Bhagvad Gita faces legal ban in Russia

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
It was not against the courts or a state but it was against the Church brain behind this offence. I hope the church behind this idiocy if have some shame left wouldn't cross the limit, otherwise the reaction will be seen at many places where ever Hindus live. Mind it.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Nope. I don't know when you went.

But I was in Kuwait, Bahrain & Qatar during 2010 Ramzan and I was specifically instructed by my higher ups not to have food outside my room - either in streets or in office.

That one month was the worst period in my life.
No doubt you were eating vegetables....thats what pissed them off.

lemontree

Professional
It was not against the courts or a state but it was against the Church brain behind this offence. I hope the church behind this idiocy if have some shame left wouldn't cross the limit, otherwise the reaction will be seen at many places where ever Hindus live. Mind it.
Every reaction has an equal and opposite reaction.....

hit&run

Mod
Every reaction has an equal and opposite reaction.....
Indeed

This is what we are doing. And will do it again if anyone will cross the line. Its all about who did the reaction to receive the opposite reaction. Hindus I can bet will be giving the opposite reaction not the reaction.

People can talk politically correct here I doubt a person who carefully planed to invoke a legal prosecution against Bhagwat Gita was Idiot not to understand its fluid and not so self containing repercussions and wasn't a Christian following a specific Church.

Last edited:

lemontree

Professional
This is what we are doing. And will do it again if anyone will cross the line. Its all about who did the reaction to receive the opposite reaction. Hindus I can bet will be giving the opposite reaction not the reaction.
So what has the reaction been in J&K?
People can talk politically correct here I doubt a person who carefully planed to invoke a legal prosecution against Bhagwat Gita was Idiot not to understand its fluid and not so self containing repercussions and wasn't a Christian following a specific Church.
That Russian is as big an idiot as Praveen Togadia, no difference between them.

hit&run

Mod
So what has the reaction been in J&K?

That Russian is as big an idiot as Praveen Togadia, no difference between them.
I got your point, Actually i know your point.

I am a religious person irrespective of knowing how it can polarize society. Religion is a reality and I deal with it rather than becoming an atheist who hates it or someone who thinks it doesn't exists at all. In my theory such societies with different religious engagements can check each other by means of protest or levelling scores, if offended without provocation. Religion can not be debated in courts of law with scientific arguments. A victim has to develop a deterrence which go beyond demanding protection of a state, constitution or judiciary. A Christian or a Hindu co existing with other religious groups some where else in a pocket of his own majority would have a common sense that if he is sensitive for his religion then someone else some where is too.

For this particular case I was talking about one specific church and its pupils. I do not think their actions should be defended by anyone.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Russian court dismisses case seeking Gita ban

NEW DELHI: A court in Russia has dismissed a case that sought a ban on the Bhagwad Gita. Hindus in Russia on Wednesday won the case when Tomsk city court in Siberia dismissed the plea from state prosecutors.

The court rejected the appeal against a Dec 27 verdict given by a lower court in Tomsk...
Russian court dismisses case seeking Gita ban - The Economic Times

Russian court rejects petition seeking ban on Bhagavad Gita

A court in Russia has dismissed a case that sought a ban on the Bhagwad Gita.

Hindus in Russia on Wednesday won the case when Tomsk city court in Siberia dismissed the plea from state prosecutors.

The court rejected the appeal against a December 27 verdict given by a lower court in Tomsk...
Russian court rejects petition seeking ban on Bhagavad Gita : North News - India Today

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Re: Massive Russian Military Movement

Our so called friend the Russians have done this
Krishna yet to win Russian hearts - The Hindu
Yes. The ruskies came through as unlike USA in DK case the russ ambassador openly condemned the move, and ultimately the case was squashed. The central govt. cannot monitor every action of every official. However the intention of the govt. can be assessed by their action after a fiasco is made to happen by one of its officials. In that regard Russia passed the test.

One has to remember that expecting all russians to favour India is ridiculous considering the no. of Indians who detest russia as evident in this forum, although Rus has never hurt India any major way. Also the surprising no. of yankee lovers here despite USA's continuous effort to screw india!

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned

Yes. The ruskies came through as unlike USA in DK case the russ ambassador openly condemned the move, and ultimately the case was squashed. The central govt. cannot monitor every action of every official. However the intention of the govt. can be assessed by their action after a fiasco is made to happen by one of its officials. In that regard Russia passed the test.

One has to remember that expecting all russians to favour India is ridiculous considering the no. of Indians who detest russia as evident in this forum, although Rus has never hurt India any major way. Also the surprising no. of yankee lovers here despite USA's continuous effort to screw india!
Russians are the most racist people in the world! However, Indians do not understand Russian mindset! Russians consider themselves saviours of Europe and the protector of the white race! The comon Russian has no love for India or Indians!

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Russians are the most racist people in the world! However, Indians do not understand Russian mindset! Russians consider themselves saviours of Europe and the protector of the white race! The comon Russian has no love for India or Indians!
The other day you said Japanese are the most racist people, will you make up your mind ? :lol:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Our so called friend the Russians have done this
Krishna yet to win Russian hearts - The Hindu
Before spewing your anti-Russian hatred, care to read the thread ?

1. It is not the BG that some people tried to ban, but an interpretation of the BG known as BG As It is.
2. The case has been dismissed by the Russian court, that means the book has not been banned.

Last edited:

pmaitra

@Razor, I move that post here, because @Peter had posted it in the Russian Military Movement thread, which made his post off-topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

Anybody forced to interact with you would turn racist. I was becoming racist too, only I realised I cannot be racist against myself - you know as you claim to be an ex-Indian.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Before spewing your anti-Russian hatred, care to read the thread ?

1. It is not the BG that some people tried to ban, but an interpretation of the BG known as BG As It is.
2. The case has been dismissed by the Russian court, that means the book has not been banned.
So what about the demolition of Hindu temples in Russia.Last year an ISKCON temple was demolished.A Russian priest declared that Krishna was a "a livid lascivious youth",the personified power of hell opposing God" and "An EVIL DEMON".Not only that, ISKCON and Hindu devotees have been harassed by Russian authorities for a long time.Now do you find such behavior in USA.Just ask a few people there if they are coerced into another religion like Christianity.Well my relatives have said that none of them faced religious persecution there.You have probably heard the saying that America is a land of no religion.The same cannot be said of Russia.The Russian Orthodox Church has a large impact there.
Check out this links

Save Moscow Temple - HomE
ISKCON News: ISKCON Moscow Faces Uncertain Future

"The threats stopped, but letters demanding that they leave the premises continued to arrive. Devotees were given until October 15th, 2013 to demolish their temporary buildings themselves, or the government would have a commercial construction company carry out the demolition at a high cost to the ISKCON Moscow congregation."

"In the meantime, devotees are working day and night to demolish their Dinamo property so that the city authorities don't demolish it themselves at a huge cost to ISKCON. The festival tent, offices, and brahmachari ashram are already gone -- there's only one building left, housing the temple room and kitchen. Some fifty brahmacharis have been relocated to a cheap house on the outskirts of Moscow -- all the community can afford."

Huh our so called Hindi-Russki bye bye.You may say I may distort facts to show Russia in a bad light but at least ISKCON news website won`t lie.As I have said before the morally corrupt USA with so many faults would be a much better ally than the religious minded and bigoted Russia.

I want everyone who was supporting Russia to see this links and read ISKCON news.
@Razor @jackprince @ubuntu

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

So what about the demolition of Hindu temples in Russia.Last year an ISKCON temple was demolished.A Russian priest declared that Krishna was a "a livid lascivious youth",the personified power of hell opposing God" and "An EVIL DEMON".Not only that, ISKCON and Hindu devotees have been harassed by Russian authorities for a long time.Now do you find such behavior in USA.Just ask a few people there if they are coerced into another religion like Christianity.Well my relatives have said that none of them faced religious persecution there.You have probably heard the saying that America is a land of no religion.The same cannot be said of Russia.The Russian Orthodox Church has a large impact there.
Check out this links

Save Moscow Temple - HomE
ISKCON News: ISKCON Moscow Faces Uncertain Future

"The threats stopped, but letters demanding that they leave the premises continued to arrive. Devotees were given until October 15th, 2013 to demolish their temporary buildings themselves, or the government would have a commercial construction company carry out the demolition at a high cost to the ISKCON Moscow congregation."

"In the meantime, devotees are working day and night to demolish their Dinamo property so that the city authorities don't demolish it themselves at a huge cost to ISKCON. The festival tent, offices, and brahmachari ashram are already gone -- there's only one building left, housing the temple room and kitchen. Some fifty brahmacharis have been relocated to a cheap house on the outskirts of Moscow -- all the community can afford."

Huh our so called Hindi-Russki bye bye.You may say I may distort facts to show Russia in a bad light but at least ISKCON news website won`t lie.As I have said before the morally corrupt USA with so many faults would be a much better ally than the religious minded and bigoted Russia.

I want everyone who was supporting Russia to see this links and read ISKCON news.
@Razor @jackprince @ubuntu
Did you expect Russia to be some perfect world or something.
Many Russians (even though agnostic/atheist) associate the Russian Orthodox Church as part of their identity. It has a nationalistic side attached to it in Russia and therefore opposition to this is only natural. I think Hindu Indians would also be pissed when US funded evangelists run around trying to bag converts (does Russia do this btw ). Russian view is kinda like, we can be friends but you don't interfere in my business and I won't interfere in yours.
Regarding the temple I think the case is still ongoing.
And also don't think the US is some perfect country either. Temples, mosques and gurudwaras and people have been attacked.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Did you expect Russia to be some perfect world or something.
Many Russians (even though agnostic/atheist) associate the Russian Orthodox Church as part of their identity. It has a nationalistic side attached to it in Russia and therefore opposition to this is only natural. I think Hindu Indians would also be pissed when US funded evangelists run around trying to bag converts (does Russia do this btw ). Russian view is kinda like, we can be friends but you don't interfere in my business and I won't interfere in yours.
Regarding the temple I think the case is still ongoing.
And also don't think the US is some perfect country either. Temples, mosques and gurudwaras and people have been attacked.
The temple complex was demolished.Only a few buildings remain. Yes I do admit US is no saint either.However the kind of religious or media freedom see in in US is not seen in Russia.Now media freedom may not be good always(Kejriwal interview) but religious freedom is an important thing.Anyway if majority Indians like Russia then its ok with me.I just doubt India`s alliance with Russia because I feel Russia is not as strong as US.Hope when we become a superpower we don`t need allies.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

The temple complex was demolished.Only a few buildings remain. Yes I do admit US is no saint either.However the kind of religious or media freedom see in in US is not seen in Russia.Now media freedom may not be good always(Kejriwal interview) but religious freedom is an important thing.Anyway if majority Indians like Russia then its ok with me.I just doubt India`s alliance with Russia because I feel Russia is not as strong as US.Hope when we become a superpower we don`t need allies.
We should be in alliance with Russians so long as it serves us. Throw them once they have been exhausted. India has suffered enough from both USA and Russia and respective "philes" of both. If our economy, culture, society are all faced with such crisis, it is because of Russia. The Indian intellectuals who are mostly commies and in a country of Buddha and Ramakrishna Paramhans, worship a detestable man(demon) called Stalin have been in honeymoon with Russia ever since Nehru visited that nation.
I do not care as Russia will be a third rate country in coming years. Russians have no quality except suffering lot of pain and having won a single war( even then Germans were facing enemies from all sides).
I know politics is a dirty animal but just think of Poland and Ukraine and how much they have suffered due to Russian high handedness.
We Indians are not Switzerland or Nepal and we have a size and potential of becoming a power which can literally buy Russia , only if we look at our strength and have a feeling of intense hatred against USA and Russia. The Russians asked us to beg for Gorshakova and this event should have filled Indians with indignation but it seems my theory ( you know what I mean) is correct.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

Russians are most aggressive land grabbers in world only to be matched by sons of Han. The elites of both nations are renowned for using their population as cannon fodder. Russia has a very high crime rate.
I would like our Russophiles to go to Russia, study in Russian language and work there if Americans are so racist with them.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles