DFI Meet, Raleigh, North Carolina, 2012

pmaitra

DFI Meet, Raleigh, North Carolina, 2012

Hello All,

I had some spare time. I though, "why not meet someone from DFI who lives close by?" So Mr. Ewald and I drove to Raleigh this morning and met. It was an informal meet.

Next time I go to New York City, I will make it a point to meet LethalForce and TrackWhack.

Few months back I traveled to Atlanta, but my schedule was very tight and meeting JayATL was not possible.

UTubeKhiladi lives in Texas. If I happen to go there, I'll try to meet him as well.

[HR][/HR]
The following post contains some images that we took at Raleigh. We did take a picture together, but I will refrain from posting it, for the sake of internet anonymity.

:thumb:

pmaitra

Pictures from Raleigh, of the North Carolina State Capitol

Henry Lawson Wyatt, the first Confederate soldier from North Carolina to fall in the Civil War.

Obelisk dedicated to the men and women from North Carolina who served in America's wars.

A 3-pounder gun. The statue behind the 3-pounder gun, is placed in honor of Worth Bagley, the first casualty of the Spanish-American War. He was an ensign in the US navy.

North Carolina State Capitol behind a statue of George Washington.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The following post contains some images that we took at Raleigh. We did take a picture together, but I will refrain from posting it, for the sake of internet anonymity.
Well, maybe. Perhaps pmaitra did not want to post my image out of respect for the sensibilities of DFI members.:)

W.G.Ewald

Professional
The first photo is a statue to the memory of the first Confederate soldier from North Carolina to fall in the Civil War.

The statue in the 3rd photo, behind the 3-pounder gun, is placed in to the first casualty of the Spanish-American War. He was an ensign in the US navy.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
cool...

How about members of Delhi also meet? or that they like running fingers in ShoutBox only? :confused:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Pamitra will go , drink a pint alone and go back to home.

C'mon who in his right mind stays in Raleigh...:troll:

Edit: Looks like Ewald lives close by...

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Erratum

The statue in the 3rd photo, behind the 3-pounder gun, is placed in honor of the first casualty of the Spanish-American War.
We should go back to longer time for edits.:)

pmaitra

Thanks for all the information Mr. Ewald. I have added them to my post.

Also, do you happen to know the name of the person who died in the Spanish-American War? Was it William Randolph Hearst?

Edit: Never mind. It is Worth Bagley.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Thanks for all the information Mr. Ewald. I have added them to my post.

Also, do you happen to know the name of the person who died in the Spanish-American War? Was it William Randolph Hearst?

Edit: Never mind. It is Worth Bagley.
Some say William Randolph Hearst created the Spanish-American War!

William Randolph Hearst - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As Martin Lee and Norman Solomon noted in their 1990 book Unreliable Sources, Hearst "routinely invented sensational stories, faked interviews, ran phony pictures and distorted real events." This approach came to be known as yellow journalism...
Hearst's use of yellow journalism techniques in his New York Journal to whip up popular support for U.S. military adventurism in Cuba, Puerto Rico and the Philippines in 1898 was also criticized in Upton Sinclair's 1919 book, The Brass Check: A Study of American Journalism. According to Sinclair, Hearst's newspaper employees were "willing by deliberate and shameful lies, made out of whole cloth, to stir nations to enmity and drive them to murderous war."

mki

hey

anyone from New Zealand, on DFI?

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Obelisk dedicated to the men and women from North Carolina who served in America's wars.
I thought she was holding a tobacco leaf. :)

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Pamitra will go , drink a pint alone and go back to home.

C'mon who in his right mind stays in Raleigh...:troll:

Edit: Looks like Ewald lives close by...
North Carolina does have more attractions on the coast and in the mountains than in the Piedmont.

It takes about 45 minutes to get from Apex to Raleigh.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles