Blacks will never be equal in White America

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
^^
@t_co

Chicago, the city where black teenagers are gunned down in the streets by other black teenagers at an astounding rate, needs to point its finger at Texas.:wat:

And why does a Chinese need to find the article to post on DFI?

It's called "agitprop."

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Goldberg: Bending the Trayvon Martin tragedy to fit - latimes.com

NBC News was the most egregious offender on this score. Producers edited Zimmerman's 911 call to make it sound as if he were targeting Martin because of his race. The "Today" show ran audio of Zimmerman saying, "This guy looks like he's up to no good "¦ he looks black." Those ellipses hide the fact Zimmerman said "he looks black" only after the operator asked him to describe Martin. (NBC has apologized, and Zimmerman is suing.)

Any hope that the editorializing would end with the trial was naive. National Public Radio recently profiled Sybrina Fulton, Martin's mother. In response to the tragedy and the trial, Fulton has become a civil rights activist, NPR reported.

t_co

^^
@t_co

Chicago, the city where black teenagers are gunned down in the streets by other black teenagers at an astounding rate, needs to point its finger at Texas.:wat:

And why does a Chinese need to find the article to post on DFI?

It's called "agitprop."
Wouldn't posting this on worldstarhiphop rather than DFI better fit your definition of 'agitprop'?

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Wouldn't posting this on worldstarhiphop rather than DFI better fit your definition of 'agitprop'?
I don't know. But I think you should be aware of depredations of Chengguan in China before you lament injustice in USA.

Death of a Watermelon Salesman: Chengguan in a Changing China | Asia Life | The Diplomat

As far as Huang could recall, the conflict started when the chengguan refused to give the couple an invoice after paying a fine of 100 RMB ($16.29) for initially peddling fruit outside the designated area. "You are bandits," she told the officers, who knocked her unconscious. By the time she awoke her husband was dead.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
This is a US topic, not one about China. Are you seriously pulling this ad hominem/tu quoque crap too?

Please stop trolling/leading the discussion off-topic.
The topic and thread is a red herring completely unrelated to the purpose of DFI, not worth any discussion in the first place. The thread should have been closed at the outset. It is just more gratuitous USA bashing from a sullen, resentful and petulant Indian DFI member who has had a big chip on his shoulder and an anti-Yank attitude (for 2 years that I have seen). You saw an opportunity to pile on and I called you on it.

I don't need a lecture from you on how to comport myself here.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
No point in posting an article from 2009 without following it up with the resolution in 2012. The United States isn't perfect by any means, but how this case panned out just reinforces my faith in our inherent values. This is precisely how democratic institutions work. Civilian organizations use the judicial system to launch an investigation into a powerful governmental branch to recover monies illegally seized and then hold those government officials responsible for their actions. It must also be noted that although the entire suit reached its conclusion in 2012, Texas forfeiture and seizure laws were amended in 2011 due to public pressure along with financial disclosure laws which requires those police departments to account for each cent.
Like I said, our society has lots of problems (drug war being one of them), but at the end of the day the protection of property rights of a person residing in the United States is far greater than most other places around the world.

no smoking

Country flag
Like I said, our society has lots of problems (drug war being one of them), but at the end of the day the protection of property rights of a person residing in the United States is far greater than most other places around the world.
Since Europeans found america and later the independence of USA, your country has always been in an expansion status (land or overseas economic interest). In other world, USA was able to use its new benefit captured to compensate the pople in poverty or bottom. As long as poor people have their opportunities to grab their share in the new treatures, they won't have much motivation to attack or grab other countrymen's property, especially those rich.

Now, the things are changing. It is first time in USA's history, there is possibility that USA's total treasures are not increasing but shrinking. People no longer have the confidence about their future opportunities. Under this situation, how USA gov is going to deal with it is a big question even this possibility is still remote.

USA is still a yong country, which means there is a lot crisis or disasters it hasn't see yet. Protection of property right is only working when most of your population has their own properties to protect.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
Since Europeans found america and later the independence of USA, your country has always been in an expansion status (land or overseas economic interest). In other world, USA was able to use its new benefit captured to compensate the pople in poverty or bottom. As long as poor people have their opportunities to grab their share in the new treatures, they won't have much motivation to attack or grab other countrymen's property, especially those rich.

Now, the things are changing. It is first time in USA's history, there is possibility that USA's total treasures are not increasing but shrinking. People no longer have the confidence about their future opportunities. Under this situation, how USA gov is going to deal with it is a big question even this possibility is still remote.

USA is still a yong country, which means there is a lot crisis or disasters it hasn't see yet. Protection of property right is only working when most of your population has their own properties to protect.
I don't think you have a proper grasp of the concept of the protection property rights (at least in the context to which I'm referring to). You're referring to a scenario where an expansionist country uses its might to allow its population to engorge the wealth of poorer occupied colonies which in turn gives the poorer citizens of the wealthy country no motivation to attack/ grab and the property of their fellow richer countrymen (which is not how it really works btw). However this has nothing to do with my earlier post.

The protection of property rights I'm talking about refers to a philosophy and not physical property in the literal sense. The philosophy of protecting property rights in the United States dates back to its inception when anarchy and poverty reigned supreme, it was the adoption and implementation of this philosophy that led to the eventual success of the United States, not the other way round (as in success-> expansion-> looting-> property rights for own citizens). In fact it originated in full force precisely because the British robbed the American colonists of this right. Also the definition of property is not just limited to physical items in terms of land, expensive material goods, etc. but also intellectual property. This is why the United States even as a poor nation was so incredibly innovative. The foundation of this philosophy rests on a contract between the government and the citizens whereby appropriately designated property (backed up by a contract) cannot be seized. Just to clarify one thing though, the concept in question and its widespread application is not an American invention, it's a European one. But the founders of the United States did an excellent job in entrenching this concept into the fiber of the society. And trust me in spite of the current dip in growth (inevitable for countries that have already peaked) it isn't going anywhere. People all over the world have been predicting the collapse of the United States for decades on end, but in spite of numerous problems (30s and the 70s being way worse than now) the founding principles has kept the Untied States a significant force... and sorry to say, but this will not change. My comments aren't meant to be a display of mindless jingoism, but rather an acknowledgment of something truly exceptional, which is not to say it doesn't make me proud.

However in many other countries property rights still aren't secure. People in communist regimes saw their governments swoop in and nationalize everyone's properties at the blink of an eye. Other under developed nations suffer from feudalism (which denies property rights) or are so anarchic that property rights aren't even recognized let alone protected. Even a genuinely democratic nation like India which constitutionally bestows the protection of property rights doesn't have a law and order mechanism strong enough to prevent its violation from hostile government employes or crony capitalists. China and India (up to a certain extent) have experienced rapid growth through the export of manufactured goods and services, however the absence of true property rights and particularly intellectual property rights has curtailed innovation in spite of the high level of talent.

pmaitra

The Danger of Race
WRITTEN BY JOHN CAILE ON JULY 2, 2013.

When it comes to the potential impact of race on any case involving the use of lethal force, the George Zimmerman trial tells us quite a bit about the current American landscape, and should serve as a warning to everyone in the concealed carry and firearms community. Should you have the misfortune of being involved in a confrontation in which you wound or kill an attacker whose racial background differs from your own, it could become a huge problem for you.

The mainstream media's anti-gun bias is well-known, but even more damaging is their tendency to fuel racial animosity by seeking to frame many confrontations in racial terms. In addition, the incendiary comments by professional "race hustlers" like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson only serve to inflame tensions even further.

In the case of Zimmerman, even President Obama was only too quick to jump into the debate, immediately (and unnecessarily) announcing that if he had a son "he would look like Trayvon," sending the unmistakable message that his sympathies were with Martin, even before any salient facts were available.

But even more illuminating, sometimes even frightening, have been the comments by the public, especially on websites (including this one) that run stories on the case. If you do a quick scan of these sometimes downright scary pronouncements, you can reasonably draw several conclusions.

First, it is abundantly clear that most of these arm-chair quarterbacks know almost nothing about the actual facts surrounding the case. They make categorical statements that have no basis or evidence to support them, and they persist even after testimony by witnesses has clearly shown otherwise.

Second, there is an abysmal lack of understanding of the complexities, and the uncertainty, of self-defense law. Note the endless stream of "bumper-sticker" length statements, declaring with absolute certainty that "Zimmerman is guilty (or not guilty)" because of some single, isolated transgression by one of the participants in the confrontation. They seem completely oblivious of the most important reality of the American legal system, which is that no matter what YOU think the law says, it is the opinion of the jury that will ultimately determine Zimmerman's fate (and, as permit holders, potentially ours).

Finally, there are those postings (and "tweets") that take the race angle to an extreme. That so many people see the Zimmerman/Martin case as an issue of race is not surprising, given the fact that the race-obsessed media made it so from the beginning.

But the most genuinely disturbing comments have been from those self-identified as "black" or "African-American" that threaten violence if Zimmerman is not convicted. Some threaten Zimmerman directly, but others go further, saying they will "kill the first white boy I see." A sampling of these remarks can be viewed here.

The memory of the Rodney King rioting is still fresh in the minds of those old enough to remember. The last thing this country needs is a race war.

But the more immediate danger of such racial tension is that jurors in the Zimmerman case will feel pressured to find him guilty of something. They could refuse to convict him of 2nd Degree Murder, but go with some level of Manslaughter, just to avoid being the targets of vengeful Trayvon Martin supporters.

This situation should be of concern to every citizen, not just gun owners. For if the mere injection of race into a trial is sufficient to affect the outcome, we are all in trouble.

Source: https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/article-of-the-week/the-danger-of-race/

nrupatunga

Not exactly "on topic", but still....
[Tweet]364593433576357890[/Tweet]

Compersion

Country flag
Barack Obama elected to potus because of his African American background as well as his white background. There are African Americans that are hugely successful and doing well financially and socially and this is without any caste based system to help them. Give African Americans credit for what they have achieved. Its incredible story what they have done for themselves in peaceful way and the civil rights movements from 1950s to now. And for the whites to acknowledge that. Sure a lot still has to be done but I am sure in a country like USA they will be given the opportunity. You can say whatever but Americans in America like a smart, talented, and hard working person no matter what their race is. This situation over the killing of African American went through the legal process through a jury. I have not come across anything to say the legal system is racist.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles