EV Recommendation Thread

THESIS THORON

Country flag
this (below) tech hasnt been developed.
so its safe to say that it will come by 2027-30 time pd (large scale manufacturing)

solid power
1673633414079.png

it has energy density of 560wh/kg
assuming 90 percent efficiency of the motors - 504wh/kg

gasoline have energy density of 12200 wh/kg
assuming 30% eff of engine - 3660 wh/kg

the diff is clearly visible.
in military applications weight range, durability is very important, even more in mountainous regions.

Last edited:

Blademaster

You obviously didn't even get the metaphor! I did not use any bold lettering initially. But you looking at bold lettering now and imputing the blame on me is annoying.
Also, this is a meaningless conversation....irrespective of how good it makes you feel about yourself.

Guys this is a millennial talking. Take it easy on the millennial.

Blademaster

this (below) tech hasnt been developed.
so its safe to say that it will come by 2027-30 time pd (large scale manufacturing)

solid power
View attachment 189477

it has energy density of 560wh/kg
assuming 90 percent efficiency of the motors - 504wh/kg

gasoline have energy density of 12200 wh/kg
assuming 30% eff of engine - 3660 wh/kg

the diff is clearly visible.
in military applications weight range, durability is very important, even more in mountainous regions.
And not to mention the overall weight of the vehicle. Heck IA made a big deal about the weight difference of arty guns.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
This level of ignorance/misinformation is so pathetic!
EVs weight slightly more but have incredibly high TORQUE!
So, EVs can propel themselves faster and higher than ICE vehicles can!
Again, you folks completely ignored the primary purpose Army is interested in EVs (not that you paid attention to other scientific/logical points anyways).....EVs provide high-torque, high-speed and high-stealth....perfect for scouts and special ops!
Not to mention lower centre of gravity.

Gyyan

Country flag
You obviously didn't even get the metaphor! I did not use any bold lettering initially. But you looking at bold lettering now and imputing the blame on me is annoying.
Also, this is a meaningless conversation....irrespective of how good it makes you feel about yourself.
My bad my guy....I wasnt much into the conversation anyway but when you said that they are ganging up on you I looked up and saw the use of upper case and other stuff that is direct calling out...and yes the conversation is meaningless and it is only safe to do so in chit chat thread.
And no it doesn't make me feel good about myself.
Look let me tell you this way party A was saying plane only has 2D tvc and you disagreed with it.
You should have said that no the plane has 3D tvc and stated the reason you thought of.
But your response was along thr lines that party A is a bullshitter and then you told your view which was unnecessary and thus warranted any hostile response you got and so I told you to calm down.
In fact as far as I can see the only thing I did wrong was I suggested that you don't use upper case as it may have induced the hostile response.
But if it is as you say and you only did it later it was my fault.
As much as you may think you are right a little bit of introspection doesn't hurt does it.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Once again you exaggerate and embellish to make your point.
I said 'EVs failing at high altitude' is BS.....I didn't say the guy is a 'bullshitter'.
Pointing out something egregious (especially something that unfairly disqualifies a range of things) as BS is normal.
Let's end this convo
Koi ev chalai hai india meh?

AK047

Country flag
Can anyone recommend ev scooter
Budget 1 lakh
Top speed at least 60kph
Removable battery is must
You can look at Ola S1 air 3wh at 99,999 or S1 air 4wh at 110,000 before state subsidy. Both with excellent range. Only reasonable options considering the rest are Chinese rebadged unsafe scooters below 1 lakh. However deliveries will start from July.

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
You can look at Ola S1 air 3wh at 99,999 or S1 air 4wh at 110,000 before state subsidy. Both with excellent range. Only reasonable options considering the rest are Chinese rebadged unsafe scooters below 1 lakh. However deliveries will start from July.
Was gonna buy ola but due to non removable battery it's not possible to charge it in an apartment

AK047

Country flag
I hope these charming folks aren't claiming subsidies under FAME.
Before 2022 most of these scooters brands like hero electric, okinawa, ampere, pure ev were rebadged just like indian smartphone brands in 2014. But fortunately GOI found out their shenanigans and cancelled their subsidy. But good news is that genuine brands like Ola, Ather, IQube dominate the market now.

Last edited:

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Before 2022 most of these sooters brands like hero electric, okinawa, ampere, pure ev were rebadged just like indian smartphone brands in 2014. But fortunately GOI found out their shenanigans and cancelled their subsidy. But good news is that genuine brands like Ola, Ather, IQube dominate the market now.
The problem with chinese rebranded scooters are that no mechanic knows how to fix them while the ola and ather provide real service as they are in house product

AK047

Country flag
"Hero motocorp vida" it's not hero electric product right?
Yes hero electric and Hero motocorp are two different brands but belonging to same Munjal family. After a family brand split one party got the ICE hero motocorp brand while the other received the hero electric brand under the condition that one other can't use the others brand name. So Hero motocorp has launched under Vida electric brand name which also has technologies from Ather brand as Hero motocorp owns a portion of Ather.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles