Can a PIL be filed to retrieve our National Treasures

trackwhack

I was wondering what it would take to get the Supreme Court to order GOI to take up with the UK and the UN about returning historical artifacts that are stashed away with the British royal family and the London Museum. Some thoughts

1) A PIL
2) A petition with signatures collected

Are there any other ways? Will anything work.

I don't care about the outcome in terms of whether the UK does return the stuff they stole from us. I just want the issue to be raised and remain open until such a time when the UK faces financial ruin and they are arm twisted into returning the wealth they stole in return for aid or something along those lines.

I know there is an earlier thread about our stolen national wealth. This thread is to discuss what can be done and not to discuss whether something should be done. Those that think its not worth it can abstain from the thread rather than foul mouth it. Thanks.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Spiez, thoughts and Ideas, not likes. :)

I remember raising this doubt in history class way back in school, that too after reading that according to UN whatever captured should be returned back to the country of origin. But my knowledge on law is very poor.

Maybe some lawyers can point to it further.

Nirvana

How effective can a PIL be ? will it pressurize the govt to talk tough with U.K to retrieve them ? I am talking about the "Kohinoor" here in particular

The govt must talk to U.K on this and take a hard stance,When the queen Visited here during 50th Independence day , A note signed by many MP's was given to queen to bring back Kohinoor in India but there was no reply from uk whatsoever , even the question arised during the recent visit of cameroon in India.

trackwhack

Can we at DFI start an Online petition. If worded passionately enough we can get this to go viral. If we can manage a million signatures,maybe the press will pick it up. Lets get people talking about this.

International Court or UN are options. Making a noise frequently about this and giving the UK a lot of negative press will crack them eventually.

Nirvana

Can we at DFI start an Online petition. If worded passionately enough we can get this to go viral. If we can manage a million signatures,maybe the press will pick it up. Lets get people talking about this.

International Court or UN are options. Making a noise frequently about this and giving the UK a lot of negative press will crack them eventually.
we can try.....we have social net platform....i can help to spread it across peeps....P.M me ...later :thumb:

trackwhack

we can try.....we have social net platform....i can help to spread it across peeps....P.M me ...later :thumb:
I want this to be a DFI initiative. It would be best if DFI seniors worded it, the DFI admins and seniors approved it and then we started an online petition with everyone doing their bit to spread it. We have people from all walks of life here - legal experts, press etc.

For once let us stop complaining and do something about things we see as unjust.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag

A good initiative and let us start the online petition and I will support you with everything possible.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I think for once, we all will unanimously support it.....!!!!!! Lets Start it !!!!!!!!!!!

pmaitra

Imagine, before the CWG games, someone files such a PIL and the court issues arrest warrants against those in illegal possession of Indian property. Now the Queen land in India. To arrest her or not to arrest her - that is the question.

Diplomatic nightmare. Perhaps one reason why this issue is not much talked about.

trackwhack

No need of an arrest warrant. Just raise it at the United Nations. UK will have to respond. Then take it from there and keep the issue open until they break.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles