DFI - AV/Hi-Fi & Allied Gear Discussion Thread

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Unless you are really looking at mobility, gaming laptops are a very bad idea. I have owned an Alienware and currently using an MSI.

I'd say it's best to invest in a desktop with good hardware. I move around a lot so I use laptops. I do not have a choice. Laptops get really hot while running games. You can't use gaming laptops outside because they are usually very heavy and get very hot. They are really bad gaming machines and bad in terms of usage on the go too.

Unless you really need it, just get a good desktop. 120Hz laptops are insanely expensive and you can get a desktop that performs atleast 50% better for half the price.
Thanks for the suggestion, So how's the MSI, is it worth of price

well I too travel a lot, that's the reason why I've to invest in a Laptop,

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
What do you guys think and know about AMD Ryzen series cpus and upcoming apus?

Krusty

Country flag
Someone with a <20k rupee graphics card is not a league gamer. We are all Gharelu gamers here.

I went from a Dell Laptop with 5XXX series 512MB Graphics card (VA Panel/ 720p/ 65% color gamut) to a Dell Ultrasharp U2414h (H-IPS/ 1080p) with 89% color gamut, with a 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics card. The change was very drastic. Ghosting noticeably visible (the card was giving 60fps, so it was not card lag) but all of that was overridden by how beautiful everything looked.

The first game I installed was farcry 3. The colors just pop like firecrackers. It felt very immersive.

@SajeevJino 120hz laptop? The cheapest one starts at 2L. Not worth the price. VR is a hype. There are no VR games or good VR/3D content anyway.
Lol yes. It's mostly marketing to get us to spend more of our hard earned cash. Most computers do not need VR/UHD/4K and yet they make them anyway because deep down, I think people look for bragging rights. As much as we can get for each buck spent.

But if you switch from any laptop to any decent desktop monitor, you will certainly see the difference. Personally, I love a good desktop. But I can't get one anytime soon. I'm sick of playing on my laptop with its tiny screen and stupid keyboard, but I do not have any option.

mendosa

I dropped my VR dream just few hours ago :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Well 3D too sucks on Laptop ...

what you guys think about those latest MSI laptops comes with intel 7700 HQ and GTX 10 series card
I don't like gaming on a laptop. The screen size, crouching sitting position, the heat, fan noise, it feels like someone has given us a punishment to play the game.

Build a good desktop, put the money into a good 30k monitor. Get one of those Korean IPS. They have 4ms lag which is half of what Dell has.

@Krusty check out this gem : https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01HPDAF68/

27-inch 2560x1440 144Hz
IPS screen with the response time of a TN panel. Costs 700$.

@aditya10r Check this 42 inch gaming monitor, AH-IPS. 4K.

https://www.amazon.com/WASABI-MANGO-UHD420-Real-HDMI/dp/B00YA5IZS0

Krusty

Country flag
Thanks for the suggestion, So how's the MSI, is it worth of price

well I too travel a lot, that's the reason why I've to invest in a Laptop,
MSI is for those on a Budget. They are cheap (compared to those from Alienware and Razor gaming) but personally I Find MSI to be of lower build quality. If you don't mind it, go for it. It's a great buy for the price. But make sure you try the model out because different models have different cooling rates. Hardware wise, apart from the heat, I've been using it for over two years and everything runs fine without issues. Good piece of kit.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Well I've no other option, So I would have to choose a MSI only, since I love gaming and I'm always out from my home.

I've a assembled my PC which I was done in 2010, have a Intel Core 2 Due 2.80 Ghz, Intel DG35EC board and a 2500 rupees poor 512 MB graphics card, well its still running, only one time replace my PSU. well that PC bear all my frustration and anger, yet still working ... its more than a year since I touch my PC ..well I'm far away from my home

I would Love for a assembled PC only, But the situation I need a better Laptop only, that MSI attracts me damn too much

Krusty

Country flag
What do you guys think and know about AMD Ryzen series cpus and upcoming apus?
I have never used an intel chip in my life except my last two laptops. Had changed 4PCs all with AMD chips. Big time AMD supporter but never used these :-/

Everyone says AMD underperforms and heats up. That's not really true from what I have experienced

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
MSI is for those on a Budget. They are cheap (compared to those from Alienware and Razor gaming) but personally I Find MSI to be of lower build quality. If you don't mind it, go for it. It's a great buy for the price. But make sure you try the model out because different models have different cooling rates. Hardware wise, apart from the heat, I've been using it for over two years and everything runs fine without issues. Good piece of kit.
Thanks... I too find few reviews, almost most of them favor on MSI

anyhow by this discussion you guys saved me more than 30000, otherwise I would be trapped on their damn 3D,VR and other costly fancy advertisement

A chauhan

Country flag
I have never used an intel chip in my life except my last two laptops. Had changed 4PCs all with AMD chips. Big time AMD supporter but never used these :-/

Everyone says AMD underperforms and heats up. That's not really true from what I have experienced
Looking at the benchmarks Ryzen is appearing as a smart choice to me.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

I love those Intel Board and Intel CPU...they are tough as hell, I give only 15 min rest in every 24 hours...It will run all over the night for downloads ( movies and stuffs)

Here is my office they have Variety of broads...all shows problems if continuously used , be it BIOS, Disk error, Graphics issue, Blue screen etc etc,

I always love the Intel combo

Krusty

Country flag
I love those Intel Board and Intel CPU...they are tough as hell, I give only 15 min rest in every 24 hours...It will run all over the night for downloads ( movies and stuffs)

Here is my office they have Variety of broads...all shows problems if continuously used , be it BIOS, Disk error, Graphics issue, Blue screen etc etc,

I have used AMD K2, K3, Athlon Fx and one more X2. I never faced any of these issues.

I was particularly in love with the Athlon Fx which costed about 40-50% of the P4 while delivering 90+% of its performance

The problem with AMD is that since the processors are cheap people also buy them usually with a dirt cheap motherboard and end up frying the processor.

A chauhan

Country flag

I also bought a budget intel i3 6100 6th gen for my home pc in december after seeing its reviews on many sites and suggestions by @aditya10r and happy with it. But I always wanted to get an AMD system. I didn't have much time to wait for Ryzen so went for intel. Now with Ryzen it has come very close to intel's level.

BTW what should be an ideal upgrade for i3 6100 within 18k ?

Last edited:

An Angry Potato

Mind if jump in folks?

I also bought a budget intel i3 6100 6th gen for my home pc in december after seeing its reviews on many sites and suggestions by @aditya10r and happy with it. But I always wanted to get an AMD system. I didn't have much time to wait for Ryzen so went for intel. Now with Ryzen it has come very close to intel's level.

BTW what should be an ideal upgrade for i3 6100 within 18k ?
Theres always the i5 7600
http://www.amazon.in/Intel-Core-processor-socket-3-5Ghz/dp/B01LTI1JDS?_encoding=UTF8&keywords=processor&qid=1498781492&ref_=sr_1_3&s=computers&sr=1-3

Krusty

Country flag
@SajeevJino

I just got a feel of my friends Asus ROG today. I should say it's great too. Have a look at ROG series before you decide to put your money down...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles