GOOD BYE DFI: Final Words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Namaste! :india2:

My dear fellow DFI-ians, as we know now that this gem of a forum is going to shut down permanently on July 10th, I think it's time that we pay our last respects to this forum. Cannot say that 10th July is the last day as from what I know, there is a possibility that it may close a lot more earlier too.

To start, most members here know me as one of the youngest members on this forum. I joined DFI in 2021 at the age of 15, it was the same year that I got my first mobile phone. I don't know what to say, I have a lot to say about my wonderful journey on this beautiful forum but if I go about writing everything down, it will probably take a lot of time. All I want to say is that DFI really is a true home for me as a netizen, this is the only forum I have ever made a number of substantial posts.

I know in the past a few members have disliked me for some reasons and we have had heated arguments about a particular matter but no matter what I am sure that at the end of the day, we enjoyed a debate and learnt a new thing or two. I learnt so much from this forum that I wanted to make a final tribute to DFI by making this thread.

I am gonna miss each and everyone of you guys because you guys have been great to have in my life even though I have never met anyone here personally. DFI was the only asylum for guys like me who couldn't make friends in the real world and I was very happy with everyone here.

It was sad to hear the news of DFI's closure and I am sure everyone who has been a regular user and viewer of this forum feels the same way as me but hey, all wonderful things must one day come to an end, but no matter what, forums will come and go, life moves on. All I can say is I enjoyed my time here, and most importantly I am happy to have met many other fellow DFI-ians here too. I came to DFI as a kid, but celebrated my 18th birthday on the forum with my guys here and I am proud to leave as an individual who is now much more aware of the world around him than most kids of my age.

I just want to say, to all folks here, good luck in life in everything you wish to do and best wishes to everyone. Regards.

IMG_20240623_115156.jpg

To end this post of the thread 🧵. Let's have one last drink:truestory: (I have never drank in real life but hey, thoda imagine karne mai kya chala jayega!).

Let's make it COUNT DFI-IANS!
20240626_003652.jpg

THANK YOU!
JAI HIND! VANDEMATRAM!
PKMKB FOREVER!
CKMKB FOREVER!
:india::yo::truestory::balleballe:

DISCLAIMER: This is my final thread on this forum. I have taken permission from one of the mods for making this thread and only after his approval was I allowed to make this thread.

Blademaster

Hey Neil

your last post is great. It sucks that new Indian laws have forced this situation upon us. I really think that the Indian authorities have gone too far. It’s a shame that we have to go the way of PFD.

But anyway, DFI was and still is an awesome place to visit. It’s one of my first websites that I visit on a daily morning basis and in the evening.

I learned so much stuff on DFI and this place has allowed me to stay connected to our motherland, India. I shall miss the online friends that I have made and I hope to stay in touch with the people that have befriended me.

Jai Hind!!! Long live the motherland!

Super Flanker

Country flag
I just wish to save some of the posts written by @Optimistic Nihilist and of course a few threads. But I requested one of the members and they are saying that they will do it, so I can always ask them to transfer the threads to me incase I need to browse ever.

Anyways, it's still difficult for me to digest that this is how it all ends, I spent my last 3 years of school while being on this forum and I am gonna cherish all the memories. Most likely I will join a new forum but will be very rarely active.

Long live DFI. :india2: :yo:

Super Flanker

Country flag
As much as I am sad that this forum is going to "cLoSe" down permanently, on the bright side, I won't have any more distractions. I spent a lot of time here when I should have been studying for my 10 + 2 (XI & XII). Hopefully now onwards when I enter college I will be able to maintain a lot of self control, gonna have to see the blue sky more, not social media.

It was fun while it lasted.
:india2:

Blood+

Country flag
Hey Neil

your last post is great. It sucks that new Indian laws have forced this situation upon us. I really think that the Indian authorities have gone too far. It’s a shame that we have to go the way of PFD.

But anyway, DFI was and still is an awesome place to visit. It’s one of my first websites that I visit on a daily morning basis and in the evening.

I learned so much stuff on DFI and this place has allowed me to stay connected to our motherland, India. I shall miss the online friends that I have made and I hope to stay in touch with the people that have befriended me.

Wait??!! What happened?? What did the govt do???!!!

SKC

Country flag

My dear fellow DFI-ians, as we know now that this gem of a forum is going to shut down permanently on July 10th, I think it's time that we pay our last respects to this forum. Cannot say that 10th July is the last day as from what I know, there is a possibility that it may close a lot more earlier too.

To start, most members here know me as one of the youngest members on this forum. I joined DFI in 2021 at the age of 15, it was the same year that I got my first mobile phone. I don't know what to say, I have a lot to say about my wonderful journey on this beautiful forum but if I go about writing everything down, it will probably take a lot of time. All I want to say is that DFI really is a true home for me as a netizen, this is the only forum I have ever made a number of substantial posts.

I know in the past a few members have disliked me for some reasons and we have had heated arguments about a particular matter but no matter what I am sure that at the end of the day, we enjoyed a debate and learnt a new thing or two. I learnt so much from this forum that I wanted to make a final tribute to DFI by making this thread.

I am gonna miss each and everyone of you guys because you guys have been great to have in my life even though I have never met anyone here personally. DFI was the only asylum for guys like me who couldn't make friends in the real world and I was very happy with everyone here.

It was sad to hear the news of DFI's closure and I am sure everyone who has been a regular user and viewer of this forum feels the same way as me but hey, all wonderful things must one day come to an end, but no matter what, forums will come and go, life moves on. All I can say is I enjoyed my time here, and most importantly I am happy to have met many other fellow DFI-ians here too. I came to DFI as a kid, but celebrated my 18th birthday on the forum with my guys here and I am proud to leave as an individual who is now much more aware of the world around him than most kids of my age.

I just want to say, to all folks here, good luck in life in everything you wish to do and best wishes to everyone. Regards.

View attachment 259252

To end this post of the thread 🧵. Let's have one last drink:truestory: (I have never drank in real life but hey, thoda imagine karne mai kya chala jayega!).

View attachment 259253

THANK YOU!
JAI HIND! VANDEMATRAM!
PKMKB FOREVER!
CKMKB FOREVER!

DISCLAIMER: This is my final thread on this forum. I have taken permission from one of the mods for making this thread and only after his approval was I allowed to make this thread.
Bhai itna bhi senti hone ki jarurat nahi hai :cool1:

Azaad

Country flag
If you were someone who knew me in real life then you would know that I am not as innocent as I may look but hey, I am still someone who will never indulge in any sort of bad practices like drinking, smoking, drugs.
Drinking smoking taking drugs bonking e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶h̶o̶l̶e̶ ̶ every other hole is what @Tactical Doge has been doing since his early teens & look how he's turned out .

Are you calling him a loose character ?

Super Flanker

Country flag
Drinking smoking taking drugs bonking e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶h̶o̶l̶e̶ ̶ every other hole is what @Tactical Doge has been doing since his early teens & look how he's turned out .

Are you calling him a loose character ?
He and I, are not the person. We all have different experiences. My father is a major alcoholic addict and drinks almost daily and causes a major ruckus, sometimes I think because of him and his alcoholic drama, I have PTSD that till today gives me nightmares. I know that if in the near future I become a dad, I will never become even 1% of what he is, I will never treat my kids that way. My mother will never forgive me if she saw her son indulging in nonsense, I don't know anything about @Tactical Doge (many may not know but because of my dad, I suffered an issue as a Christian, particularly because of a Sacrament but I don't want to talk about nor disclose it). That said, I am not going to write about my personal life anymore. DFI is ending and I am just enjoying my last moments here.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
He and I, are not the person. We all have different experiences. My father is a major alcoholic addict and drinks almost daily and causes a major ruckus, sometimes I think because of him and his alcoholic drama, I have PTSD that till today gives me nightmares. I know that if in the near future I become a dad, I will never become even 1% of what he is, I will never treat my kids that way. My mother will never forgive me if she saw her son indulging in nonsense, I don't know anything about @Tactical Doge (many may not know but because of my dad, I suffered an issue as a Christian, particularly because of a Sacrament but I don't want to talk about nor disclose it). That said, I am not going to write about my personal life anymore. DFI is ending and I am just enjoying my last moments here.
Got scared of drinking communion wine?

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

View attachment 259252

View attachment 259253

THANK YOU!
JAI HIND! VANDEMATRAM!
PKMKB FOREVER!
CKMKB FOREVER!

We need to have some platform to meet. Can we start an another Forum? If Yousuf bhai is unable to handle this, who else can handle? I can start it if I get support. What can be the investment and what sort of Support may require?

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Same thoughts, this forum and members here helped me a lot during stressful time of my life, DFI is a big chapter of our lives.

Here I learnt a lot, it has become an encyclopaedia and repository of knowledge.

It's really disheartening to see it being closed.

However, my best wishes to the owner , mods and administrators of the site. I Hope you guys do well in your life. And for the members, don't lose hope guys, be patient and keep learning.

Hey Neil

Don't worry I'll talk to PM Modi ji myself. :devil::troll:

Super Flanker

Country flag
Nameste to everyone!

NOTE: This is now going to be my final post on this forum and it's good to say my final words before my departure from this site.

Dear DFI-ians!
  • It's been an honour to be a member of such an amazing community that is DFI and I can't express how much I am going to miss this forum, and of course I am going to miss you all too.
  • Before I came to DFI, I am ashamed to say this but I was one of those Indians who believed anything written by western media about India.
  • When BBC made documentaries about Rapes in India, I believed it in the name of the white man's words and for a long time I was actually ashamed that I was an Indian, was even called a rapist because of my nationality by several foreigners and even a few NRIs.
  • Now I know what is the truth and the next time a Brit calls me a rapist I can reply to him "it is UK, US and west that are the rape capitals of the world and have more under-reporting there".
  • And this applies to every anti Indian narrative. I hope one day all the knowledge I acquired here will allow me a chance to speak on the world stage because I sure would want to.
  • And there you have it, I can say that I learnt more here about Indian history, Indian politics, World Politics and geopolitics, science, defence, current affairs and much more than I ever did in my combined years of schooling.
  • Now because of DFI, no one in school can beat me at a defence quiz or say "Guess the Weapon, guess the fighter jet quiz"!
Literally while writing this and going through this thread, I am listening to Rihanna's Shine bright like a diamond and oh boy, I actually am shedding a few years, damn.🥲

This song:

So this is it Guys!
Thank you! Good bye
अलविदा! Пока! Sayanora!
My last post on DFI.
:india2:

This is @Super Flanker signing off.
JAI HIND! VANDEMATRAM!
d1qp1r5-5fc40e85-e552-4327-9e42-7e029ddb99cf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.