DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

raju1982

Country flag

Confirmation drdo is working on stealth HALE project

P.S- can anyone make out the other two?

Electromagnetic something

And laser weapon?
EM propulsion... i think they meant launcher for UCAV, UAV, aircraft etc. But all three photos are for representations only.

Drdo created a dedicated lab CHESS for laser and MW weapons few years back. They are working on new laser weapons. Few short range ones already operational.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
EM propulsion... i think they meant launcher for UCAV, UAV, aircraft etc. But all three photos are for representations only.

Drdo created a dedicated lab CHESS for laser and MW weapons few years back. They are working on new laser weapons. Few short range ones already operational.
Yea Image's are AI for representation only EM population I think DRDO,ISRO and HAL are working on them.

Azaad

Country flag

Confirmation drdo is working on stealth HALE project

P.S- can anyone make out the other two?

Electromagnetic something

And laser weapon?
Isn't the stealth HALE, the UCAV - Ghatak?

The rest are futuristic programs with a long gestation period. Just for perspective, I first read about Hypersonic vehicles & missiles from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam quoted speaking in a seminar by newspapers in the late 90's who declared then that these projects having been initiated ( I presume the studies of it) would come to fruition in 2 decades.

It'll more than 25 years since & here we are.

karn

Country flag

The rest are futuristic programs with a long gestation period. Just for perspective, I first read about Hypersonic vehicles & missiles from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam quoted speaking in a seminar by newspapers in the late 90's who declared then that these projects having been initiated ( I presume the studies of it) would come to fruition in 2 decades.

Scramjet engines have already flown .

karn

Country flag
Yes , we know you're a pedant. Thanks for the confirmation.
Nothing pedantic about pointing out that actual scramjet hypersonic test vehicles have already flown. You post gives the impression that nothing has happened. But your point is something else entirely .. nevermind.

Azaad

Country flag
Nothing pedantic about pointing out that actual scramjet hypersonic test vehicles have already flown. You post gives the impression that nothing has happened. But your point is something else entirely .. nevermind.
My post conveys exactly what it needs to without being granular. We were supposed to have those Hypersonic vehicles & CM by now. Yet here we are nearly 5-10 yrs away from it.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

No ghatak would probably be a stealth stiker drone not a longer endurance one. And there was talks of them working on (studies) of Avenger like drone anyway with HAL someone from IAF or navy I think gave interview to idrw and they also said stealth HALE with HAL is the plan but let's see what's the plan nothing until aero India probably.