Design and Develop in India

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I've always longed for Indian social media sites, web clouds and browsers like US, Russia, China & EU.

An Indian search engine similar to Google (US), Yandex (Russia), BaiDu (China).
And an app (gopida from India was much like Facebook, now closed) akin to Facebook (US), RenRen (China) or a similar Twitter (US) & Weibo (China).

Search engine is most complex of all of above. A couple of Indian engines like khoj had very limited clouds and rest of them used Google as engine itself.

Finally, I came across a new one that had a large cloud with wide range of search results competing with giants like Google and BaiDu and probably used its own cloud base.

It would be India's own Google!
http://www.lacherry.in/2019/09/13/indias-first-search-engine-sharan-io/

I have been using it instead of Google entire day very comfortably until it went down an hour ago.:(
https://www.sharan.io/

@ezsasa @Haldiram

Haldiram

Country flag
I've always longed for Indian social media sites, web clouds and browsers like US, Russia, China & EU.

An Indian search engine similar to Google (US), Yandex (Russia), BaiDu (China).
And an app (gopida from India was much like Facebook, now closed) akin to Facebook (US), RenRen (China) or a similar Twitter (US) & Weibo (China).

Search engine is most complex of all of above. A couple of Indian engines like khoj had very limited clouds and rest of them used Google as engine itself.

Finally, I came across a new one that had a large cloud with wide range of search results competing with giants like Google and BaiDu and probably used its own cloud base.

It would be India's own Google!
http://www.lacherry.in/2019/09/13/indias-first-search-engine-sharan-io/

I have been using it instead of Google entire day very comfortably until it went down an hour ago.:(
https://www.sharan.io/

@ezsasa @Haldiram
Duckduckgo is a good alternative to Google. Indians will only move away from Google if there is some restriction on Google (even for a short time outage). Even Europe is penalizing Google for creating a monopoly and filtering out domestic businesses from its listing. India should do something like that.

No one could believe that Facebook could ever become obsolete but most people I know have given up on Facebook like Orkut. Google ka bhi number aayega. If search engine is a long shot, at least we should have an Indian e-mail service as an alternative to Gmail so that Google doesn't get our private conversations and our IB can keep an eye on trouble makers.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Duckduckgo is a good alternative to Google.
It isn't Indian either.
If search engine is a long shot, at least we should have an Indian e-mail service as an alternative to Gmail so that Google doesn't get our private conversations and our IB can keep an eye on trouble makers.
Making that won't be a challenging task either. I don't think even making a search engine is challenging to a country like India with such a pool of IT companies, supercomputers and large remote sensing satellite fleet (quality may not be that good).

But again, these sites are a big asset of US. Blocked and indigenous counterparts deployed by countries only which are openly hostile to US.

Haldiram

Country flag
It isn't Indian either.

Making that won't be a challenging task either. I don't think even making a search engine is challenging to a country like India with such a pool of IT companies, supercomputers and large remote sensing satellite fleet (quality may not be that good).

But again, these sites are a big asset of US. Blocked and indigenous counterparts deployed by countries only which are openly hostile to US.
The crawler bot algorithm is available open source :D

Even ecommerce clones are freely available. But that ain't mean that everyone can start their own Amazon even if they can afford the hardware. Adoption of a new app is one uphill task. It's not the hardware or software that is the bottleneck. Snapdeal kabse try kar raha hai. Ain't em becoming the next Amazon anytime soon.

Direct in-app searches will eat into Google's market share though. Instead of Googling for product reviews and buying it off the Google ad bar, people can search directly on PayTm store etc, that will cut down on Google's hot leads. In the end, the ecommerce apps will monopolize all the paying customers and Google search will be left only with school kids and PhD research students looking for free content. They are losing their commercial USP i.e paid listings via Adwords. Brands who used to use Adwords for their reach will shift their advert budget to ecommerce store partnerships and sales.

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
The crawler bot algorithm is available open source :D

Even ecommerce clones are freely available. But that ain't mean that everyone can start their own Amazon even if they can afford the hardware to scale it up. Adoption of a new app is one uphill task. It's not the hardware or software that is the bottleneck. Snapdeal kabse try kar raha hai. Ain't em becoming the next Amazon anytime soon.
Those don't govern the country. Blocking every foreign site and introducing an indigenous one will for sure create a medium scale company within India at least.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
U have to tackle the Alphabet before u tackle Google.
Google is just a Block in the Building.

Googles market domination is due to its versatile service sector.

It has Search Engine, Browser Email Service, Video hosting, Adsense , etc.

Gmail can be countered immediately if the Indian Gov ties up with and Indigenous Email provider and makes it mandatory for all Indian offices to Communicate through it.
We can give a excuse that since Gmail is a foreign Entity, we need Indian alternative for better transparency.
It doesn't have to be a PSU because they can't perform for shit specially in a IT sector.
Gmail will be annihilated in one sweep.

Paytm is already giving Google a Competition but the Company has shown Bania mentality sometimes so it may end up getting punked by Google pay.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Gmail can be countered immediately if the Indian Gov ties up with and Indigenous Email provider and makes it mandatory for all Indian offices to Communicate through it.
We can give a excuse that since Gmail is a foreign Entity, we need Indian alternative for better transparency.
We are already in process of doing same for WhatsApp.
https://www.thenewsminute.com/artic...s-own-secure-messaging-app-gims-report-114229
Paytm is already giving Google a Competition but the Company has shown Bania mentality sometimes so it may end up getting punked by Google pay.
PayTM has been purchased by Chinese. Use PhonePe and BHIM, they too are having good penetration within Indian public too.
Indian UPI has expanded to Bhutan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Indians in UAE & KSA as well.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
PayTM has been purchased by Chinese
Maximum Share owned by Chinese yes and soft banks as well which are mostly outsiders.
It could have still been good if the server were loacted in India but the servers are loacted in Sinagpore which is also owned by Amazon.

Until the Data centres are hosted in India, they will always be vulnerable.

Also More and more data will be hosted in India as our Semiconductor and Electronics Industy grows.

We alredy have the Talent Pool the IT work culture just need the Semiconductors industry and Consistent Support from Govemenet.
This Government needs to be more proactive when it comed to developing key Technology sectors like aerospace, Defence, Semiconductor, Biotechnology, Agro Tech and Precision tooling technology.
Rest of the Industy will grown by proxy.

f3243007008

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I have closely looked at our potential competitors who can match us in areas requiring high intellect. US and Europe has different culture so better to write them off. Middle east is a genetically garbage coupled with islam. They can not do anything except violence. Japan has culture but they have weaknesses of their own. They will progress upto some extent only and then remained confined to that level only. Africa can not progress.

I see potential in some countries like indonesia and iran only but Iran is once again the victim of poor human right. I see only India progressing well in coming days and to some extent Indonesia.

You have missed China I think .

f3243007008

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Chinese can develop upto school. They can not shine in higher education. They have this limitation. So China doesn't count.
So that's why number of Chinese Top 500 company surpass USA for the first time in 2019.

f3243007008

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
That was a case with Japan couple of Decades ago. It is shrinking now. When Chinese Downfall will start, It will be no where in Picture.
Most important is right now , not past , not future.

So you admit right now , China have the best talent?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Most important is right now , not past , not future.
Future is more important, the desired product. Past is the guidebook to learn & speculate and present is the material to be forged into desired future.

Ignoring implications doesn't help. Fortunately, Chinese administration is more intelligent than you in this regard.
So you admit right now , China have the best talent?
Biggest pool of skilled talent for sure.

"Best" is limited to world's richest countries those aren't big enough to make a difference.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles