly could be seeking shelter in such areas

Global Defence

New threads

Articles