Imported Single Engine Fighter Jet Contest

WolfPack86

Country flag
I am very happy that indian air force is facing stiff resistance from mod and nsa ajit doval. Govt of india should force indian air force to accept all variants of tejas. If need bring tata to produce tejas.

Last edited:

binayak95

Country flag
Kunal sir, no offence, but I'd sooner believe Shiv Aroor then trust someone like Ajai Shukla. Ajai Shukla is extremely biased against the present govt. His Modi jacket tweet was extremely offensive.

On Lockheed payroll ..
Coming back to the topic, yes the IAF is spouting BS against the Tejas, but there are no plans to cancel it. The Tejas program is safe. The IAF was impressed with its performance back in Ex Iron Fist... so much so that they have assured support for 83 Mk1A.

Its good to hear that Doval wants the AF to go for Tejas only. But I believe that the F-16 deal is simply unavoidable given the support we need for EMALS and US support in other areas.

A fast emerging cooperation front is the reemergence of the Quad - and the JWG on ACs.

WolfPack86

Country flag
It's really golden words from a vishnu. Tejas is one of the finest fighter jet in the world. Armed with beyond visual range missile derby and advance aesa radar it will be deadliest fighter in coming years. We can also make stealth version of tejas.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
How do you know that IAF is against Tejas or that Doval has been involved? It is a fashion nowadays to name doval in everything. I am suspicious of the content. Why will doval be so open that these presstitutes can see it?
Kunal sir, no offence, but I'd sooner believe Shiv Aroor then trust someone like Ajai Shukla. Ajai Shukla is extremely biased against the present govt. His Modi jacket tweet was extremely offensive.

Coming back to the topic, yes the IAF is spouting BS against the Tejas, but there are no plans to cancel it. The Tejas program is safe. The IAF was impressed with its performance back in Ex Iron Fist... so much so that they have assured support for 83 Mk1A.

Its good to hear that Doval wants the AF to go for Tejas only. But I believe that the F-16 deal is simply unavoidable given the support we need for EMALS and US support in other areas.

A fast emerging cooperation front is the reemergence of the Quad - and the JWG on ACs.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
I have been following Shiv Aroor and Ajai Shukla for several years now. Both are very enjoyable to read. I don’t remember any of them being negative about Tejas development or Tejas induction, on the contrary ! But prove me wrong .

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
I have been following Shiv Aroor and Ajai Shukla for several years now. Both are very enjoyable to read. I don’t remember any of them being negative about Tejas development or Tejas induction, on the contrary ! But prove me wrong .
Right, Shukla has been pretty critical of IAF in the past for undermining the Tejas program. People on this forum don't like him in general because of his anti BJP and left leaning views. He also has dubious links to arms dealers.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Right, Shukla has been pretty critical of IAF in the past for undermining the Tejas program. People on this forum don't like him in general because of his anti BJP and left leaning views. He also has dubious links to arms dealers.
He also has dubious links to arms dealers.
Journalists in the defence field have to meet arms dealers all the time for professional reasons. A man is inocent before proven guilty .

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
@Tactical Frog

Innocent until proven guilty or guilty until proven innocent depends on track record. If you have bad track record, it is guilty until proven innocent.

Next, a journalist must be reasonable and factual. We don't sit here to listen to his personal opinions. Proper questions, causes, solutions must be mentioned. If a journalist thinks that a reader is at his mercy, then it will become outrageous

Yggdrasil

Country flag
People don't like him because he's a dodgy character who has most likely been compromised - I don't think anyone give a rodent's butt about his political leanings - I certainly don't. But you don't go around talking out of your ass and badmouthing the services publicly, while being involved in all sorts of shady stuff.

See here:

https://storify.com/drgpradhan/ajai-shukla-a-journo-a-runaway-col

If he went AWOL, which is believable, he's probably one of those in the Thapar mold - rose up in the forces because of nepotism while selling his services to the highest foreign bidder.

I ignore both Ajai Shukla and Bharat Karnad - but while the latter is entertaining (though delusional), the former just makes my skin crawl.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
People don't like him because he's a dodgy character who has most likely been compromised - I don't think anyone give a rodent's butt about his political leanings - I certainly don't. But you don't go around talking out of your ass and badmouthing the services publicly, while being involved in all sorts of shady stuff.

See here:

https://storify.com/drgpradhan/ajai-shukla-a-journo-a-runaway-col

If he went AWOL, which is believable, he's probably one of those in the Thapar mold - rose up in the forces because of nepotism while selling his services to the highest foreign bidder.

I ignore both Ajai Shukla and Bharat Karnad - but while the latter is entertaining (though delusional), the former just makes my skin crawl.
He's not a runaway Col. I know him personally and he took premature retirement from the forces to focus on a lucrative civil career. Actually he isn't a full Col either, he is a Lt Col.

About his political leanings, most posters don't care he is affiliated to the Congress I would think but he is one of the gang that always posts anti national stuff just because he wants to go against what the ruling party says and regularly uses denigrating language like "bhakts" etc.

About his character, I'm sure you are right. Most journalists who are famous in India are sold.

rone

Country flag
i think its necessary ..becoz it will make hal in to fight or die situation they are behind schedule every time ,the ifr flights has to be done in 2017 april till now its not done , gun trails in nov dec of 2016 ,every thing hal done in pathetic way , i like tejas more than any fighter even it small it pack a punch for it size and formidable power against jf17 , and to those who think tejas is not gud as f16 ,tejas is not medium weight fighter its a replacement for mig21 , and it was very suitable ,why we need long range medium weight fighter more ?now we have almost 300+(in mig29 upg,m2000-mk2,su30) what we need point in line fighter to make rapid action and high serviceability ..i think if hal rectify their mistake and speed up production of mk1 and mk1a development also mk2 tejas will be more than enough for iaf

the thing India need not some 70's us tech what we need 5 gen fighter other wise when we induct 5th gen it will be too late , either su57 or f35 its up to mod to decide (amca not going to see the sky before 2030 ..assumption form last decade ada and hal behavior )

also gov have to stop spending unnecessary fund in r&d in drdo and ada and support priv8 r&d ,,, in Indian mind gov job is life long insurance they dont have any competitive mind whether they succeed or not they will get paid less efficiency and lot of bureaucracy

:dude::dude::dude::frusty::mad2:

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
i think its necessary ..becoz it will make hal in to fight or die situation they are behind schedule every time ,the ifr flights has to be done in 2017 april till now its not done , gun trails in nov dec of 2016 ,every thing hal done in pathetic way , i like tejas more than any fighter even it small it pack a punch for it size and formidable power against jf17 , and to those who think tejas is not gud as f16 ,tejas is not medium weight fighter its a replacement for mig21 , and it was very suitable ,why we need long range medium weight fighter more ?now we have almost 300+(in mig29 upg,m2000-mk2,su30) what we need point in line fighter to make rapid action and high serviceability ..i think if hal rectify their mistake and speed up production of mk1 and mk1a development also mk2 tejas will be more than enough for iaf

the thing India need not some 70's us tech what we need 5 gen fighter other wise when we induct 5th gen it will be too late , either su57 or f35 its up to mod to decide (amca not going to see the sky before 2030 ..assumption form last decade ada and hal behavior )

also gov have to stop spending unnecessary fund in r&d in drdo and ada and support priv8 r&d ,,, in Indian mind gov job is life long insurance they dont have any competitive mind whether they succeed or not they will get paid less efficiency and lot of bureaucracy

:dude::dude::dude::frusty::mad2:

Research doesn't happen by magic nor is it guaranteed or lucrative. Defence research is always funded by government everywhere. China, Russia outright has completely nationalised defence and they work well. USA, despite privatisation, keep a tight control over defence research. Private people have the right to be completely arbitrary and unfair at the expense of others and hence the state of USA misuses it to escape responsibility.

It is foolish to assume war is for making high profits. Right war is waged for justice and may not entail money

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
None taken, Shiv aroor or for Ajai Shukla are not trust worthy in defense matter at all now a days ..

Its not about cancelling it but foreign platform which is intended to occupy tejas place in squadron level, See how T-90 were purchased back then :

It was told that India will be buying just +300 tanks to counter PA`S +300 T-80, Ended up with more than 1000 T-90, Leaving only a small place for Arjuns and now despite promised to buy Arjun MK2 its being pushed back at drawing board until thier another import tank its place.

============

IAF has a space for 14 squadron of Tejas, If any-other get involve it will be merely left to 2-3 squadrons and not more ..

Kunal sir, no offence, but I'd sooner believe Shiv Aroor then trust someone like Ajai Shukla.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
I am having a feeling that Indian defense budget will be overshot if things like single engine fighter, tanks or anything indian or foreign will be purchased now. We have not received a higher revenue model from the previous government but have got a lot of backlog in technology and manufacturing abilities. It is more important to just accumulate technology and manufacturing ability than to manufacture or buy en masse.

There are many things one has to consider like revenue model and economy for future so that budget can be higher in the future, cutting down imports etc in the short term than to go aggressively buying anything.

We have already bought too many things - Spike ATGM, Kamov 226, S400, Barak-8, submarines, ships being constructed rapidly, ammunitions, rifles, LCH, TEJAS, Rafales, aircraft carrier fittings, NAG etc and the list goes on. Simply put too many things have been bought in past 1-2 years that things van get tight. We may have to divert money from infrastructure to defence if we continue this buying spree.

Better to simply fund R&D while investing in economy for better returns starting 2019, get Modi reelected and then further the agenda of buying more. These Single engine fighter or FRCV only appears to be a wet dream of foreign elements but unrealistic for India. Even Arjun tank may not see daylight due to this. Since we already have decent technology to make arjun tanks, Tejas aircraft, better to fine tune the design, develop bharat pack and Kaveri and other accessories and subsystems in one's own pace and be ready to mass produce when needed by 2024-5.

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
I am with @warrenss on this one.Capability building is more important than indigenious development.

At this point in time the Tejas MK1 isnt as capable as F 16 or Gripen E neither can HAL produce it in the numbers required so a 100 to 200 order of SE fighters look inevitable.

Wars are won by capability.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

What is the foundation of such capability ?

Importing arms does not make anyone capable it eats away country economically as well as intellectually and runs out eventually and the one able to produce more than it losses, Win eventually ..

The quote goes for both of you ..

I am with @warrenss on this one.Capability building is more important than indigenious development.

At this point in time the Tejas MK1 isnt as capable as F 16 or Gripen E neither can HAL produce it in the numbers required so a 100 to 200 order of SE fighters look inevitable.

Wars are won by capability.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles