Chinese Regional Jets & Airliners

Azaad

Country flag
When did I say they must run for funds before cdr
I said they make themselves jokers by giving timelines which they have never achieved
It might be their own fault or govt or any institutions fault point is they have failed and they are responsible
Saras mk2 and RTA funding is not provided till prototype it's provided till cdr post cdr they will receive funds for prototype
Now I don't know who is speaking about clarity
And which specifically aircraft are u speaking whose cdr us completed even for saras mk2 it's timeline is end of 2023
They haven't completed cdr of neither mk2 nor RTA
Especially RTA is at very nascent stage although being officially planned since 2000s
There is no point to bring Russia or Soviet Union as we lost time or trust blah blah
These guys were believing Russians for RTA in 2000s shows their seriousness
Point is they haven't completed saras mk1 successfully neither received 15 nos order nor 140 anticipated nos
Mk2 haven't completed cdr so no prototype building until then
RTA both 70 and 90 seater version still in nascent stage
Did you even read what I've written or the various links I've attached or am I wasting my time here especially after you insisted that I stated the Mk-2 is flying only to shift goalposts now ? The project director of the Saras program is on record saying the shopfloor drawings would be completed in a year's time after which it'd be time to assemble the various components required to build a prototype.

Put in dummy language he means the CDR is over , shopfloor drawings are under progress post which component shopping or fabrication would commence during which time NAL would approach the GoI for funds to build & test the prototypes. Is that too difficult to understand even by your standards ?

What's the CDR of the RTA got to do with anything ? Besides whoever said anything of the CDR of the RTA ? It's still in the proposal stages where NAL has briefed the media around the time of the AI-2023 about it's proposal to the GoI where NAL projected a budget of in excess of 1 billion USD for it to get the entire program of the RTA off the ground.

Whether they can do it single handedly or the GoI has the requisite confidence in NAL to pull off a project of this nature is a different topic of discussion altogether & remains to be seen .

As far as getting Russia to JV for the RTA clearly you've no clue as to our relations with the west then or even our economy do you ? This is the the early 2000s I'm talking about where we were still under a technology embargo for dual usage technology by the US & thus the whole west as also for high tech civilian technology , while China was busy indulging in industrial espionage what it couldn't wrest thru it's COERCIVE JVs in China with foreign OEMs like France for the Airbus assembling line in Tianjin. Who else was prepared to partner us then ? You don't know much about anything do you ?

As far as not productionizing Mk-1 goes isn't it clear it was some sort of a TD on the lines of the LCA Mk-1 or the AMCA Mk-1 when it materializes & that the Mk-2 is the definitive version .

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
And I think India is largest market for Chinese phones from high end to cheap ones everything is being sold and brought here
Regarding Chinese airliners
We will see in future how much market if can capture
Anyway they can built things better than us in terms of quality bcoz of huge manufacturing ecosystem and experience
So why have they not beaten us in international tractor sales by a homegrown company? You are assuming that they can beat india in all manufacturing areas. This is a bad claim. One example:

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Did you even read what I've written or the various links I've attached or am I wasting my time here especially after you insisted that I stated the Mk-2 is flying only to shift goalposts now ? The project director of the Saras program is on record saying the shopfloor drawings would be completed in a year's time after which it'd be time to assemble the various components required to build a prototype.

Put in dummy language he means the CDR is over , shopfloor drawings are under progress post which component shopping or fabrication would commence during which time NAL would approach the GoI for funds to build & test the prototypes. Is that too difficult to understand even by your standards ?

What's the CDR of the RTA got to do with anything ? Besides whoever said anything of the CDR of the RTA ? It's still in the proposal stages where NAL has briefed the media around the time of the AI-2023 about it's proposal to the GoI where NAL projected a budget of in excess of 1 billion USD for it to get the entire program of the RTA off the ground.

Whether they can do it single handedly or the GoI has the requisite confidence in NAL to pull off a project of this nature is a different topic of discussion altogether & remains to be seen .

As far as getting Russia to JV for the RTA clearly you've no clue as to our relations with the west then or even our economy do you ? This is the the early 2000s I'm talking about where we were still under a technology embargo for dual usage technology by the US & thus the whole west as also for high tech civilian technology , while China was busy indulging in industrial espionage what it couldn't wrest thru it's COERCIVE JVs in China with foreign OEMs like France for the Airbus assembling line in Tianjin. Who else was prepared to partner us then ? You don't know much about anything do you ?

As far as not productionizing Mk-1 goes isn't it clear it was some sort of a TD on the lines of the LCA Mk-1 or the AMCA Mk-1 when it materializes & that the Mk-2 is the definitive version .
U believing PD after LCA mk2 fiasco shows u r deliberately being naive
From article
“So we are expecting very soon the drawings (SARAS MK II) to be released and one year down the line, we expect that once the drawings are released, progressively we will start our manufacturing process and sometime next year (2024), we should have the components coming together and we are then able to essentially roll out the aircraft (prototype) and once that is complete, then the flight testing part will start,” said Dr. Pashilkar.
Here he is saying drawings have not released until now but may be later this year at same time we will ahve it rolled out in 2024
It's amazing the way he is contradicting himself knowing that post submission the funds release and after that Prototyping takes 3 years
But out of nowhere in 2024 the aircraft will pop up
It's not like once cdr completed the prototype will get ready
And don't tell me that everything is happening in secretly without any public release
Nowhere in internet u will find that cdr completed and funds released only initial funds were given for designing
I very well know the times of 2000s and the sanction period
Knowing aligning with Russia won't give u even an iota of tech especially in aviation hal still went for stupid discussions and mou
Post sanction lifting again they went to Russians for MTA shows their seriousness
When u know u don't have access to west and Russians post SU dealings have looted us u must not go for such useless discussions rather try by ur own if u can

Ur last para sums up why this industry will remain same first iaf claimed they will get 15 mk1 but now after funds released for designing of mk2 they said they will order 15 mk2
But onother hand they will keep ordering dornier 228 even after csir giving ambitious timelines bcoz they know that tiphis will never take off

My entire point in RTA is the project in discussions since 2000s and even before that without any constructive work despite being ditched by many entities and now started designing shows incompetency
U will never know when it will receive funds or will it roll out

Anyways pin me when u see saras mk2 flying and entering into service

Last edited:

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
So why have they not beaten us in international tractor sales by a homegrown company? You are assuming that they can beat india in all manufacturing areas. This is a bad claim. One example:

Not beaten us in any particular competition or sector doesn't mean their quality is poor
Most of the industries is either dominated by west or China we don't even come on that league
We ourselves using many Chinese products literally many
Their general manufacturing quality is better than us bcoz they produce more than us, many other varieties of goods which we don't have basic industry for
Their quantity and experience is far better than us so obviously their quality

Azaad

Country flag
U believing PD after LCA mk2 fiasco shows u r deliberately being naive
From article
“So we are expecting very soon the drawings (SARAS MK II) to be released and one year down the line, we expect that once the drawings are released, progressively we will start our manufacturing process and sometime next year (2024), we should have the components coming together and we are then able to essentially roll out the aircraft (prototype) and once that is complete, then the flight testing part will start,” said Dr. Pashilkar.
Here he is saying drawings have not released until now but may be later this year at same time we will ahve it rolled out in 2024
It's amazing the way he is contradicting himself knowing that post submission the funds release and after that Prototyping takes 3 years
But out of nowhere in 2024 the aircraft will pop up
It's not like once cdr completed the prototype will get ready
And don't tell me that everything is happening in secretly without any public release
Nowhere in internet u will find that cdr completed and funds released only initial funds were given for designing
I very well know the times of 2000s and the sanction period
Knowing aligning with Russia won't give u even an iota of tech especially in aviation hal still went for stupid discussions and mou
Post sanction lifting again they went to Russians for MTA shows their seriousness
When u know u don't have access to west and Russians post SU dealings have looted us u must not go for such useless discussions rather try by ur own if u can

Ur last para sums up why this industry will remain same first iaf claimed they will get 15 mk1 but now after funds released for designing of mk2 they said they will order 15 mk2
But onother hand they will keep ordering dornier 228 even after csir giving ambitious timelines bcoz they know that tiphis will never take off

My entire point in RTA is the project in discussions since 2000s and even before that without any constructive work despite being ditched by many entities and now started designing shows incompetency
U will never know when it will receive funds or will it roll out

Anyways pin me when u see saras mk2 flying and entering into service
The very fact you're quoting the article I've linked a few posts ago trying in vain to pick holes in my posts shows you didn't read it earlier at all .

Prototyping takes 3 yrs ? Why ? Coz that's what HVT stated about the LCA Mk-2 prototype , that's why isn't it ? You extrapolated that bit of information to the Saras Mk-2 didn't you ? Life for you must be fairly simple & uncomplicated isn't it . I mean your mind may not register any other colours except black & white . The color grey for instance doesn't exist in your world view .

Explain why a mere improvement on the Saras Mk-1 which is what the Mk-2 is , apart from being a 19 seater turboprop transporter requires 3 yrs to build a prototype after drawings are released ? Funds were released only upto the CDR . That's the SOP for all aerospace projects we've undertaken post which the development agency approaches the government for funds for development of prototypes. That's what I've written earlier & you're endorsing in your usual roundabout manner . Go ahead , try some analysis for a start , some ORIGINAL analysis instead of regurgitating what you've read in multiple articles & posts across the Internet , Twitter & various fora .

Look up the number of foreign civilian Aerospace OEMs who're involved in production of 19-120 / 150 seater turboprops between 2000-23 & write back on whom do you think we had a livelihood of concluding a JV with if not Russia & explain why . There's a reason the plan of development suggested going from co development of a 19 seater to probably 50-70 before hitting 90 & taking it to 120 & beyond . As with everything thanks to delays & a changed aerospace environment including the market the final product has to cater to , that requirement for a 50-70 seater got converted to a 90 seater . You can't keep changing JV partners frequently on such projects without encountering problems in development especially since you're a newbie to the whole scene.

The RTA was originally envisaged as a dual requirement with the IAF MTA program. Why in it's infinite wisdom has that idea been dropped by the GoI ( we've no confirmation of it , though IAF has come out with an independent RFI for its requirements of the MTA whereas for the present , NAL is seemingly working on it's own on the RTA project ) , if it truly has been dropped , is something beyond me .

MiG-29SMT

Country flag

I agree in Tractors and bikes India has really good quality, aviation is the same there will be a point India will be much more powerful you are already a power, come on you build Helos, jet fighters trainers and civil aviation you already started

1686175406051.png

I mean there is no reason why you can not build a civil aviation industry

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Not beaten us in any particular competition or sector doesn't mean their quality is poor
Most of the industries is either dominated by west or China we don't even come on that league
Their general manufacturing quality is better than us bcoz they produce more than us, many other varieties of goods which we don't have basic industry for
In a globalized world there are many Brands, Brands from India or China since the populations you have is so great that domestic brands can grow relatively quickly, India will develop an aviation industry, but it is hard to do it not a bed of roses but definitively you can do it

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
The very fact you're quoting the article I've linked a few posts ago trying in vain to pick holes in my posts shows you didn't read it earlier at all .

Prototyping takes 3 yrs ? Why ? Coz that's what HVT stated about the LCA Mk-2 prototype , that's why isn't it ? You extrapolated that bit of information to the Saras Mk-2 didn't you ? Life for you must be fairly simple & uncomplicated isn't it . I mean your mind may not register any other colours except black & white . The color grey for instance doesn't exist in your world view .

Explain why a mere improvement on the Saras Mk-1 which is what the Mk-2 is , apart from being a 19 seater turboprop transporter requires 3 yrs to build a prototype after drawings are released ? Funds were released only upto the CDR . That's the SOP for all aerospace projects we've undertaken post which the development agency approaches the government for funds for development of prototypes. That's what I've written earlier & you're endorsing in your usual roundabout manner . Go ahead , try some analysis for a start , some ORIGINAL analysis instead of regurgitating what you've read in multiple articles & posts across the Internet , Twitter & various fora .

Look up the number of foreign civilian Aerospace OEMs who're involved in production of 19-120 / 150 seater turboprops between 2000-23 & write back on whom do you think we had a livelihood of concluding a JV with if not Russia & explain why . There's a reason the plan of development suggested going from co development of a 19 seater to probably 50-70 before hitting 90 & taking it to 120 & beyond . As with everything thanks to delays & a changed aerospace environment including the market the final product has to cater to , that requirement for a 50-70 seater got converted to a 90 seater . You can't keep changing JV partners frequently on such projects without encountering problems in development especially since you're a newbie to the whole scene.

The RTA was originally envisaged as a dual requirement with the IAF MTA program. Why in it's infinite wisdom has that idea been dropped by the GoI ( we've no confirmation of it , though IAF has come out with an independent RFI for its requirements of the MTA whereas for the present , NAL is seemingly working on it's own on the RTA project ) , if it truly has been dropped , is something beyond me .
In my opinion for India the best way to make a civil aviation is replicate Brazil`s model, I mean you do not need make everything, that is what COMAC is doing, the advantage you have is your population justifies a big Internal market, What China is doing is not totally wrong, however the Chinese model is not sustainable for a long time, Embraer relies on many partners, but does respect economic rights.

Eventually globalization is forcing the current OEMs to accept local suppliers, India can build under a similar scheme, for us in Mexico the best is joint ventures and become suppliers right now we are the 12th supplier of aerospace equipment globally but hardly we have capacity of going alone, India has a big market to justify an aircraft like C919 or E-195, but the Chinese model is too protecionist to succed, they will need to do consessions to grow.

SexyChineseLady

In the case of civil aviation, China is not trying to compete in third markets. It is trying to claw back a percentage of its OWN market from the duopoly.

I think India would be thinking of the same thing when you have a domestic market that large. In China, the stated plan is for just 10% of the domestic market and it would considered a success and highly profitable. But now with Boeing being unreliable because of possible US sanctions, the figure has risen to 30 or even 50 percent.

China has made Airbus and Safran partners at a very high level with production for both at Tianjin.

If India can negotiate it, then those assembly lines would be the best first steps towards a domestic airliner.

Only China has an Airbus assembly line outside the West and only China has a Safran engine and nacelle final assembly plant outside France, Germany and the US. Not Mexico, not Brazil, not Japan. Why? Because China has the market.

Leverage your market wisely ;)

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Your claim was Chinese make higher quality than us in all sectors. I showed you that is not true.
What is the relationship between this rant and an airplane’s stringent quality needs? Vietnam makes a lot of the stuff China does too at pretty similar quality.
The question remains can we rely on China for safe, high quality products? The answer is no. How come you are not able to understand this? Everyone knows this.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
In my opinion for India the best way to make a civil aviation is replicate Brazil`s model, I mean you do not need make everything, that is what COMAC is doing, the advantage you have is your population justifies a big Internal market, What China is doing is not totally wrong, however the Chinese model is not sustainable for a long time, Embraer relies on many partners, but does respect economic rights.

Eventually globalization is forcing the current OEMs to accept local suppliers, India can build under a similar scheme, for us in Mexico the best is joint ventures and become suppliers right now we are the 12th supplier of aerospace equipment globally but hardly we have capacity of going alone, India has a big market to justify an aircraft like C919 or E-195, but the Chinese model is too protecionist to succed, they will need to do consessions to grow.
The biggest issue india has is its inability to attract engineers from our highly qualified diaspora to move to India and develop amazing technology. China has succeeded to some extent. India still has massive brain drain due to the inability of the country to put science and technology in the center of our growth story.

SexyChineseLady

I think the Tianjin plant is without doubt the crowning achievement on collaboration between countries in the airliners industry. All this talk about Mexico pales into insignificance when Airbus aircraft is coming off assembly lines in China (with Safran engines and nacelles integrated next door):

IMG_9190.jpeg

IMG_9191.jpeg

IMG_9192.jpeg

IMG_9195.jpeg

IMG_9193.jpeg

IMG_9194.jpeg

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

It's u who is simply posting same shit again and haven't answered any of my question
Coming to Prototyping it's not about what hvt sir said saurav jha had already spoken about it in twitter space or post
This is industrial procedure
U seems to be coping with pressure proof other than verbal echoing
Coz u can't accept the reality
In which world mk2 is slightly improvement of mk1
Mk1 was pusher configuration but mk2 is turboprop
Cfd analysis have to be done entire designing procedure has to be done
Many improvements exist over mk1 like weight reduction high cruise speed improved flight control system changes in rudder area
These are major changes others u will know after funds being cleared
Neither my life us fairy tale nor simple but u are under coping mechanism and have nothing prove ur verbal claims
It takes 3 years bcoz the orders are placed after funds being released and the components be it domestic or foreign and moreover major components in mk2 are foreign so they won't deliver the moment u provide orders all those things take time and components arrive at different duration some might be in few months some maybe in few years so 3 years is safe time for execution
First it was me who wrote in this conversation regarding funds being released post cdr and 3 years after that for prototyping
Ur second last para is the point I am justifying why we won't have any civilian airliner
These buffoons can't develope 14 seater or 19 seater aircrafts changing goalpost every now and then
Coming to funds u haven't basically read what I was writing
I said when finds haven't been cleared cdr will be over by year end how can PD say roll out in 2024
Gadha samajh rake hai sabko
These kind of statements shows their seriousness and how much they are into the implementation
Par nahi everything u will write same thing in long manner to point out obvious points and argue and claim of others coming to the point its first u who cope and then want to materialize it
On RTA pls pin me when u see it's roll out

SexyChineseLady

The C929/CR929 is China's wide body project:
IMG_9198.jpeg

China already has the only workforce outside the US and Western Europe with experience building a modern wide body!

IMG_9197.jpeg

IMG_9205.jpeg

IMG_9202.jpeg

IMG_9199.jpeg

IMG_9203.jpeg

IMG_9200.jpeg

1st A350 delivered from CHINA!
IMG_9201.jpeg

IMG_9196.jpeg

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
The C929/CR929 is China's wide body project:
View attachment 209334

China already has the only workforce outside the US and Western Europe with experience building a modern wide body!

View attachment 209336
View attachment 209337
View attachment 209341

View attachment 209338
View attachment 209340
View attachment 209342

1st A350 delivered from CHINA!
View attachment 209343

View attachment 209335
the aircraft was made and assembled in Europe not China, the seats and cabin were fitted in China as well as the painting, your statement is propaganda, China has no A-350 assembly nor production facilities, Airbuses are just assembled and only the A-320 and A-321 family

While Airbus puts its A350s together in this huge L-shaped facility, parts for the aircraft come from all over Europe. For example, we learned during the visit that Airbus builds the wings in Broughton, UK before finishing them in Bremen, Germany. This requires the use of Airbus's Beluga and Beluga XL outsize freighters to bring them to Toulouse.

Located at the same site as the Airbus Tianjin A320 Family Final Assembly Line and the Airbus Tianjin Delivery Centre, the widebody C&DC covers the aircraft completion activities, including cabin installation, aircraft painting and production flight test, as well as customer flight acceptance and aircraft delivery.

The France-based group has been assembling its best-selling A320-family planes in Tianjin outside the capital since 2008

A separate framework or "general terms agreement" authorizes the delivery to China of 160 aircraft already on Airbus' books, including 150 single-aisle jets and 10 A350s.

Last edited:

Azaad

Country flag
It's u who is simply posting same shit again and haven't answered any of my question
Coming to Prototyping it's not about what hvt sir said saurav jha had already spoken about it in twitter space or post
This is industrial procedure
U seems to be coping with pressure proof other than verbal echoing
Coz u can't accept the reality
In which world mk2 is slightly improvement of mk1
Mk1 was pusher configuration but mk2 is turboprop
Cfd analysis have to be done entire designing procedure has to be done
Many improvements exist over mk1 like weight reduction high cruise speed improved flight control system changes in rudder area
These are major changes others u will know after funds being cleared
Neither my life us fairy tale nor simple but u are under coping mechanism and have nothing prove ur verbal claims
It takes 3 years bcoz the orders are placed after funds being released and the components be it domestic or foreign and moreover major components in mk2 are foreign so they won't deliver the moment u provide orders all those things take time and components arrive at different duration some might be in few months some maybe in few years so 3 years is safe time for execution
First it was me who wrote in this conversation regarding funds being released post cdr and 3 years after that for prototyping
Ur second last para is the point I am justifying why we won't have any civilian airliner
These buffoons can't develope 14 seater or 19 seater aircrafts changing goalpost every now and then
Coming to funds u haven't basically read what I was writing
I said when finds haven't been cleared cdr will be over by year end how can PD say roll out in 2024
Gadha samajh rake hai sabko
These kind of statements shows their seriousness and how much they are into the implementation
Par nahi everything u will write same thing in long manner to point out obvious points and argue and claim of others coming to the point its first u who cope and then want to materialize it
On RTA pls pin me when u see it's roll out

If your user id wasn't named after Lord Jaganath Puri , I'd certainly have had subjected you to some choicest abuses. Pls slap yourself on our collective behalf .

Last edited:

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

If your user id wasn't named after Lord Jaganath Puri , I'd certainly have had subjected you to some choicest abuses. Pls slap yourself on our collective behalf .
Seriously is that ur point to prove its funds being being approved
Comon these guys ordered many things for LCA mk2 before funds being approved but what happened bcoz they weren't major equipments being sourced that was majorly imported
These guys even started building bulkhead for amca way before completion of cdr
These small tiny things happen while existing funds
And ur first article it's just a tech being demonstrated on PT1N
Why do u wanna abuse cant u be civil
Better pin me when u see it rolling out in 2024

Azaad

Country flag
Seriously is that ur point to prove its funds being being approved
Comon these guys ordered many things for LCA mk2 before funds being approved but what happened bcoz they weren't major equipments being sourced that was majorly imported
These guys even started building bulkhead for amca way before completion of cdr
These small tiny things happen while existing funds
And ur first article it's just a tech being demonstrated on PT1N
Why do u wanna abuse cant u be civil
Better pin me when u see it rolling out in 2024
If you see such developments obviously things are moving on the ground. Be it LCA Mk-2 or AMCA Mk-1 or Saras Mk-2 . And here's the article I was searching for since last night. Apparently GoI has already approved INR 6000 cr for the entire program way back in 2019 .

Global Defence

New threads

Articles