Combat Aircraft technology and Evolution

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Re: ADA LCA Tejas - IV

What actually is Indians aircraft carrier strategy? How many are you gonna get? Are you gonna "rule the waves?". Should Finland be worried?
Indian strategy is to have 2 carrier fleet at all times and have one is reserve... just in case of any one in repair or upgradation.
we are presently using 2 a/c carriers one will be replaced by homemade a/c carrier in the coming years... and there is another one getting ready to complete the team of three....

Yes we do want to have control over our ocean. we donot want to over power any body.. On the other hand we are ready to support and help.

Finland??? why will Finland worry about it... We have no interest on your side... that is the field of Russians and Americans not ours....
Why are you worried about it?

Pulkit

Country flag

Our whole country in an unsinkable aircraft carrier. There are hundreds of stretch of roads we can use.[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HUGtajanQIM[/video]

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q__NuBI5lyk[/video]
with all due respect ....
I didn't see your point.....

are you planning to have a A/C carrier

Or

Are you planning to sail with your nation and attack or defend your nation.

unsinkable A/C island is of importance if it lies within certain range but away from the main land....

I do agree that you have such huge stretch of roads but to be very honest that's not how it works....

If that would hve been case there was no need for A/C bases....

In the time of war roads cannot be used as they are unprotected..under very desperate conditions only they are used.... Any Nation will do that....
but its toooo risky....

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Sloped Runways are for carrier take off and landings ..

About F18 taking off from highway, Tejas does that under 300ms ..

This is how professionals do it. On common roads with twin engines you do not need any "sloped runways"

JBH22

Or

unsinkable A/C island is of importance if it lies within certain range but away from the main land....

I do agree that you have such huge stretch of roads but to be very honest that's not how it works....

In the time of war roads cannot be used as they are unprotected..under very desperate conditions only they are used.... Any Nation will do that....
but its toooo risky....
Sweden and Finland in their war scenarios had contingency plans where there territory would be gobbled up by the mighty red army hence contingency plans to use Roads for take off and landing of planes. IIRC Swiss also had similar plans. You will recall that one of the selling points of Grippen in MRCA was its ability to conduct a bombing mission while engineers would be busy making an improvised landing strips for the plane.

In Indian context we cannot afford such plans as it would be suicidal to concede even an inch to our adversaries. Imagine leaving Indian populace to the mercy of Pakistani army or tribals.

Pulkit

Country flag

Sweden and Finland in their war scenarios had contingency plans where there territory would be gobbled up by the mighty red army hence contingency plans to use Roads for take off and landing of planes. IIRC Swiss also had similar plans. You will recall that one of the selling points of Grippen in MRCA was its ability to conduct a bombing mission while engineers would be busy making an improvised landing strips for the plane.

In Indian context we cannot afford such plans as it would be suicidal to concede even an inch to our adversaries. Imagine leaving Indian populace to the mercy of Pakistani army or tribals.
that is what i will call desperate conditions....
Worst case scenario....

I didn't get you INDIAN point of view....

jouni

We have only few airfields, they will be bombed be Russians in the first day of the war. That is why road bases are immediately used. Also new doctrine is not area defense anymore, but inflicting so heavy casualties to the enemy that he is willing to negotiate. Basically like Winter War.

jouni

Or

but its toooo risky....
Roads are actually easier to protect than fixed bases. Mobile air defence is the key. Our whole military is just for one reason: protect against Russian attack. In the last War our air force dropped 1600 Red Army planes.

Pulkit

Country flag

Roads are actually easier to protect than fixed bases. Mobile air defence is the key. Our whole military is just for one reason: protect against Russian attack. In the last War our air force dropped 1600 Red Army planes.
I might not agree with you .... but if it works for u its great...

jouni

Indian strategy is to have 2 carrier fleet at all times and have one is reserve... just in case of any one in repair or upgradation.
we are presently using 2 a/c carriers one will be replaced by homemade a/c carrier in the coming years... and there is another one getting ready to complete the team of three....

Yes we do want to have control over our ocean. we donot want to over power any body.. On the other hand we are ready to support and help.

Finland??? why will Finland worry about it... We have no interest on your side... that is the field of Russians and Americans not ours....
Why are you worried about it?
I thought that you want to revenge the colonization and attack Europe. Glad if that is not the case. We can handle the Russkies, because we know them. You have potential for an surprise attack, nobody expects that from friendly Indians. Why don't you buy the Mistrals from the French? Get some nice attack capabilities?

karn

Country flag

Our whole country in an unsinkable aircraft carrier. There are hundreds of stretch of roads we can use.[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HUGtajanQIM[/video]

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q__NuBI5lyk[/video]
It is significantly more difficult to land on an aircraft carrier than it is to do so on a highway .I am certain who the "professional" here is.

Pulkit

Country flag

I thought that you want to revenge the colonization and attack Europe. Glad if that is not the case. We can handle the Russkies, because we know them. You have potential for an surprise attack, nobody expects that from friendly Indians. Why don't you buy the Mistrals from the French? Get some nice attack capabilities?
Sure ... we might consider the offer...

we have certain concerns:
1) NO CONDITIONS
2) NO DELAYS
3) NO COST OVERRUNS
4) MAKE IN INDIA

We don't live in the past.

I thought that you want to revenge the colonization and attack Europe

I feel offended by this statement....
Time have changed ....

You have potential for an surprise attack, nobody expects that from friendly Indians
I feel proud to hear that....

FYI Ruskies are our friend.... But that does not make us your enemy....

power_monger

Country flag

Perhaps if i become a Dictator of India,I will align with russia and china and bomb Middle east and Europe(probably Turkey). So jouni,do pray that i do not become a dictator. (Just kidding).

jouni

Perhaps if i become a Dictator of India,I will align with russia and china and bomb Middle east and Europe(probably Turkey). So jouni,do pray that i do not become a dictator. (Just kidding).
India could never be a scary dictatorship. Your English accent is so funny that nobody could take you seriously... ;)

AnantS

Country flag

Ahh depends , if you hear europeans speaking hindi, that sounds even more hilarious to our ears. Anyway to become one doesnt need to know English to become dictator, all he needs are some subjects who can converse in various languages for him ;)

power_monger

Country flag

Ahh depends , if you hear europeans speaking hindi, that sounds even more hilarious to our ears. Anyway to become one doesnt need to know English to become dictator, all he needs are some subjects who can converse in various languages for him ;)
I was about to write the same. Jouni - Narendra Modi's english is as good and bad as mine.

jouni

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WiwLxnUaeY8[/video]

You guys are still using Might 21's. Here is a nostalgic film from the eighties when they were the backbone of our air defense. Enjoy

jouni

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=62GQLILKkU4[/video]

We are also famous in the world for our funny English. We also joke it ourselves...

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WiwLxnUaeY8[/video]

You guys are still using Might 21's. Here is a nostalgic film from the eighties when they were the backbone of our air defense. Enjoy

Looks like Indian Tejas...

jouni

Looks like Indian Tejas...
Yes, Tejas is a great tribute to the planes of the sixties like Mirage III or Mig-21. It is the aviation equivalent of Mini or Fiat 500. Great thinking from Indians to use nostalgy also in military aviation, not only
In consumer markets.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles