Coup d'état in Turkey?

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I am condemning this adharma.

It is relevant to topic. @Sakal Gharelu Ustad just playing Guru here. I am so lucky to be born among you. We are such a good people.

What Turkey is doing to its young people is just cruel. No Indian will think like that. Even our famous rakshasha are angels compared to this turkey government scum.
I am no guru. I prefer to be on the material plain and do my dharma if possible. That's all.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Those who are on firmly on path of advaita/nirvana, dont cry on forums, but go out and help without fearing their own life.
Is your heart so dried up that you find my crying something pussy?
I absolutely condemn this adharma.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
I am no guru. I prefer to be on the material plain and do my dharma if possible. That's all.
This incident will be destroy all those petrol empires.

Ever wonder why civilization after civilization dissolved into mother earth but our Hindu dharma is still alive?
Never take it for granted.
Dharma will protect you as long as you protect it. But once you cross the line, dharma will punish you.

That punishment will be complete.

Ask Indian brahmins why they are left in such a pathetic state.
Dharma is cruel thing. It won't forgive.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
This incident will be destroy all those petrol empires.

Ever wonder why civilization after civilization dissolved into mother earth but our Hindu dharma is still alive?
Never take it for granted.
Dharma will protect you as long as you protect it. But once you cross the line, dharma will punish you.

That punishment will be complete.

Ask Indian brahmins why they are left in such a pathetic state.
Dharma is cruel thing. It won't forgive.
We already lost half of our land and will lose more if we don't wake up to reality. Anyway, lets keep it on topic.

SANITY

If the coup was staged, that means Erdogan is directly responsible for all the civillian deaths and those loyal soldiers of the nation. Could the president be so mad?

What's the possibility of another coup attempt, hopefully a genuine and successful?

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I don't believe is Turkey's military so ill trained that one brigade cannot take over the regime?

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I had seen similar videos. But never a state sponsored casual madness.
It is just wrong to kill some one who loves you. The country which those young men swore to protect is killing them.

It is wrong. Just wrong. Adharma at its best.
this is Kootniti ... koot -ta se bhari

and not to forget US elections are coming up so it will have some affect world wide.

pmaitra

Is this the way to treat soldiers who surrendered? They were armed and could have massacred all the Erdoganists.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Civil War will break out in Turkey in very short timespan.
Those who are genuinely against Erdogan will now attempt to wrest away power now, while there is still time. If this was a coup orchestrated by him, then there will be yet another coup, and this time, it will be funded and handled by the jackals in CIA. CIA has already got this opportunity to test the troubled waters and they have already decided upon, I think, about the Modus operandi of the next attempt.

pmaitra

Looks like Erdogan has managed to purge the top military leadership of almost every major unit. I am assuming they are soon to be replaced by Erdogan loyalists:

There are clashed going on in minority pockets of Constantinopole:

Country flag
If the coup was staged, that means Erdogan is directly responsible for all the civillian deaths and those loyal soldiers of the nation. Could the president be so mad?

What's the possibility of another coup attempt, hopefully a genuine and successful?
It is not uncommon for leaders to slaughter thousands or millions to stay in power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SANITY

Turkey coup could threaten country's Nato membership, suggests John Kerry
Turkey could fall foul of Nato's "requirement with respect to democracy" if it fails to uphold the rule of law in the wake of an attempted coup, the US Secretary of State John Kerry has warned.

The Turkish government's response to the failed coup has alarmed both the US and the EU, after it described the plotters as a "cancer" which had to be "cleansed" from public institutions.

Nato's leadership has made it clear that a commitment to "uphold democracy, including tolerating diversity" is one of the five core requirements for members of the alliance.

Around 8,000 police officers have been suspended across Turkey following the failed coup, with more than 6,000 people in the army, the judiciary and other state bodies arrested as part of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's response to Friday's events.

Turkish foreign minister Mevlut Cavusoglu has insisted that President Erdogan's government will respect democracy, while Mr Kerry responded that Nato would "measure" its actions. "Obviously a lot of people have been arrested and arrested very quickly," Mr Kerry added, "The level of vigilance and scrutiny is obviously going to be significant in the days ahead. Hopefully we can work in a constructive way that prevents backsliding."

Ms Mogherini said the incident "is no excuse to take the country away from fundamental rights and the rule of law, and we will be extremely vigilant on that."

Zulfiqar Khan

Here we see the brave Turkish army in its natural habitat :

Seems like this event was staged by Erdogan entirely for the camera. Most of the recruits seem very young. The establishment probably took fresh recruits and decided to send them on a picnic in urban areas and give them a bootcamp like experience. Once the drama was done, they were packed into buses and taken back to their bases. These don't even look like the kind of soldiers who would participate in a coup. They look like school kids.
Almost all Turkish soldiers are young because they are conscripted; they have every right to be angry after seeing military helicopters/soldiers firing at civilians and tanks running over cars.

Also Indians shouldn't criticize without first looking at their own country ; would it be be alright for me to show Indians in their 'natural habitat'? Lets keep this thread insult-free and on topic.

Zulfiqar Khan

Too bad coup didn't even last one day. Turkish police seem to be more competent than Turkish military.
It had little to do about competence; it was only 3000 soldiers that had less than 24 hours to take over most of the country's institutions. Only 100 out of 3000 knew of the coupe to keep the government from finding out. The military did not take into consideration the civilian resistance which made it impossible for the military to complete their objectives.

Remember; these soldiers are conscripts who also have political views - half of the soldiers involved in the coupe were Erdogan supporters as well. The Soldiers did not believe in the cause they were fighting for and did the right thing by not allowing it to escalate.

Zulfiqar Khan

If one goes by @Zulfiqar Khan 's assertions then secular army went against jihadi Erdogan but lost to his civilian supporters.

Larger question will remain if Army will hold pockets where his supporters are not saturated and a bloody civil war will commence or they will be disciplined and stripped off.

Another conspiracy theory I may float is Erdogan's recent overtures made including apology to Russia not going well with NATO thus a coupe was executed at their dictation.

One perspective from India

Turkey is not 'doomed' and Erdogan is not a 'Jihadi'. Erdogan is using progressive Islam model inspired by the Ottoman Empire and so far it's been doing wonders. Turkey has transformed herself into one of the fastest growing economic power and has solidified herself as the strongest regional power.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Turkey is not 'doomed' and Erdogan is not a 'Jihadi'. Erdogan is using progressive Islam model inspired by the Ottoman Empire and so far it's been doing wonders. Turkey has transformed herself into one of the fastest growing economic power and has solidified herself as the strongest regional power.
I would move such posts to joke thread in the future.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles