AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

NutCracker

Country flag
Gormint & baboons with their f@t @$$ are sitting on AMCA's CCS file for more than a year, this shows the interest they have on indigenisation
Might've been waiting for 120kN engine deal with SAFRAN so that further evaluation can happen, if we can retrofit that engine into AMCA-1 after few years once complete engine overhaul is required.

RedHood108

Country flag
Gormint & baboons with their f@t @$$ are sitting on AMCA's CCS file for more than a year, this shows the interest they have on indigenisation
KAAN is supposed to take it's 1st flight in December. And apparently the Turks have approached the Pakistanis to join the program.

Pakistan may gets KAAN. And China already has 500+ J20s. Yet AMCA still hasn't cleared CCS approval, so a prototype is still years away.

Really scary days are ahead.

NutCracker

Country flag
KAAN is supposed to take it's 1st flight in December. And apparently the Turks have approached the Pakistanis to join the program.

Pakistan may gets KAAN. And China already has 500+ J20s. Yet AMCA still hasn't cleared CCS approval, so a prototype is still years away.

Porkies wont get KAAN until it goes into serial production with Turdey's own Turdish engine, i.e. at least 10 years away. US didnt even allow American engine equipped Atak T129 helo to be sold to Pakis . So they had to buy chingchong Z-10.

RedHood108

Country flag
Some off the shelf Su57 or Su75 could be a good contingency plan. Coz I don't see any circumstance where US is gonna sell us F35s.

I still hope AMCA comes first & we don't have to go for these foreign fighters.

RedHood108

Country flag
Porkies wont get KAAN until it goes into serial production with Turdey's own Turdish engine, i.e. at least 10 years away. US didnt even allow American engine equipped Atak T129 helo to be sold to Pakis . So they had to buy chingchong Z-10.
That's refreshing.

But I don't think Turkey is in any position to successfully create a 131KN Jet engine in just 10 years.

They might build a Jet with similar specs, but no way it will have the same Efficiency or TBO as that of American engines. They don't have the infrastructure or the tech required.

And just the testing for the certification of such an engine takes years. After it's development.

Azaad

Country flag
Gormint & baboons are sitting on AMCA's CCS file for more than a year, this shows the interest they have on indigenisation
AMCA can't precede the LCA Mk-2 . Development of the latter is a pre requisite for the former to materialise. No clue why that isn't happening. For all the talk of this government about indigenization of which quite a bit has been achieved , I find this attitude with respect to the air force most baffling & disappointing. I don't think this is TOTALLY related to funds & its release though what ELSE could it related be to , can't be said with any degree of authority .

RedHood108

Country flag
Su30MKI with Uttam and Astra will suffice.
Read an article on how China had developed a portable anti-stealth radar sometimes back.

Do we currently have have project for developing portable Anti-stealth radars. Considering we have a numerical disadvantage wrt China. And also AMCA will take some time.

This could be of great help.

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
AMCA can't precede the LCA Mk-2 . Development of the latter is a pre requisite for the former to materialise. No clue why that isn't happening. For all the talk of this government about indigenization of which quite a bit has been achieved , I find this attitude with respect to the air force most baffling & disappointing. I don't think this is TOTALLY related to funds & its release though what ELSE could it related be to , can't be said with any degree of authority .
Everything is fund related.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag

Yes,
"Pakistan and Turkish Aerospace Industries signed a contract between the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) Kamra and Turkish Aerospace Industries. As part of the collaboration, multiple subsystems of the KAAN will be manufactured in Pakistan, leading to the establishment of a joint production line."

also, engine on KAAN is from BAe one

RedHood108

Country flag
Yes,
"Pakistan and Turkish Aerospace Industries signed a contract between the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) Kamra and Turkish Aerospace Industries. As part of the collaboration, multiple subsystems of the KAAN will be manufactured in Pakistan, leading to the establishment of a joint production line."

also, engine on KAAN is from BAe one
What's the point of giving free meals to a bankrupt country 🙅‍♂️

I hope Porkistan doesn't even last 10 years to see their KAAN fly with a Turkish engine.

Last edited:

Gyyan

Country flag
Some off the shelf Su57 or Su75 could be a good contingency plan. Coz I don't see any circumstance where US is gonna sell us F35s.

I still hope AMCA comes first & we don't have to go for these foreign fighters.
Off the shelf su57?
When even russians have barely a squadron.
su75?
Something in much similar state to AMCA.

RedHood108

Country flag
Off the shelf su57?
When even russians have barely a squadron and su 75?
Something in much similar state to AMCA?
This is not for now. But if in distant future Pakistan gets KAAN & we still don't get AMCA.

I am sure by then Su57 production will catch up.
Su75 shouldn't be a big hastle for them coz they have already developed Su57 & Al-41.

NutCracker

Country flag
Su30MKI with Uttam and Astra will suffice.

Then what are our options. If in a hypothetical situation where Pakistan gets KAAN, China already has J20s. And AMCA prototype is still years away from being ready for induction.

Su30 with AESA jamming pod (already developed) is essential otherwise J-20 and KAAN's geometrical stealth will outclass su30 anyday.

Maybe throw in some CATS warriors flying few km ahead.

Turkey gonna use kizilelma for combat teaming

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Su30 with AESA jamming pod (already developed) is essential otherwise J-20 and KAAN's geometrical stealth will outclass su30 anyday.

Maybe throw in some CATS warriors flying few km ahead.

Turkey gonna use kizilelma for combat teaming
i am more interested in india sticking to tried and tested aircraft under production within India like su30 and Tejas for example while developing the amca and Tejas mk2 for now as in the immediate future(next 10 years) the issue is numbers, not quality. also, we can induct the su30s and tejas with our own intermediate updates and new tech to at least make them competitive. the only issue is the potential high NOs of Chinese fighters on our borders not the pakistanis who are mostly a spent force (it will be hard to maintain any good force nos of aircraft or any complex systems with the economy and demographic issues in the near,medium and longterm in pakistan).

We should also populate our border areas with cheaper and more readily manufacturable(as in available for manufacture by our own indigenous capability ) long range air defence systems in the s400 and buk styles. also rely on asymmetric solutions for the immediate term. while building and developing system as soon as possible like amca to mass produce in the future.

This is the most realistic option we have. of course the ideal would be amca and tejas mk2 getting rolled out soon and getting good orders by 2030.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles