Another F-15SA Lost to Yemeni Air Defences; Is Saudi's War Damaging the Prestige of Western Fighters

ashdoc

Country flag
even if we assume they fought , the 60 x f-15c can probably defend saudi airspace against occasional intruders but what are your thoughts about them
1-performing A2G /CAS missions
2-CAP over iraqi airspace
3-handle massive iraqi air strike package
Does the f 15 c have CAS ground strike abilities ? I thought it was a pure air to air aircraft. F 15 e has ground strike abilities.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Some people here criticize everything which is Russian because they compare parameters literally including propaganda and think, if one win on paper that will surely win reality also
Though reality is little different. Russian aircrafts are most maintanence friendly then American and very very effective when Russian pilots use them

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Some people here criticize everything which is Russian because they compare parameters literally including propaganda and think, if one win on paper that will surely win reality also
Though reality is little different. Russian aircrafts are most maintanence friendly then American and very very effective when Russian pilots use them
So let the combat begin ,,,, mortal combat ....

vishnugupt

Country flag
So let the combat begin ,,,, mortal combat ....
What mortal combat??
Russian weapons got bad name because they were used by comparatively incompetent users otherwise you can see with the same weapons Russian break havoc upon their adversities.
As per American F-15 has best record in air superiority but see what is happening under Saudia

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What mortal combat??
Russian weapons got bad name because they were used by comparatively incompetent users otherwise you can see with the same weapons Russian break havoc upon their adversities.
As per American F-15 has best record in air superiority but see what is happening under Saudia

In fairness to the F-15, those Saudi idi0ts lost their F-15s from S2A missiles and not from A2A action.

AbRaj

Country flag
And low level attacks are not necessary in most scenarios. Saudis should maximize the use of F-15SAs superb sensors from high altitude. That would allow their pilots more reaction time for evasive maneuvers and counter-measures. But I guess it's like teaching old dogs new tricks. Saudis are only good at flying planes into undefended buildings---

Tahat is gross generalisation. I don’t think majority of them ever wanted to blow up the buildings. You may disagree but I think more fantatics come from the Balkans and South Asia.

mikael

Country flag
Iraqis had mig 29s with R 27 ( NATO name---AA 10 Alamo) semi active radar homing air to air missiles and AA 8 aephid short range air to air missiles. Saudi f 15s had AIM 7 sparrow medium range air to air missiles and sidewinder short range air to air missiles. But mig 29 was short range due to it's fuel guzzling RD 33 engines and it's engines ejected smoke making it more detectable, for it was early version of mig 29 when it's problems had not been rectified. The f 15 could carry 8 aams while mig 29 could carry 6 . F 15 had longer range and could strike deep . So f 15 had advantage in air combat over Iraqi mig 29 . Other Iraqi fighters could not face f 15 .
no fighter in iraq could face f-15
if any fighter came close to shooting down an f-15 it was a mig-25pd
see battle of Samurra
mig-29 in 1980s 90s was essentially a more advanced mig-21bis with BVR weapons but it was no real match [ nor was it intended to match] the eagle

mikael

Country flag
Iraq had decent exposure to fighting high end US aircraft, in the form of Iran air force Tomcats
They would have handled the Saudi Eagles pretty well.
iraqis only shot down 4 x F-14 in the whole war and iranians killed dozens of iraqi jets
however the f-14 has the advanced ARH AIM-54 which F-15 does not have
also how reliable are the iranian claims ?

Last edited:

mikael

Country flag
Tahat is gross generalisation. I don’t think majority of them ever wanted to blow up the buildings. You may disagree but I think more fantatics come from the Balkans and South Asia.
south asia has a lot more people too

saudis are just not interested in warfare like some other nations , and their poor work ethic prevents them from taking advantage of any training

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Saudi fanatics are the worst. Even those Saudis not considered fanatics are pretty insane. Just look at how they treat their women.

There are only very few sane Saudis.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
iraqis only shot down 4 x F-14 in the whole war and iranians killed dozens of iraqi jets
however the f-14 has the advanced ARH AIM-54 which F-15 does not have
also how reliable are the iranian claims ?
AIM-54 is overrated. It's designed to kill a lumbering Soviet bomber from very long distances. It's not very good at killing highly maneuverable fighters at medium ranges. No wonder the USAF did not adopt it and the USN discintinued its.

AbRaj

Country flag
Saudi fanatics are the worst. Even those Saudis not considered fanatics are pretty insane. Just look at how they treat their women.

Though I agree with you on women rights and some other areas, but in my opinion the new found wealth has made rich Arabs , caring about life and death , against the teachings of Islam which considers life useless stopgap is the path to jannah.

mikael

Country flag

dude have you met any saudi women ? I say they deserve it

anyway i find most appalling the way saudis treat africans , south asian, other nationalities

mikael

Country flag
AIM-54 is overrated. It's designed to kill a lumbering Soviet bomber from very long distances. It's not very good at killing highly maneuverable fighters at medium ranges. No wonder the USAF did not adopt it and the USN discintinued its.
most fighters are not pulling a lot of gs all the time either, AIM54 is also not SARH a very useful feature in the pre-AIM-120 era esp if killed at long range by unknown attacker

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
dude have you met any saudi women ? I say they deserve it

anyway i find most appalling the way saudis treat africans , south asian, other nationalities

Not all Saudi women are lunatics. A lot of young efucated and rich women want to live and enjoy simpke freedoms that their peers in democratic countries take for granted. It must be like a curse to be born an intelligent woman in Saudi...

mikael

Country flag
Not all Saudi women are lunatics. A lot of young efucated and rich women want to live and enjoy simpke freedoms that their peers in democratic countries take for granted. It must be like a curse to be born an intelligent woman in Saudi...

ofcourse there are exceptions but there are some great saudi men too I'm sure
I personally know a few

vishnugupt

Country flag
Who gave funny name to this thread?? May be Gold plated F-15 might work for Saudia.
BANDER KE HAATH ME COCONUT
When Iraq amassed army on Saudia border in 1991 and CIA came to King and gave satelite pics of impending Iraqi attack After then Saudi started recruitment of army. before that Saudia didn't have even Army.
It is foolish to derive conclusion from Saudi performance

vishnugupt

Country flag

Really?? Mulli are suffering from Stockholm's syndrome. No matter how secular/liberals they pretend but they always fell short to criticize barbaric islamic laws and end of the day they choose burkha over freedom. Anti-Triple talaq law is best example

Global Defence

New threads

Articles