How credible is India's second strike capability. Explained in one picture

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
I don't know from where these experts are getting knowledge. A5 is not using a booster here. Its a gas generator. Every single SLBM and canister missile in world uses gas generator for lift off.
But seeing the tweeter handle I could imagine where they are getting this knowledge. Someone who has seldom developed any missile of their own is creating news about lift off and launch.
every canister missile will be ejected firat and ignited next

Last edited by a moderator:

safriz

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Again mnoro even russian Topol-M canister missile is ejected out and get's ignited here is video
No i am no moron. No need to get worked up.
There is a difference between getting ejected from tube and starting main engine and using booster to get some speed , eject the booster and then start main engine.
the former is done by Russians as you posted the video,no booster is being used,just gas ejection and then main engine.
But in Agni-5 and K-15 case.It's gas ejection,then booster and then main engine. watch the Agni-5 video i posted. It;s all in there.

safriz

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I don't know from where these experts are getting knowledge. A5 is not using a booster here. Its a gas generator. Every single SLBM and canister missile in world uses gas generator for lift off.
But seeing the tweeter handle I could imagine where they are getting this knowledge. Someone who has seldom developed any missile of their own is creating news about lift off and launch.
Gas generator remains inside the tube . It is not part of misisle and doesn't get ejected after launch as being done in Agni-5 video posted in this therad.

safriz

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
every canister missile will be ejected firat and ignited next
The reason for verbal abuse is?
Not that i care but asking out of curiosity.

Last edited by a moderator:

safriz

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Anyway i am out of here.
This forum needs less abuse,more technical discussions and arguments.
That is non existent here. So adios. back to my Twitter where i can say what i want without being antagonized.

Reactions: Neo

Chinmoy

Country flag
No i am no moron. No need to get worked up.
There is a difference between getting ejected from tube and starting main engine and using booster to get some speed , eject the booster and then start main engine.
the former is done by Russians as you posted the video,no booster is being used,just gas ejection and then main engine.
But in Agni-5 and K-15 case.It's gas ejection,then booster and then main engine. watch the Agni-5 video i posted. It;s all in there.
Let me tell you something. The vid which you have shared is from 2015 test or 3rd test of Agni. This was the first canister launch of A5. Now when any missile is launched from a canister for the very first time, it does make use of an extra module or what you could say as an extra padding on its motor to avoid any untoward situation for the first launch. Now the gas which is generated inside the canister is at low pressure, but high amount. In short any sort of miscalculation could either result in the rupture of the canister (unlikely) or rupturing the rocket motor (likely). So for every first canister test, it is a precautionary measure.
A booster stage of an 50 ton missile would not just blow away from the body or exhaust as it is shown in the vid.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Yes True. But Brahmos has an Air Intake at the front which needs to be protected from Debris , hence the cap.
Shuria or K-4 hasnt.
here is land version which hasnt got the cap,as it is removed before launch,not after as in the naval version.
Brahmos missile cap has 4 motors that provide direction to the missile when launched in vertical mode. You have no idea what you are talking about.

here are the motors on the cap
http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/00942/IN04_RESEARCH_CENTR_942179f.jpg

here in use

when launched in inclined position, this cap just is ejected out.

it appears you are just making up things, without understanding what it is.

If you want to comment on Indian missile, you need to do proper research then post your thoughts.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Anyway i am out of here.
This forum needs less abuse,more technical discussions and arguments.
That is non existent here. So adios. back to my Twitter where i can say what i want without being antagonized.
Good bye asshole...
Even you find worst abuse in other forums around world..In here it is much better

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Exactly my point. K-15 is not real undersea deterrent. M<ight be good for land version as lesser weight to range ratio than all other indian ballistic missiles. But as SLBM it has shortcomings.
K15 is used for nuclear delivery, it is specially made for Pakistan, you dont like it, its your problem.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
3 pages to an idiot is enough ! Chill guys ..........

lcafanboy

Country flag
K-15 is not real undersea deterrent
True K-15 may not be undersea deterrent but we should demonstrate a test where it is launched from a river using pontoon that will change the whole game as then Porkistanis will be at their wits end as they will be in fear that India may also use this weapon from Narmada or Sutlej or Beas Rivers in Gujarat, Punjab or Haryana covering entire Porkiland.

A whole battery of 6 to 8 K-15 fired from under river could be a nightmare for Porkis. DRDO should make amphibious trucks or vehicle which can go under river water to hide from satellites and incoming missiles can be game changer against pakis.

lcafanboy

Country flag
since bramhos has a Limited Range
Brahmos can cover entire Pakistan as it has 750 kms range. After India joining MTCR now they have acknowledged 600kms (still down playing by 150kms as original onyx is 800 kms range missile)by saying that it will be upgraded soon but range of brahmos was always 750kms.

armyofhind

Country flag
I have spent 9 years at sea , so know what i am on about.
Lies. Typical of a Pakistani.
If you had spent even a year at sea you would know that the Arabian Sea (most probable staging area for a submarine launched second strike) remains calm enough year round except for the July and September months.
So either you're lying or you're just plain incompetent as fuck like the other Pakistani seamen I've seen.

Swells can be very high even without winds.
Lies again.
Swell can be "very" high only in places where a depression or front has just passed. In places where it is currently passing, there is sea, not swell.
Highest swell you'll find under normal conditions would probably be state 3.
Your ignorance of the basic difference between sea and swell itself illustrates that you havent been out to sea.

Regions of high seas will anyway be avoided by a submariner with respect to a missile launch from under the surface.

The rest of the gibberish in your post has already been countered by other members.

Go back to your madrassa Jihadi. You're outclassed and outmatched here.

Immanuel

Country flag
K-Family of missiles are among the most advanced in the world, not only do they fly a flat trajectory like a cruise missile albeit at a higher altitude of between 40 and 50km; they are also capable of maneuvering, the K-15 Sagarika can maneuver at speeds of over mach 7.5 before hitting the target within a CEP of between 20-30m which is quite accurate for a tactical nuke missile. The K-15 has a range of between 700-1800 depending on the type warhead, with a nuke warhead the range is between 1200-1800km. There isn't a missile defense that is capable of defeating due to its high maneuver speed and flat trajectory.

K-4 flies roughly the same way although at speeds of over mach 20 and has a range between 3500 with a 2.5 ton warhead and 5000km with lower payload weight, good luck stopping either

SilentKiller

Country flag
I have spent 9 years at sea , so know what i am on about. Swells can be very high even without winds. The perfectly calm sea from where the showcase test of K-15 was recorded is only ideal situation not even normal at high seas.
Launch can be done from harbors and coastal bays where similar conditions exist ,same as chinese used to do with their original Ballistic missile subs which stayed near coastal waters.
please post 1 video or pic where missile test were done by any nation during high sea, particulalry for SLBM..
they we will discuss.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Leave it guys. He have already left the arena. No need to keep on posting. Although we could shift his points to relevant comedy thread which we already have over here.
On second thought, I think we should invest in strategic bomber platform too. I mean if we want to be a global power, bomber is one aspect where we have not yet done a single investment. We should atleast carry out feasibility study of producing one.

SilentKiller

Country flag
Leave it guys. He have already left the arena. No need to keep on posting. Although we could shift his points to relevant comedy thread which we already have over here.
On second thought, I think we should invest in strategic bomber platform too. I mean if we want to be a global power, bomber is one aspect where we have not yet done a single investment. We should atleast carry out feasibility study of producing one.
please move all his posts this thread and other missile threads he started to pakistan comedy..

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
That conclusion was deduced from watching this dry test video. This is the naval version being test on land as evident from the cap.
Look at the height it gains from gas generator push,which isnt much and then the booster motor fires up at about the height of missiles length after it leaves the tube. So after 10 meter ejection the booster has to start and it only starts outside of water. Henc eth submarine must have to be less than 10 meters below water for the missile to clear water and fire up the booster,

That conclusion was deduced from watching this dry test video. This is the naval version being test on land as evident from the cap.
Look at the height it gains from gas generator push,which isnt much and then the booster motor fires up at about the height of missiles length after it leaves the tube. So after 10 meter ejection the booster has to start and it only starts outside of water. Henc eth submarine must have to be less than 10 meters below water for the missile to clear water and fire up the booster,

Your anology is as stupid as your missile technology. Better you do not post your bs and expose your great knowledge of missile technology.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles