IAF Mi-17V5 Crashed Near Coonoor (Tamil Nadu)-CDS Onboard

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

Seeing the kind of sewer rats and pigs celebrating Rawats death, I can only imagine what a great Person was. Agar aaj rakshas khush hai toh wo devata hi hue honge.

Bhagwaan Uvacha.
Bhagwan uvacha,halde

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars And Several in RW aka The Raitaas Lobbys also who are ok and even encourage mocking our gods. Ek Din people will see them for who they are.

Bhagwaan Uvacha.

srevster

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Unko Udhampur se Lucknow transfer kiya kuch gadbad ke chalte. I think Gen Kapoor was the Chief back then. And we'll even Kapoor was corrupt.

And His wife is a also too, threw burning hot tea at one of the helpers. The whole thing was hushed up and the poor soldier was paid off. What these Generals forget is that they are soldiers and not servants.

View attachment 124035
Even servants don’t deserve that. Everyone should be able to reserve their dignity. India needs to drop the stupid VIP culture

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

Seeing the kind of sewer rats and pigs celebrating Rawats death, I can only imagine what a great Person was. Agar aaj rakshas khush hai toh wo devata hi hue honge.

Bhagwaan Uvacha.
Don't worry halde, pigs will continue to be slaughtered , kal hi 3 ko mara kashmir me , all three pigs from the other side , plus rakibols are captured day in and day out and then executed .
Thukai chalti rahegi , saalon ki .

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Even servants don’t deserve that. Everyone should be able to reserve their dignity. India needs to drop the stupid VIP culture
Ya'll Nibbiars The servant the Panag they are the servants to a particular lobby.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Next Army Chief after Gen MM Naravane becomes CDS is probably Lt Gen Yogesh Kumar Joshi.

This guy is a badass motherfucker war hero!
I was hoping he will become the next Army Chief. He is very compatible, an expert in Mountain warfare and has experience in fighting China.

Final moments of Mi-17 chopper carrying CDS Bipin Rawat and 13 others before it crashed near Coonoor, Tamil Nadu yesterday (Video Source: Locals present near accident spot)

Note the visibility was so poor
Thick fog, zero visibility. The pilot probably descended to see better but hit the trees on the ground. I think this solves the mystery of helicopter on fire and foul play.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
The sound at the end tells the fan abruptly stopped after its wings got heavily stuck into tree branches.

One scenario I can think of is Heli trying to land after developing some technical snag. Due to the fog, the Pilot misjudged the landing. The Helli fell/rolled/toppled into the ditch and got fire.
Most likely
If the Flight recorder is retrieved and data is analysed, and a minor Snag is found which occured before the crash
It would be likely that Landing the bird in such shitty fog was the reason
Butterfly effect 🙂

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I woke up today, hoping yesterday was just a dream, or maybe I got Schizophrenia, and that nothing as such ever happened, it was just a figment of my wild imagination.
I am having a really hard time digesting, how such a catastrophe can really happen. I mean, this has to be on some parallel timeline.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MonaLazy

Thick fog, zero visibility. The pilot probably descended to see better but hit the trees on the ground. I think this solves the mystery of helicopter on fire and foul play.
I think it was a problem of spatial disorientation because of fog, compounded by the fact that a VVIP was on board so pilots may have been under pressure? We must remember the earlier plan was to go from Sulur to Wellington by road, until the last minute change. So the pilots may have had precious little time to mentally prepare & plan this specific sortie (even as they may be well versed with the route)- only speculating while meaning to cast no aspersions, please.

I don't think there was any problem with the heli- no failure is sudden- lights flash, corrective measures are attempted, mayday calls would have been received at the controlling ATC and they would have known something was amiss. In this case, the first responders were local police who were informed by tea estate workers of the mishap. Don't think the heli sent out even a single distress call. Eyewitnesses also report it was flying fine till it hit the tree- so it went from controlled to uncontrolled in the blink of an eye.

Finally, when flying in fog be clear of the hills. When flying in hills be clear of fog. This cardinal rule of flying was definitely broken here- probably because the pilots were leaning on experience to sail through. Also not aware of any instrumentation on-board this VIP chopper to alert them of ground proximity- but it is possible that the pilots who were descending to land (only 10 mins away) misjudged the altitude because of fog and not looking at the heli's altitude indicator & crashed.

Something similar happened with Kobe Bryant’s helicopter-

Let's wait for the final word from the CoI's findings on this one.

Last edited:

vishnugupt

Country flag
Final moments of Mi-17 chopper carrying CDS Bipin Rawat and 13 others before it crashed near Coonoor, Tamil Nadu yesterday (Video Source: Locals present near accident spot)

Note the visibility was so poor
It seems Heli hit the tree straight without any technical issues.

looks like Heli wasn’t trying to land so a technical issue unlikely. But speed was low as a precaution.

what about sensors like terrain collusion device? Vision device? And aviators usually wear by pilots surely decrease visibility further.

It looks like IAF pilots need to spend more time on simulator/training rather than on Carrom board. Tri-service inquiry surely brings some light about IAF operational procedures.

Global Defence

Articles