Aryan Invasion Hypothesis

Menhit

Re: Aryan-Dravidian divide a myth: Study

It solves the mystery of genetic composition of most Indians which means they are basically same people from South to North but, it cannot solve the linguistic difference between North-South India i.e. how Indo European language like Sanskrit landed up in India? And how North Indians started speaking Indo Aryan languages?

Srinivas_K

Country flag

It solves the mystery of genetic composition of most Indians which means they are basically same people from South to North but, it cannot solve the linguistic difference between North-South India i.e. how Indo European language like Sanskrit landed up in India? And how North Indians started speaking Indo Aryan languages?
Indo European is a term used by Europeans and the classification is also done by them. Sanskrit and the works done on it are exclusive to South Asia region. So to link Sanskrit to Europeans is not correct.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag

Linguistics is a secondary while genetics is a primary evidence.

Waffen SS

Aryan invasion indeed happened, Aryans were outside of India.

If Aryans were Indians then at first they would have surely want to Aryanize entire India before moving to Europe and Persia, but it did not happen, South India for a long time was Dravidian. Why with out making entire India completely Aryanized why Aryans left India?

I have no doubt that Aryans came from Central Asia's Steppe area. Then Indus Valley Civilization was declining, Aryans attacked and conquered it, then they tried to move further East, got resistance from Tribes whom Aryans called Anaryas, and heavily exaggerated Tribes out lines.

Varna system was mainly made to stop a mixed people of Aryans and non-Aryans. This way Anulom marriage and Pratilom marriage system came.

Aryan's one God is Indra- It is said he had destroyed many "Purs"(town) so he is called "Purandar". Indus Valley civilization was indeed in city based civilization.

It is said Barun Devta defeated a large giant which was holding river's water. It indicates the dam which Indus Valley civilization made, was destroyed by Aryans.

Last edited:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Aryan invasion indeed happened, Aryans were outside of India.

If Aryans were Indians then at first they would have surely want to Aryanize entire India before moving to Europe and Persia, but it did not happen, South India for a long time was Dravidian. Why with out making entire India completely Aryanized why Aryans left India?

I have no doubt that Aryans came from Central Asia's Steppe area. Then Indus Valley Civilization was declining, Aryans attacked and conquered it, then they tried to move further East, got resistance from Tribes whom Aryans called Anaryas, and heavily exaggerated Tribes out lines.

Varna system was mainly made to stop a mixed people of Aryans and non-Aryans. This way Anulom marriage and Pratilom marriage system came.

Aryan's one God is Indra- It is said he had destroyed many "Purs"(town) so he is called "Purandar". Indus Valley civilization was indeed in city based civilization.

It is said Barun Devta defeated a large giant which was holding river's water. It indicates the dam which Indus Valley civilization made, was destroyed by Aryans.

Aryanizing?!!!

I am not going to do the hard work of quoting all the excerpts/links etc. that are available freely in the web which completely demolishes the Aryan invasion theory. Anyway I am not crticising you, since I had the almost same view till a few years back - actually till I was chewed out and handed my ass to me by one of the members in this very forum.

Anyway more an more historians, who have been pulling down their blinders of distorted western teaching and their indian disciples' preaching, are more inclined to accept Aryan Migration theory rather than Aryan Invasion Theory.

I am just asking you to go online and study the Aryan Migration Theory. I don't have all the links that I, myself, have studied readily available. But do try.

Waffen SS

Aryanizing?!!!

I am not going to do the hard work of quoting all the excerpts/links etc. that are available freely in the web which completely demolishes the Aryan invasion theory. Anyway I am not crticising you, since I had the almost same view till a few years back - actually till I was chewed out and handed my ass to me by one of the members in this very forum.

Anyway more an more historians, who have been pulling down their blinders of distorted western teaching and their indian disciples' preaching, are more inclined to accept Aryan Migration theory rather than Aryan Invasion Theory.

I am just asking you to go online and study the Aryan Migration Theory. I don't have all the links that I, myself, have studied readily available. But do try.
Aryans actually migrated to India but they did it with Military.

Aryans knew use of horse which Indus Valley people did not know. So we can find very few evidence of horse in IVC, all in later stages. If Aryans were Indians like people of IVC then hence Aryans knew use of horse people of IVC would also know use of horse, but it did not happen. Horse we cant find easily in India, what we find that is elephant. Even Sultans and Mughals had to regularly import horse from West and central Asia.

If Aryans were Indians, then they would have made IVC, but there are vast difference between IVC and Vedic civilization, Aryans were not Indians, they migrated to India and faced opposition from local tribes.

So it is actually mix.

http://clubs.ncsu.edu/hsa/hsc/Events/Entries/2007/2/21_Aryan_Invasion_Theory_-_Myth_or_reality_files/Aryan%20Migration%20Theory-Manav.pdf

IVC was not Dravidian all though.

Last edited:

pmaitra

It would be naïve to believe that the migration that happened over a period of time was particularly non-violent. There must have been conflicts and battles, as a fight for resources. This has happened everywhere, wherever there has been a common land, with existing populations, and newcomers. It is not a choice between the two. The best theory is Aryan Migratory Invasion.

Simple_Guy

If Aryans were Indians then at first they would have surely want to Aryanize entire India .......Why with out making entire India completely Aryanized why Aryans left India?
Same question can be asked about IVC.....Why could it not civilize whole of India?

Everyone agrees that IVC is native to India then why their cities are not found all across India?

India is pretty big...a continent like europe. So it is possible for different cultures, languages, to thrive in different parts of India.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
@Waffen SS @pmaitra

The aryan migration theory says aryans were Natives of India and they migrated from India to other places. Mind both the old and new one are theories. However the migration theory is supported by many new archeological discoveries and interpretation of texts like vedas which clearly places aryans' Land in Indian SUBCONTINENT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Waffen SS

Same question can be asked about IVC.....Why could it not civilize whole of India?

Everyone agrees that IVC is native to India then why their cities are not found all across India?

India is pretty big...a continent like europe. So it is possible for different cultures, languages, to thrive in different parts of India.
Many reasons, IVC people did not have iron made equipment, but only Copper and Bronze, these were not enough to cut trees. In those days India was very much densely covered with Jungle.

Those days Indus Valley area was more fertile than now it is. Then River Saraswaiti flew through that area. In IVC remains we did know about Elephants, Tigers and lions, can we find them now? Please note when Aryans came to India, they settled in Punjab where Ganges river is not flown.

Basically environment degradation was one of main cause for IVC's downfall. many say IVC people used bricked to harden them they used fire so massive use of wood, cutting of forest, it turned Indus Valley area to a much less fertile area. Actually Indian civilization started in Indus Valley, Ganges was not really mother Indian civilization, at least not in 1st stages.

@jackprince I dont think Aryans were Indians.

Simple_Guy

Many reasons, IVC people did not have iron made equipment, but only Copper and Bronze, these were not enough to cut trees.

many say IVC people used bricked to harden them they used fire so massive use of wood, cutting of forest, it turned Indus Valley area to a much less fertile area.
make up your mind. Did they cut trees or not? :laugh:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Many reasons, IVC people did not have iron made equipment, but only Copper and Bronze, these were not enough to cut trees. In those days India was very much densely covered with Jungle.

Those days Indus Valley area was more fertile than now it is. Then River Saraswaiti flew through that area. In IVC remains we did know about Elephants, Tigers and lions, can we find them now? Please note when Aryans came to India, they settled in Punjab where Ganges river is not flown.

Basically environment degradation was one of main cause for IVC's downfall. many say IVC people used bricked to harden them they used fire so massive use of wood, cutting of forest, it turned Indus Valley area to a much less fertile area. Actually Indian civilization started in Indus Valley, Ganges was not really mother Indian civilization, at least not in 1st stages.

@jackprince I dont think Aryans were Indians.
It is not about your 'thinking'. It is the evidences that supports.

Any way i wont argue about it till i get access to a computer. The mobile is just not the device to search all those links. But cannot you just look into the web for the migration theory.

Ar charte bangalir moto jed na dhore ek bar koutuholer khatireo to dekhte paren

pmaitra

@Waffen SS @pmaitra

The aryan migration theory says aryans were Natives of India and they migrated from India to other places. Mind both the old and new one are theories. However the migration theory is supported by many new archeological discoveries and interpretation of texts like vedas which clearly places aryans' Land in Indian SUBCONTINENT.
Well, then there are two Aryan Migration Theories.

I was talking about a migration into India, not out of India. The out of India theory is called OIT.

Waffen SS

make up your mind. Did they cut trees or not? :laugh:
Forest in Indus Valley civilization was much lighter type, not dense like North India.

It is not about your 'thinking'. It is the evidences that supports.

Any way i wont argue about it till i get access to a computer. The mobile is just not the device to search all those links. But cannot you just look into the web for the migration theory.

Ar charte bangalir moto jed na dhore ek bar koutuholer khatireo to dekhte paren
:yuno::yey::megusta::smegusta:

Well, I have seen some articles.

Recent Findings in Archaeogenetics and Aryan Migration Theory

Please note Nationalism sometimes massively influences Historiography.

Last edited:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Well I do not know much about the AIT or AMT,but I have heard that the upper castes and also many north Indians have descended from Proto-Indo Europeans.India seems to have people of two lineages(the ANI and ASI) as per the theories.I just wanted to share my 2 cents on this topic.I may be wrong actually.

(PS Its quite nice to see bengalis like pmaitra,arnabamit and waffen ss on this forum.)

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Found this on another site. I think these two pictures illustrate the differences in Indian phenotypes quite well.

Jammu and Kashmir sports team:

Punjab sports team:

Tamil Nadu sports team:

Tamil Nadu sports team:

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
Well I do not know much about the AIT or AMT,but I have heard that the upper castes and also many north Indians have descended from Proto-Indo Europeans.India seems to have people of two lineages(the ANI and ASI) as per the theories.I just wanted to share my 2 cents on this topic.I may be wrong actually.

(PS Its quite nice to see bengalis like pmaitra,arnabamit and waffen ss on this forum.)
& @mikhail is WB, as well.

mikhail

Country flag

mate it's not that simple anymore.Indians(both North and South) have intermixed with each other for so long that it is quite impossible to ascertain who's who anymore.i mean i have seen many lower caste people(sorry for using the caste word) in Bengal who have got tall stature and fair complexion with pointed nose.now these are generally considered as traits of a person of Indo-Aryan origin.again i can show you hundreds of higher castes Bengalis who have got short stature and snubbed nose with darkish complexion,the features which are generally considered as non-Aryan traits.
personally i think that the ANI and ASI theory which has been proposed a few years back clearly explains these mysteries and the A.I.T. as proposed by those Brits are nothing but a buch of fairy tales:ranger:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
@mikhail I think you are right.Actually IMO unless we have a time machine we will never really learn what happened in India during that time.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles