IN Scorpene Submarines - News & Discussions

scatterStorm

Country flag
Man, this seriously compromises our deterrence against our potential enemies. What's even worse is that our mainstream media is broadcasting it like a virus on international and national news live!

Source - http://www.livefistdefence.com/

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Can any one post the link for documents...so we can refer those....

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
It happened 5 years ago and I am sure counter measures have been taken long ago.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Since the document has been in the open for more than 4-5 years, it would be safe to assume which ever country wanted to have already got it.

I am assuming the impact on us depends on how much of the orders for subcomponents are already given for the remaining subs.

I still don't get who is the real target here, india / Australia or France ? Or is it just pure greed?

harsh

Country flag
Its everything. 22400 pages then you can easily assume that nothing left to hide.
point is how can you change engine noise or noise characteristics of submarine.
How you are going to use it in future.

this leak drowned our 3.9 bn dollars. And we are not even aware of it.

and can we consider scorpene for P75I ???

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I am assuming the impact on us depends on how much of the orders for subcomponents are already given for the remaining subs.

I still don't get who is the real target here, india / Australia or France ? Or is it just pure greed?
When American stealth projects can get leaked to chinese or russians, we stand no where. This is why India has to invest a lot in intelligence units, to get the deals done and safegaurd the deals from leaks.

Target is the Indian policy of going and shopping all around the world by making noises instead of bringing tool and design facilities at home. Put those 3.5 Billion bucks into research we have had something if not everything but not leaked.

I am sure counter measures were taken by policy makers long ago. So this is an old story for them. And most probably not a substantial damage.

And I hope they took proper care during arihant project. I would be scared if Arihant's docs were leaked.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Here's what we should do
1) Sue DCNS for not being diligent about protecting our data for double the value of the subs.
2) Use the Leaked Data & Tot already acquired to create our own bigger version of Scorpene with a Brahmos VLS as well.
3)Simultaneously Mkise the hulls not built yet to incorporate Indian Systems not leaked.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag

looks like we are screwed, French never told us about leake of data.
I don't assume at all that Indian agencies were not aware of the leak. They were aware of it but it only came on public domain this year.

Country flag
This is disaster how can such a huge leak happen? Does not bode well for future French deals.
RAFALE may have been reduced because of this! DCNS is part owned by French government this is inexcusable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Firstly, there are pathetic delays in defense acquisitions and then this. This must be biggest setback in our Naval History. Now these scorpenes are nothing more than scrap metal, if the frequency data has leaked.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
good time to tell the L&T to start making conventional sub with DRDO AIP, that way all our secrets will be with us.

Let L&T expand massively, into nuclear and conventional sub wing and start making them in assembly line.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
There is also no guarantee that whosoever wins P-75I won't do same or similar. So take whatever technology that is still needed to be imported, except do rest of the job yourself. No time to wait for an indigenous design till P-75I arrives. Make P-75I an indigenous project and take whatever help that is needed like we did in case of Arihant.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Firstly, there are pathetic delays in defense acquisitions and then this. This must be biggest setback in our Naval History. Now these scorpenes are nothing more than scrap metal, if the frequency data has leaked.
This was coming.

The accidnet of INS sindhurakshak is 100% sabotage from my point of view. You see the pattern of all inciidents in IN.

Some one is after India's attack submarine fleet and rest of the vessels. To prevent India having a blue water navy and control IO.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Make P-75I an indigenous project and take whatever help that is needed like we did in case of Arihant.
It will reduce the vurnability but more important is prevention of data. As I described in my earlier post, when the data on stealth tech can be stolen by hackers in China then they can do it in India too.

The planners need to have a system with no scope of sabotage and leak.

fooLIam

lets wait for more information instead of giving knee-jerk reaction and fear mongering.This incident may be ploy against DCNS by it's rivals or as @Screambowl has said conspiracy against india to deny underwater capabilities and all kind of other deals India is haing with france.

our media houses are not taken to be seriously. :nono:

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
This was coming.

The accidnet of INS sindhurakshak is 100% sabotage from my point of view. You see the pattern of all inciidents in IN.

Some one is after India's attack submarine fleet and rest of the vessels. To prevent India having a blue water navy and control IO.
I've read somewhere that Indian war plans were leaked to Pakis as well. Some also say that Kulbhushan is a Double agent.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles