DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
DRDO is developing a manpad as a variant of nag missile. That is why Israeli order was postponed.
Its mpatgm........
For tanks ..also can hit low flying helis.....

Not a manpad .
A manpad like igla can fire upto 6 km ... altitude 2.5 km...can hit fighter jets too....which mpatgm can't

IndianHawk

Country flag
Its mpatgm........

Not a manpad .
A manpad like igla can fire upto 6 km ... altitude 2.5 km...can hit fighter jets too....which mpatgm can't
Oops sorry. I just read man... and replied in hurry.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Its mpatgm........

Not a manpad .
Reading more it seems France uses mistral in the role and USA jevelin. So on the same lines between nag , helina and sants DRDO has all the material to develop manpads if sanctioned.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag

IndianHawk

Country flag
How will they weaponise Rustom when the said weapons are not ready for LCH even..
They might be doing modification required to carry weapons. Hard point strengthening etc?

Frankly I don't know. I'm just glad to hear that army wants 80 of them and there is talk of weaponisation which was previously denied.

I posted here so someone can fish more info

@porky_kicker

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
They might be doing modification required to carry weapons. Hard point strengthening etc?

Frankly I don't know. I'm just glad to hear that army wants 80 of them and there is talk of weaponisation which was previously denied.

I posted here so someone can fish more info

@porky_kicker
Also other people confirmed weaponisation of rustom
And rustom is cheap than that of isarel drones
And helina is in user trial....so

porky_kicker

Country flag
Guys has IAF received Heron(armed) drone which it ordered. 2 months ago I saw a drone flying over my house. It looked much bigger than Searcher drone. Can I post the pics?
Yes , use spoiler tag and don't name it explicitly

I also know the type which was being tested in a very isolated region since quite some time back

Articles