GST: One Nation One Tax

Trinetra

Country flag
Haven't heard about doing away with MRP.
I think the old products will have to clear out with MRP.. new products manufactured after July 1st will have a lesser product price which wont have manufacturing and transport tax but only have GST thats it .. that could make the product less cheaper..

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I think the old products will have to clear out with MRP.. new products manufactured after July 1st will have a lesser product price which wont have manufacturing and transport tax but only have GST thats it .. that could make the product less cheaper..
tax is calculated at invoice stage. At this point in time, prices will reduce only if tax reduced...
For manufacturers to reduce the prices, it will take atleast couple of quarters. Much depends on whether manufacturers are willing to pass on refunds to consumers, but i suspect our baniyas will make full profits for atleast a year before reducing any prices.

DDlow2pV0AEFZzb.jpg

Trinetra

Country flag
tax is calculated at invoice stage. At this point in time, prices will reduce only if tax reduced...
For manufacturers to reduce the prices, it will take atleast couple of quarters. Much depends on whether manufacturers are willing to pass on refunds to consumers, but i suspect our baniyas will make full profits for atleast a year before reducing any prices.

View attachment 17153
Yeah if at all the MRP(only the making price of product) without tax from manufacturer is mentioned reduced than we can see a reduced price within some months.. then baniyas also cannot rip any benefit out of it too.. and here the manufacturer competition will also increase if they dont reduce the price ASAP to stay in the market..

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I was trying to book a self driven SUV for my upcoming visit to India. Compared and bookmarked few providers. Thought to wait for GST. The Tax rate went down but the companies increased the rent.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Prices are looking more or less the same !

Willy2

Prices are looking more or less the same !
It should be...tax percentage marely goes down by 4-5%..our regular product are within 2/3 digit range ..so it's hard for us to differentiate situation...but small changes throughout large market will save plenty of money also on large orders considerable change can be seen...all opposition drama going to expose soon..

here2where

Nope. That is not legal.

Only items that are not in GST list will continue to remain taxed old style.

Anything outside that is illegal.
In a state which is being 'managed' from a Bangalore jail, what else can you expect?
Tamils are used to living on freebees. Such illegal taxes will be used to probably provide free maruti cars to the 'poor' in next election.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
wow NO tax on most of the vegetables??? and milk....
which tax will add then?
how are they going to earn?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
earlier too they were paying only octroi, agricultural income has no tax..
That was I guess restricted to only farmers not the whole sale and retailers and middle man. But I hope there something happens that these middlemen's share goes down. And that share gets to the farmer.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag

View attachment 17153
Anti profiteering law might kick in to take care of this but Indians are survivors, they will even find loopholes in very sophisticated system like GST.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Published on Jun 30, 2017
bajenge bajenge drum aur sax
bharenge bharenge sab ek tax
laagu ho gaya GST
now people show some honesty

kahan se aaye ho where r u from
Modi ne phir daala hai bomb,
fever aa gaya le lo dolo
ab toh aankhen kholo kholo