Bhagvad Gita faces legal ban in Russia

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Re: Massive Russian Military Movement

Russians are most aggressive land grabbers in world only to be matched by sons of Han. The elites of both nations are renowned for using their population as cannon fodder. Russia has a very high crime rate.
I would like our Russophiles to go to Russia, study in Russian language and work there if Americans are so racist with them.
I agree with you on Russia completely.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

Russians are most aggressive land grabbers in world only to be matched by sons of Han. The elites of both nations are renowned for using their population as cannon fodder. Russia has a very high crime rate.
I would like our Russophiles to go to Russia, study in Russian language and work there if Americans are so racist with them.
I( have several friends who have done their Medicine in Russia. Their view of Russia is quite the opposite. They say Russians are really nice people

sam80

Well you generalizing they are not like Chinese . Neither they are aggressive land Grabbers of someone else.

1. I am sure Russian would never let that Happen (ban on geeta)

2. We need to check more fact Must few Christen Extremist there trying this thing.

3 . We need to search about this guy "Swami Prabhupada" they trying to ban his Translation is he causing any Provocation there ? Like Christen do in Indian tribal areas "Aggressive Conversions " something.

IT'S Not GEETA It's Swami Prabhupada's Version of Geeta .

Second option is most possible .

Last edited:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Well you generalizing they are not like Chinese . Neither they are aggressive land Grabbers of someone else.

2. We need to check more fact Must few Christen Extremist there trying this thing.

3 . We need to search about this guy "Swami Prabhupada" they trying to ban his Translation is he causing any Provocation there ? Like Christen do in Indian tribal areas "Aggressive Conversions " something.

Actually Russians are demolishing hindu temple.Check my earlier post(#176) for links and also go to ISKCON website.Whatever they may try we must be wary.
ISKCON News: ISKCON Moscow Faces Uncertain Future
Save Moscow Temple - HomE

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

I( have several friends who have done their Medicine in Russia. Their view of Russia is quite the opposite. They say Russians are really nice people
I did not say Russians were bullies beating ordinary students. I said that historically, Russia and China have annexed lands of other people into their domain and they are far ahead in this. British rule over India was terrible but Russian rule over Ukraine was hellish.
Common people everywhere have some external politeness except among Arabs who are quite aggressive.

jalsa

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

Orthodox Church has a history of butality which will make guys like Aurangzeb child so your equating Christian proselytization with Hindus doing some of dancing and singing for Krishna is not that great.
I do not like fanatic ISKON myself and know that Geeta will not be banned. The part that is considered offensive is that Prabhupada equated Jesus as one of the avatars(I have Hindi version of Geeta written by him) and this was enough for orthodox Christians to get pissed ff.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

Don't worry man. West Bengal will be Hindu Minority State in few decades and it will be banned there too, why blame Russians now.
Three decades atleast.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

@sam80
What about Siberia, Crimea(I am talking about czar era), Baltic states and that detestable "rape of Poland". It is not that they are any less( they are more) aggressive land grabbers than USA, it was just their incompetence that led to this debacle. Siberia though is still colonized and original inhabitants have been sent to hell in large numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Don't worry man. West Bengal will be Hindu Minority State in few decades and it will be banned there too, why blame Russians now.
Look brother,don`t worry about Bengal.If God wants then Bengal can prosper and become a powerful state even with Hindu minority.Personally I have no problem with a Hindu minority Bengal even though I am a Hindu.

Coming to the topic,what is astonishing is the Russians are persecuting the ISKCON devotees who are peaceful in nature.There is an ISKCON temple in Bengal and I have gone there.The devotees only talk about non violence and peace and they do not try to enforce their beliefs on you.They engage in charity and feed the poor,but they do not force people to convert to their sect.How can the Russians have anything against such a organization which only spreads the message of peace.Its not like they are blowing up buildings and terrorizing people.Just shows the true violent nature of Russians.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Look brother,don`t worry about Bengal.If God wants then Bengal can prosper and become a powerful state even with Hindu minority.Personally I have no problem with a Hindu minority Bengal even though I am a Hindu.
Lol, have fun then.

Coming to the topic,what is astonishing is the Russians are persecuting the ISKCON devotees who are peaceful in nature.There is an ISKCON temple in Bengal and I have gone there.The devotees only talk about non violence and peace and they do not try to enforce their beliefs on you.They engage in charity and feed the poor,but they do not force people to convert to their sect.How can the Russians have anything against such a organization which only spreads the message of peace.Its not like they are blowing up buildings and terrorizing people.Just shows the true violent nature of Russians.
Dude, I already told you the temple was demolished because they were to be given some new land somewhere else in the city. The case is still ongoing.
Anyway if it is peace and non-violence hippie stuff, then I hope the Russians resist it with full force. :lol:

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Russians are nice people as long as you don't interfere with their business (or way of life.) I find nothing wrong in that.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned

I did not say Russians were bullies beating ordinary students. I said that historically, Russia and China have annexed lands of other people into their domain and they are far ahead in this. British rule over India was terrible but Russian rule over Ukraine was hellish.
Common people everywhere have some external politeness except among Arabs who are quite aggressive.
That's true. Arabs are the black sheep of humanity. Even Russians are polite and aware of certain social conventions. Probably why Arabs are hated so much.

happy

Orthodox Church has a history of butality which will make guys like Aurangzeb child so your equating Christian proselytization with Hindus doing some of dancing and singing for Krishna is not that great.
I do not like fanatic ISKON myself and know that Geeta will not be banned. The part that is considered offensive is that Prabhupada equated Jesus as one of the avatars(I have Hindi version of Geeta written by him) and this was enough for orthodox Christians to get pissed ff.
Well, I have visited ISKON at Rajahmundry along with my friends a few years back and I have seen the Jesus equation. While I have not been offended by it, I thought it was quite a novel idea. Anyway, I am not Orthodox myself, so may be my liberal view.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

Russians are nice people as long as you don't interfere with their business (or way of life.) I find nothing wrong in that.
And Unlike the europeans and the americans which a few nutheads and wannabes here worship, they dont look down on us. They seem to have a huge respect for us , Indians:thumb:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Lol, have fun then.

Dude, I already told you the temple was demolished because they were to be given some new land somewhere else in the city. The case is still ongoing.
Anyway if it is peace and non-violence hippie stuff, then I hope the Russians resist it with full force. :lol:
The land for the temple will not be given in all probability.Also ISKCON is a religious movement which spreads awareness about Sri Krishna.(International Society For Krishna Consciousness).Please do not call it a non violence hippie stuff as you did in a previous post.The Bhagvad Gita it publishes mostly adheres to the general interpretation you and I would know of.Only its more suited for Western audiences.

As for Russian people being "nice" just check out this wiki article on Indians in Russia and discrimination.

Indians in Russia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Discrimination

"A deep concern for the Russian Indian community is the rise of racism in post-Soviet Russia. The media has identified several instances where Indians were the victims – one was reportedly killed in St Petersberg. Most recently there was the murder of 23-year-old medical student Atish Kumar Ramgoolam, an Indian from Mauritius. Another incident where Nitesh Kumar Singh, a sixth-year Indian student from the Mechnikov Medical Academy in St Petersburg, was fatally stabbed by a group of eight masked persons in front of his hostel building.[3]
Racist attacks on students of South Asian origin from Suriname and Guyana are also reported. Neo-Nazi groups in Russia have threatened and attacked not just Indians but other non-whites in general such as Chinese, Vietnamese and Pakistanis.[4] The Russian government has assured to take all steps to ensure security of Indians in that country after New Delhi conveyed its concerns over their safety.[5]
Another concern is that relating to the establishment of Indian religious and cultural institutions, particularly the proposed construction of a Hindu temple on Hodinskoye Pole in Moscow which has led to heated discussion in Russian society."
@Razor @Mad Indian

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

The land for the temple will not be given in all probability.Also ISKCON is a religious movement which spreads awareness about Sri Krishna.(International Society For Krishna Consciousness).Please do not call it a non violence hippie stuff as you did in a previous post.The Bhagvad Gita it publishes mostly adheres to the general interpretation you and I would know of.Only its more suited for Western audiences.
You say "the land for the temple will not be given in all probability". Why are you crying foul before a verdict has been reached in the case ? Simply shows your inherent bias and anti-Russia attitude.
Same thing happened with the BG case, with people saying stuff like they banned BG (again it was an interpretation of BG) when finally the verdict came out the courts ruled in favor of BG (ie hindus).
As for peace hippie stuff, I think religion is a waste of time and an insult to human intelligence.

As for Russian people being "nice" just check out this wiki article on Indians in Russia and discrimination.

Indians in Russia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Discrimination

"A deep concern for the Russian Indian community is the rise of racism in post-Soviet Russia. The media has identified several instances where Indians were the victims – one was reportedly killed in St Petersberg. Most recently there was the murder of 23-year-old medical student Atish Kumar Ramgoolam, an Indian from Mauritius. Another incident where Nitesh Kumar Singh, a sixth-year Indian student from the Mechnikov Medical Academy in St Petersburg, was fatally stabbed by a group of eight masked persons in front of his hostel building.[3]
Racist attacks on students of South Asian origin from Suriname and Guyana are also reported. Neo-Nazi groups in Russia have threatened and attacked not just Indians but other non-whites in general such as Chinese, Vietnamese and Pakistanis.[4] The Russian government has assured to take all steps to ensure security of Indians in that country after New Delhi conveyed its concerns over their safety.[5]
Another concern is that relating to the establishment of Indian religious and cultural institutions, particularly the proposed construction of a Hindu temple on Hodinskoye Pole in Moscow which has led to heated discussion in Russian society."
@Razor @Mad Indian
Again cherry picking some incidents in Russia. One can find numerous such incidents for the US by simply doing a google search (for starters try dotbusters).
Recently, a friend of mine in the US had his faced smashed in as he was standing in front of his ----ing house while he was talking to his parents on the phone.
So don't try to sell this; there are violent people everywhere, no country is an exception.
Maybe you can try keeping your anti-Russia bias and hatred aside while discussion take place, it helps think clearly.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

And Unlike the europeans and the americans which a few nutheads and wannabes here worship, they dont look down on us. They seem to have a huge respect for us , Indians:thumb:
What I, and people in general, respect is sincerity and presence of backbone. The Russians have both; euros and ameriks esp the ones in power can't even spell sincerity.
Maybe India can sometime in the future have a backbone but a lot of it depends on leadership.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

What I, and people in general, respect is sincerity and presence of backbone. The Russians have both; euros and ameriks esp the ones in power can't even spell sincerity.
Maybe India can sometime in the future have a backbone but a lot of it depends on leadership.
Maybe this can better be explained in Russia thread.However what I want to know how Russians have sincerity and backbone and US does not?Can you care to explain.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Maybe this can better be explained in Russia thread.However what I want to know how Russians have sincerity and backbone and US does not?Can you care to explain.
Dude, history over the last 2 decades has shown what the US interests are, how much the US respects other nations and their interests , how much sincerity they have in actually solving global issues and how they go about doing it. If you have not observed these by yourself, then there is no point in me trying to prove anything to you.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles