India-China Relations

Vladimir79

Professional
Why do people assume that playing it down in public is the same as doing nothing about it? Am I to assume that the Indian government is incapable of acting unless something become a media phenomenon?
India is a representative democracy, public perception is everything when it comes to "getting things done." India is not China where they can act at the drop of a hat. You have complicated political parties to deal with which makes bureaucratic bakwash all too apparent.

I'm tired of all this media-tamasha, especially with Pakistan. Pointing fingers at Zardari or whoever isn't going to solve anything. If we want to do something, then better to do it quietly.
You can't treat Pakistan like China. China is a major power, don't underestimate them.

The media has its own role, especially when it can be used to get out our message to the world and get people on our side, but beyond a point, it is counterproductive.
Media can be used to support the goals of the state, if a threat from China exists, it should be played out on screen.

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
After LAC incursions, China now violates Intl Border in Ladakh​

LEH (J&K): After helicopter incursions into Indian airspace, the Chinese Army has brazenly violated the International Border in Ladakh region and painted boulders and rocks in the area red. The Chinese troops entered nearly 1.5 kilometres into the Indian territory near Mount Gya, recognised as International border by India and China, and painted the boulders and rocks with red spray paint, official sources said. The incursions were reported from the area, generally referred in the Chumar sector in east of Leh, and painted "China" in Cantonese with Red spray paint all over the boulders and rocks, they said. The 22,420 ft Mount Gya, also known as "fair princess of snow" by Army is located at the tri-junction of Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir, Spiti in Himachal Pradesh, and Tibet. Its boundary was marked during the British era and regarded as International border by the two countries.

The border patrol discovered the red paint markings on various rocks and boulders along the Zulung La (pass) on July 31 and the Chinese had entered into the area and written "China" and "China" all over the place, the sources said. When asked to comment on the issue, an Army spokesperson declined to answer any queries regarding this saying it was an operational matter.

Link

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I think we should go over to their Place and Spray Paint BJP, Congress etc all over the place! Plus throw in some Religious symbols too!

Seriously, I feel the chinese are just trying to provoke us, which I feel is good. We will be on our toes!

Flint

Overall its a good thing, because it will probably force the government to speed up the militarization of NE border regions, as well as major road infrastructure projects currently underway.

Vladimir79

Professional
I told you bold action was required. Now they are spray paininting their name on Indian territory. How stupid is it to think something is yours by writing your name on it?

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
China's intrusion in Indian borders!

Aajtak channel is reporting that the PLA has intruded 1.5 KM inside Indian borders.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
China violates Int'l Border in Ladakh

The Chinese Army has again violated the International Border in Ladakh region. This comes after a few days after the helicopter incursions into Indian airspace.

The Chinese troops entered nearly 1.5 kilometres into the Indian territory near Mount Gya, recognised as International border by India and China, and painted the boulders and rocks with red spray paint, official sources said.

The incursions seen as a deliberate attempt, were reported from the area, generally referred in the Chumar sector in east of Leh, and painted "China" in Cantonese with Red spray paint all over the boulders and rocks, they said.

The 22,420 ft Mount Gya, also known as "fair princess of snow" by Army is located at the tri-junction of Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir, Spiti in Himachal Pradesh, and Tibet. Its boundary was marked during the British era and regarded as International border by the two countries.

The border patrol discovered the red paint markings on various rocks and boulders along the Zulung La (pass) on July 31 and the Chinese had entered into the area and written "China" and "China" all over the place, the sources said.

When asked to comment on the issue, an Army spokesperson declined to answer any queries regarding this saying it was an operational matter.

With PTI inputs

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
yes I read that...C'mon Vinod this has been happening for long and happens nearly every month atleast once. They come in and paint the boulders red and we go back rub it and paint the boulders on the other side red. This has been happening since 2001....Not a big deal.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
May be its routine. I am waiting for more details.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Whats up with the red spray paints ? Might be new and excited recruits trying to prove some point by painting "China" on boulders.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Or it might be a kid running around with a red spray paint can....

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Well, as of now it seems the same routine stuff and it seems Aaj Tak over reacted.

Let's see if there is more to it.

proud_indian

Country flag
vinod ji

only aaj tak was telecasting that news
i want NDTV to make it confirm as it's the only or i can say little bit reliable media source. But this news is not there even in headlines.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Must be a newly minted Cantonese speaking PLA soldier.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Does not make any sense. China and India are both economically growing. Both in my view will not be interested in any war right now. Looks like some one is trying to create a situation.

tigerhill

Country flag
IT is a catch 22 situation
They are waiting for us to become aggressive

so that
they can retaliate in the name of self defence

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
Hu did it, and wen.

LMAO :)

Seriously, these are no cause for military action, may be for being prepared better, but not for military action.

PRC does not recognise the current border, and neither do we, there was a time of war and it was over these borders, a time when the government of India should have put the sovereignty of our nation and our land above all and fought till the last men if it had to.

Now is a time to defend what we have, and we know the Chinese want more, so we have just two options, keep patrolling the borders and have larger numbers to deter any action or to reach a agreement to end this dispute.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles