Armenian-Azerbaijan 2020 War

Who will win this conflict

• Total voters

Azaad

Country flag
IMEC is hypothetical at best.. Azerbaijan attack is not about India..
It's not hypothetical.

I know it's not directed against India. But Armenia falling is not in our interests. See what I posted in that context. Eventually the alignment is going to be thus - Iran Russia & China on 1 side vs the rest with Turkey having to choose but having no choice in the matter.

TopWatcher

Country flag
Armenia made a mistake buying all the pinakas and artillery etc without addressing what caused their destruction in the first place. They should have instead bought more SAM systems and anti drone/EW systems. If they allow those turk drones to reign mayhem again, all their new weapons are useless
Even their generals are not good planners.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Irans posturing will save them .I hope or else it's game over
Iran will only intervene if Azerbaijan threatens land corridor between Iran and Azerbaijan which is Azerbaijan not going to do.

Armenia PM tried make some smart moves lately which ended up harming their relationship with all.

I think Mother Teresa need to show miracle from her grave to save her motherland.

indiatester

Country flag
Iran will only intervene if Azerbaijan threatens land corridor between Iran and Azerbaijan which is Azerbaijan not going to do.

Armenia PM tried make some smart moves lately which ended up harming their relationship with all.

I think Mother Teresa need to show miracle from her grave to save her motherland.
She was from Albania I think.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag

She is Albanian friend. The country of bunkers.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
And why should Russia protect when you elect a clown propped by US to undermine Russia and to do what he has done for everyone to see. And they elected this fool again as soon as stalemate happened.

Only three nations care about Armenias existence one, Russia, two, Iran and three, India. And only for that corridor.

For US and Israel, their core interest is trying to create problems in Iran resulting in regime change and they are doing just that. And they will do that to the last Armenian.
Armenia is a CSTO member, not Pashinyan. When the war broke out, the Armenian government invoked Article 4 which is similar to NATO Article 5. Azerbaijan is not a part of this alliance and it invaded Armenia proper (not the Nagorno-Karabakh that they claim). CSTO was treaty-bound to intervene on Armenia's behalf. Granted that Putin was busy in Ukraine but nothing stopped him to clear the Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Tajik and Uzbek governments to intervene on Armenia's behalf.

Instead, he publicly favored Baku, struck oil deals with them and held the Central Asian 'stans from intervening. Also, they preferred to stay out, demolishing any trust left in the grouping.

Now after Armenia was beaten raw, it is slowly moving towards the US. Armenians are a strong lobby in the US despite their country's lack of geopolitical significance. Given that Mission Ukraine is a failure, the US will latch on to a scorned ally of Russia. Armenia is the perfect candidate for the next Afghanistanization attempt.

Georgia is already pro-NATO and hates Russia. Armenia will become the second one. Putin just shot his own foot.

Looks like Russians were informed about it. Lets see where this goes. I doubt Azeris will go for Syunik since neither Russians nor Iranians will tolerate it.
Does Putin realize the damage he is causing to Russia's trustworthiness within CSTO?

Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan will be watching how Putin treats Armenia from hereon. If he continues to sideline them, they will start trying to branch out; first with China (as it is a safer and acceptable option for Putin) and then slowly with the Americans and who knows, maybe even us. They are watching that we have stepped up our efforts to arm Yerevan. Now I am not saying that we will replace Russia, but all this kicking Armenia around will definitely not go unnoticed.

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Pashniyan is an inexperienced clown and Aliyev is a typical turkroach nationalist.
This war was bound to happen, and Armenia unfortunately hasn't learnt its past lesson.

They bought artillery from us which were sitting ducks without proper air defence.

But lets not forget Armenia isn't a very rich country either, GDP size is similar to Goa. Azerbaijan on the other hand has a GDP size similar to Punjab. And India can't give weapons in aid, coz we too aren't a filthy rich country like USA or China.

This,

Armenia is a clueless nation right now, most Armenians literally live outside Armenia than inside it, they should simply do a mass migration and let Azerbaijan take over. Turkey is stronger than Iran and Armenia and India too far to be relevant.

Used to sympathise for them, but it seems they are literally wanting their own destruction.
It is very unlikely that we will interfere in this war in any meaningful capacity right now. We can escalate by giving Armenia Pralay-type missiles. But if their clownish generals use it to hit the capital city, it would drag us into a war far away from home. The only advantage that I see here is that this is a perfect arms marketing opportunity and to do that, we will need to take control of the war.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles