India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The implications of this is unfortunately for us more bad than good.

If this deal does come through chabahar will be the least of our worries.

An Iran dependent on China means Indian ops in Baluchistan and other province's will face a huge hit as we might not be able to use Iran as a launching pad anymore.

We might also see a much more aggressive shia population in our own country and possible radicalization.

Plus a china-pakistan-Iran combo means Afghanistan will be lost to us the second US leaves.

Iran is already making peace with taliban so we can have huge issues there too.

Let's see what happens.
well iran are having more issues with Pakistan due to attacks carried by ISI on Iranian soil funded by Saudi Arab. so they won't stop supporting baloch fighters.

another_armchair

Country flag
You cannot get everything. As I said before, Iran and Israel do not go together. If we want Israel, Iran is not possible.

Life is about choices.

India is not an enemy of Iran. And likely Iran is not an enemy of India. But one cannot say that we are friends.

Shia population of India is fine and will stay fine.

India tried NAM which failed. Then India tried neutrality which failed. The neutrality put India in a military disadvantage. Now we are trying to align with the West. This experiment is yet to fail. We shall see.
Regards Shia population, they will stay quiet for as long as the Sunni's and non Muslims are in majority.

Day Shia's are in majority, they will persecute Sunnis and Hindus alike.

It is what Abrahamic exclusivity, particularly in Islam is peddled by the sectarian Mullahs after twisting some (per)verse in their book.

nick_indian

Country flag
Russians want to be friends with India, despite American pressure on Russia. However this friendship is more cultural and long term. I see Russia as continuing to be a friend.

The situation with Iran is complicated. China wants a major influence in the Muslim world. China has already made major inroads in many Muslim countries. Iran has fallen prey to Chinese scheme.

The world is now divided into two camps - democracies and autocracies. All autocracies are aligning with China. All democracies are aligning with USA.
With Russia also, we are only friends till the time we are buying their weapons. If we stop buying their weapons under American pressure, our friendship could go down the drain with them also.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Agreed. But it is is not de -hyphenation but Indian Tiger turning its gaze towards China as possible main threat. It is a change in threat perception and validation of two and a half front theory of Indian Defense forces. It is a firm recognition and acceptance of collusive threat India faces from China and Pakistan. Therefore both are firmly hyphenated. Now the question of possible contingencies are two -

1. China main threat (Front) and Pakistan secondary threat (front) in collusion.
2. Pakistan as the main threat (Front) and China the secondary threat (front) in collusion.

The recent events have put China as the main threat and Pakistan colluding with it. It is also signals a change in Chinese strategy towards India in its willingness to challenge India directly rather than through Pakistan which it was doing so far. Consequently the Chinese front becomes the primary front.

However. Indian Security managers have to be alive to the stated and declared political intention to merge POK and GB with Union of India as our rightful territories. Chines might be playing a game of distracting away the Indian Defense Forces and sucking significant forces towards LAC from being poised to achieve those political goals and saving its heavy invested BRI and CPEC.

India will have to re balance itself at strategic level to deal with this strategic fluidity and dynamics that China has deliberately brought in.

China keeping two to three divisions in Ladakh to save CPEC is a reasonable and affordable cost.
Route to pok passes through ladakh.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
this is a major blow to the present western power structure it is a permanent threat to energy and trade. iN many ways it will be destabilizing. This is a huge gain for China , Russia and Iran. Shows what limits to foreign policy can bring.
It's not a good sign to Israel. I hope they will stop selling weapons to China secretly after that.

garg_bharat

Country flag
With Russia also, we are only friends till the time we are buying their weapons. If we stop buying their weapons under American pressure, our friendship could go down the drain with them also.
I don't think so. Germany and Russia are surprisingly India friendly. Their languages have many Sanskrit words. It is cultural.

But Russia will not fight on India's side. Even USA will not fight directly for India. However India can get equipment from both and hopefully start producing own equipment.

India needs to pay attention to domestic arms production.

nick_indian

Country flag
I don't think so. Germany and Russia are surprisingly India friendly. Their languages have many Sanskrit words. It is cultural.

But Russia will not fight on India's side. Even USA will not fight directly for India. However India can get equipment from both and hopefully start producing own equipment.

India needs to pay attention to domestic arms production.
We have much closer civilizational links with Iran than with Russia or Germany. That hasn't helped our relationship with Iran ever since stopped buying their oil under American pressure. Now they are moving in the China camp.

These civilisational links don't help much in the face of modern geopolitical realities.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Yes they did ... what does one know what they did and did not do ??
Who is Suman Sharma to ask about the service activities of a general. Or does she mean they should have revolted or made a union like all other civilian Services.. who is one to question the rights of generals post retirement.. ?? If they disclose any confidential matter known to them during their service then it is a different matter.. does Suman Sharma provide them Bungalows . guards. vehicle and remunerations to keep quite.. ??

Thundering13th

Country flag
Same source that you and me rely on. What does logic say? Tum f4 ki chotio pe aa gaye. Theek hai. Humne neeche jaha tak humari dirt track hai waha adm base banaya. Ok. So now we vacate the adm base and move back to the ITBP company operating base? PGTso south bank me humari post hai. CHINA ki bhi hai. Par hum direct observation rakhte hai unki supply lines par. Source ki zarurat nahi. Ek bullet leke thakung post pe chale jao.youtube subscribers bhi khush air tumko local topography ka andaza bhi ho jayega. Tumhara pass kya source hai ki we moved back from f4 base to f4 itbp cob?

Thundering13th

Country flag
Same source that you and me rely on. What does logic say? Tum f4 ki chotio pe aa gaye. Theek hai. Humne neeche jaha tak humari dirt track hai waha adm base banaya. Ok. So now we vacate the adm base and move back to the ITBP company operating base? PGTso south bank me humari post hai. CHINA ki bhi hai. Par hum direct observation rakhte hai unki supply lines par. Source ki zarurat nahi. Ek bullet leke thakung post pe chale jao.youtube subscribers bhi khush air tumko local topography ka andaza bhi ho jayega. Tumhara pass kya source hai ki we moved back from f4 base to f4 itbp cob?
F3 itbp cob

Thundering13th

Country flag
Gogra post which is an ITBP cob allows us to dominate the general area. CHINESE did accumulate but soon realised ki India's observation in the larger hot spring area which is about 4 km from our gogra post is good and that they cannot mount a massive assault. Few days back spoke to my friend in one of the inf units. What he told me was they are into rehearsals for assault. 3 divs blocking and 1 div to counter. Not for a joke ...or is it?

airtel

Country flag
Did we ever have a chance in Afghanistan ? . We will support the Afghanistan gov right till the end . I think the soldiers and officers in current Afghanistan gov and army hate the Pakis and love india , seen support from them on twitter .

Once US leaves ,its game over for us.

If pakis and Iran are cooperating with china then US would not leave Afghanistan .
They have to find another longer and costly route for Afghanistan and stay there ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles