Attacks on Tamil Nadu fishermen by Sri Lankan navy

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I dont know these days, whenever i post some thing about the Tamils of India, people get confused, specially the mods, and take it as the tamils of Lanka:notsure:, to the point that they derailed the thread on British Racism.

Wonder why no infraction is given to them or their posts deleted:notsure:

pmaitra

I dont know these days, whenever i post some thing about the Tamils of India, people get confused, specially the mods, and take it as the tamils of Lanka:notsure:, to the point that they derailed the thread on British Racism.

Wonder why no infraction is given to them or their posts deleted:notsure:
Why :notsure:? Why don't you read post #166 and go back? You don't read what others write; moreover, you don't even double check what YOU write. You don't check before posting. Even after posting, you can always go back and edit, you don't even do that.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
You're right.

All right, I think you are too excited and making typos.

First of all, if TN fishermen stray into SL waters and IN follows into SL waters to protect these fishermen, it will be seen as an incursion. We don't like when incursion happens from PRC or Pakistan, SL won't like it either.

If SL fishermen fish in Indian waters, it is a loss for TN fishermen and that is where IN should go in and chase the SL fishermen away and protect the Indian waters for TN/Indian fishermen alone. Same thing applies in case of SL Navy and SL fishermen.
That was keralite was killed from the International waters by the Italian Marines? But that dint stop us from prosecuting the Italians?

And no, chasing the Fishermen and Shooting them off is too differant. But we have to show sympathy for the Lankans right?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Why :notsure:? Why don't you read post #166 and go back? You don't read what others write; moreover, you don't even double check what YOU write. You don't check before posting. Even after posting, you can always go back and edit, you don't even do that.
I am not talking about you in this dude:. Go to the http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/international-politics/33572-britain-racist-country-5.html#post452504 Thread.

Sry i meant the TN fishermen here. But not on that thread, so why that thread was Trolled?

Last edited:

pmaitra

That was keralite was killed from the International waters by the Italian Marines? But that dint stop us from prosecuting the Italians?
That happened in Indian Waters. Did SL Navy come into Indian Waters and kill TN fishermen? Did you read the news article? Why don't you go back and read instead of posting drivel.

And no, chasing the Fishermen and Shooting them off is too differant. But we have to show sympathy for the Lankans right?
What? What is the meaning of this? Where have I said this? Quote me.

lemontree

Professional
And then they wonder why we hate those barbarians...

Seriously, fack rules...TN govt must allow our fishermen to be armed...if Navy or Coast Guard cant/wont protect our fishermen let us defend ourselves.
So what is stopping the TN police from sending armed guards with fishing flotillas?
The truth is that the state govt could'nt careless, they want more fishermen to die so that the LTTE can be re-created in TN by the DMK.

If that happens, then we will have another insurgency in TN.

plugwater

You're right.

All right, I think you are too excited and making typos.

First of all, if TN fishermen stray into SL waters and IN follows into SL waters to protect these fishermen, it will be seen as an incursion. We don't like when incursion happens from PRC or Pakistan, SL won't like it either.

If SL fishermen fish in Indian waters, it is a loss for TN fishermen and that is where IN should go in and chase the SL fishermen away and protect the Indian waters for TN/Indian fishermen alone. Same thing applies in case of SL Navy and SL fishermen.
First there are no proof that Tamil nadu fishermen went inside SL waters and even if they do(could happen cos fishermen dont use GPS etc and the sea is so narrow sometimes you dont know where you are) there is no need to attack them. This has been going on for many years its worrying that GoI is turning a blind eye whenever this incidents happen.

pmaitra

First there are no proof that Tamil nadu fishermen went inside SL waters and even if they do(could happen cos fishermen dont use GPS etc and the sea is so narrow sometimes you dont know where you are) there is no need to attack them. This has been going on for many years its worrying that GoI is turning a blind eye whenever this incidents happen.
That is what the article said.

True, much of it is most likely speculation. Since there is lack of proof of so many things, especially where these incidents happen, what are we going to discuss?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
That happened in Indian Waters. Did SL Navy come into Indian Waters and kill TN fishermen? Did you read the news article? Why don't you go back and read instead of posting drivel.
But that Marine shot his Guns from the International waters no, about 28 km from the coast?

What? What is the meaning of this? Where have I said this? Quote me.
Do you take everything literally? I replied for your post that IN will warn and scare away the SL fishermen too if they strayed here. Thats why i asked you whether Scaring off the Fishermen and killing them are same?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
So what is stopping the TN police from sending armed guards with fishing flotillas?
The truth is that the state govt could'nt careless, they want more fishermen to die so that the LTTE can be re-created in TN by the DMK.

If that happens, then we will have another insurgency in TN
Made my day :pound::pound:. So we have become the insurgent state now eh??

KS

Bye bye DFI
Something called rules ? I though defence is the mandate of the Center and not State...and that is precisely why I said "Fack the rules".

If that happens, then we will have another insurgency in TN.
huh..are you all right ?

pmaitra

But that Marine shot his Guns from the International waters no, about 28 km from the coast?
That Italian case was different. The fishermen were inside Indian waters, regardless where the shooter was.

Moreover, IIRC, those two fishermen were killed in Kerala's waters, but were from TN. (I could be wrong)

Do you take everything literally? I replied for your post that IN will warn and scare away the SL fishermen too if they strayed here. Thats why i asked you whether Scaring off the Fishermen and killing them are same?
No, you have a point. Although I am no fan of killing, no matter Indian or SL, IN (or Coast Guard) should be authorised to fire upon any boat coming into Indian waters, be it near Mumbai, TN, ..., you name it - anywhere along the coastline.

lemontree

Professional
Something called rules ? I though defence is the mandate of the Center and not State...and that is precisely why I said "Fack the rules".
Dont hide behind rules...there are no rules which state that state citizens cannot be protected from "pirates". Hence armed police person can accompany fishermen.

huh..are you all right ?
Why does it surprise you?...dont politicians use parochial interests to their benefit.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Dont hide behind rules...there are no rules which state that state citizens cannot be protected from "pirates". Hence armed police person can accompany fishermen.
A police man for every bunch of fishermen:lol:. Is that easier than confronting the SL with some balls?

Why does it surprise you?...dont politicians use parochial interests to their benefit.
:rotflmao:If a Party says that In TN, they will not get even a single vote. We are not in Kashmir you know?

aerokan

Country flag
@pmaitra: The incident involving the italians shooting indian fishermen happened in international waters. Beyond 22 kms, it is international waters but still belongs to the Indian Economic Exclusive zone.

To all those who vigorously justify the justifications of Indian govt. regarding the killings of TN fishermen by SL,how hard it will be for Indian govt to do a simple thing like calling the SL diplomat and sending SL a cable to stop shooting for every person now that LTTE has died down. If GOI has any sensible candidates in their ministry, they would add a side note saying this is the kind of attitude that made India vote against SL. The minimum they can do is ask them to stop shooting indiscriminately and asking them to arrest instead of killing those strayed out fishermen, since India and SL are not hostile countries. Atleast that will give an opportunity for the SL govt to prove their words are not just words and they are serious of what they say abt friendship with India all the time. This is a simple litmus test.

For the nutheads who didn't understand the above, here are a few points to question before supporting SL actions:
Is SL Navy that weak that their patrol boats can't overwhelm or outspeed and capture a few fishermen??
Isn't capturing and bringing LTTE fishermen(assuming SL is one frakking paranoid country) and persecuting them within their legal framework makes them heroes and shows the international community that the threat(assumptions again) isn't finished yet??
How hard and how costly it is for Indian Govt to put floating blocks with small solar based LED or reflectors tied to small ballons to be floated at high altitudes to be visible to the fishermen and warn that they are reaching the international boundary??
Hardly anyone responded back with a good reason why the treatment is different to fishermen going near SL and Pakistan. Maybe it's time people acknowledge the bias of GoI

pmaitra

@pmaitra: The incident involving the italians shooting indian fishermen happened in international waters. Beyond 22 kms, it is international waters but still belongs to the Indian Economic Exclusive zone.
I think you are reiterating the Italian point of view, not Indian.

India disputes this, saying the incident happened in waters under its jurisdiction.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...g-boat-2-tn-fishermen-dead-21.html#post441848

Killing of fishermen by Italian naval guards a terrorist act: Kerala high court
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...g-boat-2-tn-fishermen-dead-24.html#post450366

To all those who vigorously justify the justifications of Indian govt. regarding the killings of TN fishermen by SL,how hard it will be for Indian govt to do a simple thing like calling the SL diplomat and sending SL a cable to stop shooting for every person now that LTTE has died down. If GOI has any sensible candidates in their ministry, they would add a side note saying this is the kind of attitude that made India vote against SL. The minimum they can do is ask them to stop shooting indiscriminately and asking them to arrest instead of killing those strayed out fishermen, since India and SL are not hostile countries. Atleast that will give an opportunity for the SL govt to prove their words are not just words and they are serious of what they say abt friendship with India all the time. This is a simple litmus test.

For the nutheads who didn't understand the above, here are a few points to question before supporting SL actions:
Is SL Navy that weak that their patrol boats can't overwhelm or outspeed and capture a few fishermen??
Isn't capturing and bringing LTTE fishermen(assuming SL is one frakking paranoid country) and persecuting them within their legal framework makes them heroes and shows the international community that the threat(assumptions again) isn't finished yet??
How hard and how costly it is for Indian Govt to put floating blocks with small solar based LED or reflectors tied to small ballons to be floated at high altitudes to be visible to the fishermen and warn that they are reaching the international boundary??
Hardly anyone responded back with a good reason why the treatment is different to fishermen going near SL and Pakistan. Maybe it's time people acknowledge the bias of GoI
Nobody is offering any justification for the killings of Indian fishermen. You are, just like that news paper, maligning India by making malafide and false accusations.

aerokan

Country flag
I think you are reiterating the Italian point of view, not Indian.

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...g-boat-2-tn-fishermen-dead-21.html#post441848

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...g-boat-2-tn-fishermen-dead-24.html#post450366

Nobody is offering any justification for the killings of Indian fishermen. You are, just like that news paper, maligning India by making malafide and false accusations.
Whether i am referring to indian or italian point of view, it doesn't matter much. Even though it is in the international waters, international law still favors Indian judicial proceedings in this particular case.

Would u mind rereading my post again?? First i didn't refer u specifically for the last 2 paras. But if u fit in that particular category, then i suggest u reread the line u highlighted again and last para as well since u haven't got what i wrote. i would suggest answering the questions i raised first. And do i look like a chinese to you to justify whatever the govt does is right?? I would be glad to know what malafide and false accusations i made. Even TOI(let) or other super-biased newspaper can't lie 100% of time. If there is reason to believe that the actions of the govt are inadequate, why shouldn't u question it? It seems u are drunk on some imported from china drink before posting. Otherwise i don't see a reason why u are adapting selective blindness and chinese logic!! :taunt:

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles