Brand new IAF C-130 crashed in Gawalior

hitesh

military cargo plains should have ejection seats too ,the Russian even have one for there helicopters so why its not good idea to have one for these big planes ? maybe because not to let pilots run away with there parachute leaving there passengers to die ,like caption sinks with his ship.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
An IAF officer has said that the two planes were flying at 300 ft and then pulled up to 1000ft and ruling out the hitting a hillock theory

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
ghanta to baaj gaya bhai
No, they were trying to land cross country ... they thought that the plane can even land in the ravines of Chambal ... to catch the dacoit qeen someone like Phoolan Mai.

halloweene

These guys were practicing low level flying.Does that ring any bells?
Yes, "tactical flight". Even worse to live on from rear part of the plane....
Those pilots are constantly training to improve etc. Sadly staying close to limits sometimes bring you out of limits. RIP.

rvjpheonix

Country flag
It clearly stated, It ' May be ' this cannot because of pilot error ..

1. This is there own backyard where base is located, Information of the terrain is back of the head of these pilots ..

2. If the first aircraft gain the altitude quickly, And other does not, It may related to the flaps malfunction ..

For now these are just assumptions, Lets wait for more clear information ..
Exactly the airbase is an important one and there is no way the area is going to be uncharted. The pilots have been flying the plane for some time and will know the terrain like the back of their hand. This has to be a hardware problem or an error by the groundstaff. And that is what i was thinking that if the the aircraft pulls up wont the following aircraft do so too?

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
clearly shows pilot error and Quality of IAF pilots.

how can they ignore early warning radars in that plane??
Did IAF's 'US-made' C-130J Super Hercules that crashed have fake Chinese parts? - The Times of India
India's newly-acquired American C-130J Super Hercules plane that crashed last week near Gwalior has been under intense scrutiny in the United States and Canada after a Senate investigation concluded that counterfeit parts in the aircraft's display systems could cause it to "lose data or even go blank altogether" in midflight, with potentially catastrophic consequences.

A 2011-2012 investigation by the US Senate armed services committee eventually traced the counterfeit electronic parts used in the C-130J, C-27J, and many other US military systems to a company in Shenzhen, China, called Hong Dark Electronic Trade Company. Hong Dark sold the parts at issue to Global IC Trading Group, an independent distributor in the US, which in turn sold it to L-3 Communications Display Systems, which in turn supplied it to Lockheed Martin, the US military's prime contractor for the C-130J

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
No, they were trying to land cross country ... they thought that the plane can even land in the ravines of Chambal ... to catch the dacoit qeen someone like Phoolan Mai.

I've always blamed our incompetent pilots.
My brother is in air force paramedics.
He told me about an incident in which pilot was drunk while flying his mig-21 and he crashed it.
Iaf to save its face came up with a theory of engine failure in mig-21.

Iaf is prolly the most incompetent and unprofessional air force in the world.

Its not about amreeki machine, it's about the professionalism of tri-services.
After all these incident in navy and air force I am hundred percent sure that these incident has got Something to do with the professionalism of the tri-services.
I am not cursing the pilots or blaming them for the crash but I am doing a positive criticism about the professionalism of our armed forces.
BTW maintainance crew on the ground are also part of the air force.
Don't post marvel comic stuff like that my brother is a paramedic and he knew a drunk pilot crashed Mig-21,

If drunk pilots are the reason for crashes on Mig-21 then how come Mirage-2000 operated with nil crash records for more than two decades in IAF(before some recent crashes of course)?

Did the french install some EW suit that stops pilot from taking off drunk in their Mirage-2000?

and then follow it up with stupid stuff like I am hundred percent sure that it is the incompetence of IAF pilots which caused the crash ,

it is incompetent IAF pilots behind the accidnt, read the above post-169, to know some basic home truths.

truth is always complex, and will never come out most of the time.

Then how come such drunken IAF pilots became test pilots of fly by wire RSS tejas and got the award of best test pilot in the world in last years US competition?

These IAF guys are operating the mighty Gajraj for eons, sure they were not trying to catch Phoolan mai with them and crashed one till date!!!!!

IAF chief Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha said in a statement on Friday that IAF has "exploited capabilities of this aircraft during Uttarakhand floods and landing at DBO (Daulat Beg Oldi), which is the highest landing ground in the world. Needless to say, that the best pilots have been chosen to fly these aircraft."
For people who used to Kick ADA and HAL like their bathroom bucket ,

the recent happenings on naval subs, nagging issues with T-90s ,and the crash of this trustworthy american plane,

would have driven home how complex a program HAL-ADA combine has run in the teeth of international sanctions in an expert manner to produce and induct a 4.5th gen combat plane in IAF.

Last edited:

bennedose

They were on a low flying mission. So possibly they might have switched off the radar to avoid unneccesary warnings and rely on visual confirmation.
As far as I know, the bad news is that the IAF does not have terrain avoidance radar on any of its aircraft. This is a sad deficiency and an urgently needed upgrade. A MiG 29 crash a couple of years ago was similar - where the pilot ploughed into a hill. I seem to recall that it was quite a while before people got to the wreckage.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
As far as I know, the bad news is that the IAF does not have terrain avoidance radar on any of its aircraft. This is a sad deficiency and an urgently needed upgrade. A MiG 29 crash a couple of years ago was similar - where the pilot ploughed into a hill. I seem to recall that it was quite a while before people got to the wreckage.
The C 130 is used for low level flights. Wouldn't terrain avoidance radar be part of the package we got?

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
The track record of Lockheed Martin and the C130 is well established. It is IAF that has to answer for this.
So from now on if a plane with good track record crashes , we can all blame pilots forever and never need to investigate whether there was any equipment failure, Then we can even remove the black boxes from such planes with good track record , as the plane is never going to crash due to equipment failure, it will be a cost saving exercise as well,

bennedose

The C 130 is used for low level flights. Wouldn't terrain avoidance radar be part of the package we got?
I have no idea. It's possible, but I do not recall reading about it when they were inducted.

kod

In navy after INS Jalashwa acquisition within few month accident happen 5 killed.Now it turned to IAF !!:scared2:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Do I look like f@ckin AK antony???

I didn't knew I am the defence minister of India.
Dunno why some douchebag can't take criticism about the tri-services???
Its my tax money and I want someone to be responsible for this accident.why only this,I want someone to be responsible for all those MIGs crashes and the life of those pilots who lost there lives.
Naval chief DK joshi resigned and so should Air chief Marshall Arup raha.
Unless you or some other douchebag find me the person responsible for all this mess I'll blame the Air chief Marshall of IAF.

So keep your god damned sarcasm to yourself.

Some people like you think you know all the stuff.

IAF is unprofessional and all those bribing scams proves it.
Why only IAF,our army and navy are also corrupt.
I gave an eg of in professionalism of IAF by making that drunk stuff point.
But you Mr know it all guy managed to make it the center of your post.

And my brother the Paramedic I was talking about shares room with me.
So you've pissed me off because I firmly believe you've insulted him.
So unless you want things to go messier don't quote me.
I won't be quoting your post and don't quote me because you are in my ignore list..
it is the civilians at the top of MOD who pick and chose pliable officers to push corrupt deals, if the civilians at the top are honest and post persons with repute for top IAf and IA posts , there will be no corruption, and the message only professionalism is encouraged will trickle through the service ranks,

Instead honest chiefs like V.K. Singh are pushed out giving lame excuses when he raised questions about the TATRA deal. SO both you and I who vote in such corrupt politicians are the ones primarily to blame for corruption, not just the armed forces alone.

So before putting triservice into account for corruption you and your brother can slap each other ten times for elecing Anon as def min of india, It was not as if the tri service went and stood infront of Antony's house begging him to be their minister.

When chief of navy repeatedly alerts the govt about the fast depleting and deteriorating level of submarine fleet he is asked to test a newly refit vessel 20 years old sub with a battery whose 80 percent life is finished.Who is responsible for that?

In kargil war it is not you and your brother who gave up their life to save the country, the same officers of IA and IAF who you accuse of corruption and drunken driving did it. Keep that in mind.neither did those soldiers who gave up their life did that for the guilt of getting paid with thy Sh!tty tax payer money you and your brother put into their salary account,

Officers and jawans serve the forces primarily for the love of it. Do you think the two naval officers who pushed other submariners out did and gave up their life did that because of the guilt of getting paid b yyours and your brothers your tax payer money?

You can take that goose shit elsewhere , don't soil this thread.

If your brother's reputation is so important to you, just think about how much the reputation of IAf pilots matter to the rest of the country besides you and your brother!!!!!!!!!!

If I ask why mirage-2000 pilots don't crash their plane under the influence of alcohol ,when good old Mig-21 pilots do, I become a moron!!!!

India did not have advanced jet trainers and rookie pilots were put in a tough to fly Mig-21 with little experience on jets, to compound the problem Engines of Mig-21 were not so reliable either,

Thats one of the reason why IAF grounded its entire Mig-23 fleet of about hundred planes all in one go saying that their engines were unserviceable,after a group captain died in a crash.

it was the political leadership of the country which was elected by me, you , your brother room mate, and your grand father which made the choices regarding which personnel to promote, what kind of discipline to enforce and what kind of equipment to be bought for the armed forces,

the tri service did not ask the political leadership of the country to side with soviets and fill the IAf ranks with Migs, it is the political leadership elected by us,Sp we can slap each other twenty times for the crime of saddling tri service with such inept political leadership for the past sixty years,before demanding accountability for our tax payer money.

If you take the Mig series which have issues out of the crash stats IAF crash stats are in line with the crash stats of other fighter forces of the world.

for 20 years Navy operated Kilos without an issue, may be all the experienced navy hands have retired at one go and the rest of them are all drunk all the time sinking subs!!!!

Anyway I am glad to be on the ignore list of such top level technical posters like you,

Thanks,

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
it is the civilians at the top of MOD who pick and chose pliable officers to push corrupt deals, if the civilians at the top are honest and post persons with repute for top IAf and IA posts , there will be no corruption, and the message only professionalism is encouraged will trickle through the service ranks,

Instead honest chiefs like V.K. Singh are pushed out giving lame excuses when he raised questions about the TATRA deal. SO both you and I who vote in such corrupt politicians are the ones primarily to blame for corruption, not just the armed forces alone.

So before putting triservice into account for corruption you and your brother can slap each other ten times for elecing Anon as def min of india, It was not as if the tri service went and stood infront of Antony's house begging him to be their minister.

When chief of navy repeatedly alerts the govt about the fast depleting and deteriorating level of submarine fleet he is asked to test a newly refit vessel 20 years old sub with a battery whose 80 percent life is finished.Who is responsible for that?

In kargil war it is not you and your brother who gave up their life to save the country, the same officers of IA and IAF who you accuse of corruption and drunken driving did it. Keep that in mind.neither did those soldiers who gave up their life did that for the guilt of getting paid with thy Sh!tty tax payer money you and your brother put into their salary account,

Officers and jawans serve the forces primarily for the love of it. Do you think the two naval officers who pushed other submariners out did and gave up their life did that because of the guilt of getting paid b yyours and your brothers your tax payer money?

You can take that goose shit elsewhere , don't soil this thread.

If your brother's reputation is so important to you, just think about how much the reputation of IAf pilots matter to the rest of the country besides you and your brother!!!!!!!!!!

If I ask why mirage-2000 pilots don't crash their plane under the influence of alcohol ,when good old Mig-21 pilots do, I become a moron!!!!

India did not have advanced jet trainers and rookie pilots were put in a tough to fly Mig-21 with little experience on jets, to compound the problem Engines of Mig-21 were not so reliable either,

Thats one of the reason why IAF grounded its entire Mig-23 fleet of about hundred planes all in one go saying that their engines were unserviceable,after a group captain died in a crash.

it was the political leadership of the country which was elected by me, you , your brother room mate, and your grand father which made the choices regarding which personnel to promote, what kind of discipline to enforce and what kind of equipment to be bought for the armed forces,

the tri service did not ask the political leadership of the country to side with soviets and fill the IAf ranks with Migs, it is the political leadership elected by us,Sp we can slap each other twenty times for the crime of saddling tri service with such inept political leadership for the past sixty years,before demanding accountability for our tax payer money.

If you take the Mig series which have issues out of the crash stats IAF crash stats are in line with the crash stats of other fighter forces of the world.

for 20 years Navy operated Kilos without an issue, may be all the experienced navy hands have retired at one go and the rest of them are all drunk all the time sinking subs!!!!

Anyway I am glad to be on the ignore list of such top level technical posters like you,

Thanks,

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag

In kargil war it is not you and your brother who gave up their life to save the country, the same officers of IA and IAF who you accuse of corruption and drunken driving did it. Keep that in mind.

India did not have advanced jet trainers and rookie pilots were put in a tough to fly Mig-21 with little experience on jets, to compound the problem Engines of Mig-21 were not so reliable eithe
How do you know my brother was not in 1999 war?????
He has served his country for 19 years.
Actually he is at lieutenant rank.
But ofcourse tri-services are voluntary and a soldier is not a god.
So why a soldier should not be criticized?

My quote was never about alcohol,it was about the professionalism and incompetence.

Its so annoying that you've again managed to make alcohol as the center point of your post troll.

Again Mr know it all troll why a transport aircraft would do a low level tactical flying exercise??

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles