Farnborough 2010 - Pics and Videos Discussions

bhramos

Country flag
Indian Delegation With The Gripen NG Demo At Farnborough 2010

The photograph shows Gripen India Campaign Director, Eddy de la Motte (2nd from left), Swedish Air Force Chief Gen Anders Silwer (3rd from left), Indian Minister of State for Defence Mr. M M Pallam Raju (4th from left), Brazilian Air Forces Chief Gen Juniti Saito (5th from left) and Secretary Defence Production Mr. R K Singh (6th from left) by the Gripen NG Demonstrator at Farnborough Air Show. Also seen is Air Marshal Sumit Mukerji, AOC-in-C, Southern Air Command (7th from left).

http://livefist.blogspot.com/2010/07/photo-indian-delegation-with-gripen-ng.html

Zaki

Country flag
These two pictures can be a surprise for some peoples here!

Zaki

Country flag
These are few pictures of JF-17s that i took from my camera. Hopefully will share more afterwards (including other machines)

vikramrana_1812

Country flag
These are few pictures of JF-17s that i took from my camera. Hopefully will share more afterwards (including other machines)

These Jf17's doesnt look impressive. They are more of a early 4th generation type planes......our Mirages and Mig 29's will make them scream for life..............Very dissappointing aircraft it is....so weak.

Mustang

Why MKI? MKI is not Indian, so for what IAF will fly MKIs at air shows which are meant for showing technological prowess and earning orders not for showing military power gained from imported stuff? Anyway IAF flies MKIs at aero-India but for what is something beyond my understanding. May be, we want world see how much technological contribution India has made into MKI project as well as how capable HAL is when it comes to assembling jets as complex as MKIs.
IAF flies MKI during aero-india to probably to show IAF as good career option for many indians. And MKI looks awesome and people will be very impressed just by looking at it.

Welcome

Country flag
why Indian LCA Tejas not participated in Farnborough 2010....at least our LCA is a one of the best aircraft in the world.....

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Nice one Rahul Sing hahhahahhahahhaah

Last edited:

bhramos

Country flag
Hi Guys and Gals, I got a Doubt!
Why Did PAF Bring JF-17 to Airshow just to show or sell it!!!
Showoff means no problem, But for Selling, How many Did They Sell!!!

Mustang

Hi Guys and Gals, I got a Doubt!
Why Did PAF Bring JF-17 to Airshow just to show or sell it!!!
Showoff means no problem, But for Selling, How many Did They Sell!!!

They brought it to show and also to sell it. With that price tag Jf-17 should be a good proposition to buy for many countries.

The only things which might come in the way must be not upto the mark avionics and the MIG Corporation (I wouldn't say Russia) as it might hurt the sales of Mig 29. I think recently MIG protested or even lobbied not to allow re-sale of RD93 engines from China / Pakistan to other countries.

bhramos

Country flag
They brought it to show and also to sell it. With that price tag Jf-17 should be a good proposition to buy for many countries.

The only things which might come in the way must be not upto the mark avionics and the MIG Corporation (I wouldn't say Russia) as it might hurt the sales of Mig 29. I think recently MIG protested or even lobbied not to allow re-sale of RD93 engines from China / Pakistan to other countries.
do you know that the Jf-17 already got Thumbs down when it to face the Tender opposite to MiG-29D in Myanmar Airforce. they rejected JF-17 as unsuitable for Their airforce!

Mustang

do you know that the Jf-17 already got Thumbs down when it to face the Tender opposite to MiG-29D in Myanmar Airforce. they rejected JF-17 as unsuitable for Their airforce!

Is it?..I didnt know this and could you provide me a link for this news?

I dont have to say to the people in this forum that MIG29 is way better than JF17, be it in terms of payload, maneuvarability, range, avionics etc but not in terms of cost. So MIG29 should beat JF17 easily. What I am trying to say is that if cost is a factor, then some countries might opt of JF17.

However I must also add that the chinese themselves might have influenced that burmese government not opt for JF17 and might have promoted J-10 instead.

For chinese, JF17 just means business. A business where they take money from pakistan, and use that money to bring in their engineers to design and in the process learn more about aircraft design and then sell the plane again to pakistan.

The chinese would have just given the knowhow as to how to assemble or manufacture some components of the aircraft. I think they wont give the knowhow behind DSI, avionics, aerodynamics etc.

But then again, pakistan will atleast manufacture something within their country and save cost. If there was no JF17, pakistan would have just imported some other aircraft with very small local content.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
why Indian LCA Tejas not participated in Farnborough 2010....at least our LCA is a one of the best aircraft in the world.....
LCA did not participated because it is due to get IOC also and most important reason is no spare aircraft and supported team available to send LCA to UK. LCA and its Team is too busy is getting testing done rather than caring things of low importance like demonstration at foreign air shows.

Yes LCA is best in L-MRCA class and nothing comes close. That said LCA was not build for export in mind till now least importance is given to that but that doesn't mean it will not be exported.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles