India Cold Start Doctrine and Pakistan's Tactical Nukes

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
What ever you have shown does not complete the OODA loop. These all make observation in target zone and Orient the firer towards the target . After that he has no wherewithal to decide and act.

Namica if integrated with above systems can be aware of the target and told about the area, direction, speed etc but who will acquire, fix and fire on the target. Namica has no system to detect, identify, acquire, fix and then fire on the target at 7km. The guidance system is based on "Lock before Launch". So if I am not able to see and identify the target how can I lock on it? Hence it has reduced range. If the firer is not able to lock on target beyond 3 km, then should one have a heavy missile carrying explosive to go upto 7 km and making the missile 40 kgs ?

I just replying because of your ignorance

The missile is launched in the general direction of the target. As it approaches the target, images of the area ahead are sent back to the operator who will be able to identify enemy tanks. The command to lock on to a tank is then passed onto the seeker through an uplink mid-flight. After that, the missile homes in onto the target and destroys it.
images - 2019-05-19T195513.627.jpeg

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I just replying because of your ignorance

The missile is launched in the general direction of the target. As it approaches the target, images of the area ahead are sent back to the operator who will be able to identify enemy tanks. The command to lock on to a tank is then passed onto the seeker through an uplink mid-flight. After that, the missile homes in onto the target and destroys it.
View attachment 35240
Please tell me what exist on ground and what has been introduced / inducted in the Army. Not what exists in DRDO labs, in pictures and ppt.

NAMICA system is "Lock on before Launch" means the operator must see the target , lock on that and missil will then go there.

HELINA (in pictures only) is based on "Lock on After Launch" which means launch in missile in general direction of target, the seeker will acquire the target and send back pictures to the operator who then designates the target for missile to lock on.

There is no system in NAMICA for such data links. NAMICA depend on its IR seeker ( mm wave seeker not available as yet)

Ok let us move forward

https://www.drdo.gov.in/drdo/pub/npc/2018/march/din-01march2018.pdf

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
COLD START DOCTRINE: PAKISTAN RESPONSE

Indian objectives most probably hinge area upto and East of N-5 and this is likely to be "India's Line of Penetration".
All major forces of Pakistan except elements of their reserves - ARS and ARN are deployed ahead of this line during peace time or during war. Indians IBGs will rush to this line and set a stage to destroy Pakistani military machine

It may be realised that Pakistan has no space to maneuver, gain time for movement of their reserves or switch their forces. Presence of strong Indian Pivot Corps elements near border areas which has been redeployed or stationed will be strong deterrence for Pakistan to launch their preemptives offensive defensive moves as they used to do earlier. Cold Start Doctrine not only provides offensive capabilities to Indian Army but also strenghtens the defensive postures all along the border.

CSD -Pak.jpg

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
NCWF1.jpg

Pakistanis Developed their "New Concepts of War Fighting" against India's Cold Start Doctrine after deliberations and conduct of a few exercises particularly "Azm E Nau".

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
NVWF3.jpg

.................................................................................

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Do you really think That Modi will start something soon after election results

Or we have to wait for next terror attack

Our common people don't really talk about Feb 27 attack, only Defence enthusiasts like us do
Cold Start is a supposed to be a "Deterrence Failure" doctrine - something like, failure of deterrence during Kargil, Parliament attack, Pathankot, Uri etc...

It is a "Limited War Doctrine under Nuclear Overhang" meant to deny Pakistan's propensity to pursue low war intensity and sub conventional terrorist attacks against India by exploiting the Nuclear Stability Regime between India and Pakistan. Pakistan should not be allowed to get away with the freedom to use their terrorist assets in the belief that it has denied India an option of using her conventional superiority because of the Nuclear Regime.

whole idea is to convey a massage to Pakistan that Nuclear Regime is meant to perpetuate peace rather than a licence for freehand terrorist attacks on to India.

Pakistan was conveyed this earlier too but Pakistani establishment kept on checking Indian "threshold of tolerance" time and again and UPA under Sonia and MMS kept lowering their heads attack after attack. How could they ask Army to do something when they deliberately weakened their capability to respond.

But not under Modi - Pakistan will have to pay for their acts of terror or acts of asymmetrical wars.

Indian Goal - To establish undisturbed peace between India and Pakistan.
Mane Do Salon Ko ...

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
NCWF6.jpg

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
NCWF7.jpg

................................................................................

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
NCWF9.jpg

...................................................................................

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
NCWF10.jpg

...........................................................................................

Arsalan123

Force level has been listed.
If you do not know or not able to estimate that, I think, there is no use participating in the thred. Take it as 7000 - 8000 troops spread over a 12km X 15 km area - maximum concentration will be around the suburb Burki at the outskirts of Lahore at any given time, in between three successive canals where water will be flowing fully. Your forces are also rushing towards this area to stop Indian forces.

Now, how, where and when will you launch your Nasar ? I hope you will not say that you will launch it on your Canals or on your Towns ?
as far as canals are concerned,yes it's a big problem but i think we have previous experience in this case like 65 war.maximum concentration is what we want.nasr will be the last weapon against advancing indian ibgs.8000 to 9000 are not enough soldiers even if they use artillery and tanks.i told you before that pakistan has other options as well.pakistan realized in 65 war that fighting with indian army is useless and it will cause more damage to our soldiers than yours so basically we have created ways to counter indian thrust.nasr is the last option.there are other options like cruise missile attack,paf itself attacking indian army,chemical weapons,UAV(pakistan already have large number of armed drones),attack helicopters.during any indian thrust,our job is to keep our soldiers away from your ibgs.only in this way,we can save our men and do better job.nobody really wants to stop indian thrust.trick is we want you to attack us and advance.

critical part in any conflict is supply lines.indian armed forces can't survive without supply lines.i believe pakistan has created a strategy in which it try to cut off your supply from your back,providing room to counter from the front and engage from behind as well.we also have brain so i believe there is some kind of doctrine but it's not public.

Arsalan123

IBG will have 5 or 6 infantry battalions each with 900-1000 men.Basically a double strength brigade.It will have mechanized infantry regiment as well as artillery regiment/brigade.And engineers as well as army aviation gunships.
This will be supported by an armour regiment(45 tanks) or in important thrust sectors an armoured brigade (2-3 armour regiments).Just for information an armoured division has 3 armoured brigades.The 3 armoured divisions of IA are embedded in 3 strike corps which all have a smerch regiment as well as brahmos regiment in their integral artillery division.
Among these one strike corps 'sabre' corps will be now forward deployed just behind IBGs..idea is to have dozens of sector specific IBGs but 7-8 real assault formations which can attack all along the axis stretching pak defenses and reaction to the limit with shallow thrusts of 10-20 kms into pak territory which will later be used as bargaining chip for terrorist handover. When pak formations react to these shallow thrusts and counterattack it will open up gaps which the forward deployed strike corps will exploit with a view not to conquer territory but to cause max damage in man and material to PA.The other 2 strike corps form strategic reserve and final wave of reinforcement.

It will still take india 3-4 years to get all the necessary equipment( new rifles,k9 vajra,Mrsam and qrsam,biho,rafales,s400, apaches, lch,2000 t-90 tanks) as well as validating the concept and doing reorganizing for it go go operational.So dont worry no cold start before 2023..only coldwave.
so basically we have to wait until 2023.well lets see.plan looks good but pakistan army also knows this plan.problem is indian doctrine is public.what is our doctrine to counter it? nobody knows.we only say nasr but i know there is more in this story.

aghamarshana

Mitron......naacho
Country flag
so basically we have to wait until 2023.well lets see.plan looks good but pakistan army also knows this plan.problem is indian doctrine is public.what is our doctrine to counter it? nobody knows.we only say nasr but i know there is more in this story.
Yeah we know ur counter doctrine to CSD. The faster guys will run towards the west. The fat guys will surrender like they did in '71.
This doctrine is named 'Alhamdullillah'.

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
Just attack helicopters or are we gonna use some jets for CAS. And is there any role for armed drones in IBG's ?
I've long believed that all the attack helicopters and gunships should be transferred to Army Aviation for CAS + they should be given a few dedicated squadrons of Armed Hawks for CAS.

The Air Force could then focus on its priority roles.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles