DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Photon

Country flag
Launching is fine, how will it find the target. On board system can't have the tracking range of a Ballistic missile
I suspected that we have secret hydrophone arrays in Indian ocean, because an old DRDO news cutting in my home from a malayalam daily in 2012 claims DRDO NSTL working on some underwater hydrophone arrays to counter chinease!!!

indiatester

Country flag
Last edited:

thebakofbakchod

this chink company showed off something similar to SMART a few years back (similar concept)

does anyone know if anything came of it? Also the US had such tech in the 60s. I wonder why they didnt proceed further with them

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
this chink company showed off something similar to SMART a few years back (similar concept)

does anyone know if anything came of it? Also the US had such tech in the 60s. I wonder why they didnt proceed further with them
Because US doesn't even need this kind of tech anymore. This kind of tech is good when the US mainland is in denger and they don't have many airborne anti submarine platform but fortunately for them this is not the case as they have hundreds of P3, P8s and not to mention drones. Also underwater surveillance has improved a lot since the 60s as now we can deploy underwater sensor in a short time with a little maintenance. I don't know how big our underwater surveillance networks are but honestly speaking, i don't have much trust in this perticular weapon system. This is strictly my personal opinion btw

Articles