DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
there is one more factor other than govt patronage, it's the consumption rate. these are instruments of war, only wars can ensure consumption of these goods. India doesn't have a offensive doctrine, so India has to wait for the adversaries to attack for the instruments of war to be consumed.

for now, GoI is plugging the legacy capability and capacity gaps. the pace will be on par with the current demand, and not at the same heightened pace as murican MIC during cold war. expectations need to be managed accordingly.

this is not to say, the current exercise will go to waste, by the end of it only the companies who are in it for the long term will remain and others will fade away.

AnantS

Country flag
That's coz Archer is fully automatic. Real plug & play stuff which MGS isn't.
Even some of the automated stuff in ours is slow based on old Bofors loading mechanism. One step at a time. Let MGS go into production. They can devise improved MGS with better rate of fire later.

Azaad

Country flag
Even some of the automated stuff in ours is slow based on old Bofors loading mechanism. One step at a time. Let MGS go into production. They can devise improved MGS with better rate of fire later.
Apparently our self loading system is semi automatic. The charges are to be loaded manually whereas in the Archer the entire system can be controlled within the armoured cabin by the commander without stepping outside. I doubt the present iteration of the MGS lends itself to this kind of automation.

AnantS

Country flag
Apparently our self loading system is semi automatic. The charges are to be loaded manually whereas in the Archer the entire system can be controlled within the armoured cabin by the commander without stepping outside. I doubt the present iteration of the MGS lends itself to this kind of automation.
even the shell loading though automated is slow. I believe magazine capacity is 3 for MGS just like ATAGS

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Ya'll nibbiar's What is this ? MAWS
But they said only 4 sensors have been fitted on su30 that too on frontal side..
If anybody knows where are they retro fitted do inform.
Screenshot_2024-02-27-23-54-21-96_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

slayingheaven

Country flag
The Swedish archer and Rheinmetall Fully automated 155mm are nearing 40 ton weight. I heard ours is just 30 tons. I read somewhere that the bridges are limited to 40 ton in weight. I think the extra weight is not worth the effort in high altitude.

Azaad

Country flag
The Swedish archer and Rheinmetall Fully automated 155mm are nearing 40 ton weight. I heard ours is just 30 tons. I read somewhere that the bridges are limited to 40 ton in weight. I think the extra weight is not worth the effort in high altitude.
Yes but who says we're procuring the Archer. We were discussing the level of automation.