AH-64E Apache attack helicopter

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I have a strong Feeling Army aviation going for Ch-47 and IAF for MI-26..

Galaxy

Country flag
We should purchase 197 Kamov Ka-226T in Light utility helicopters from Russia and 22 Apache and 12 CH-47 from U.S. We also have deal for 80 Mil Mi-17V5 transport helicopters from Russia. I don't think Russia will have any problem as it can get half of Heli orders minimum and most importantly we should buy what is best and not for diplomatic reasons.

SPIEZ

Country flag
We should purchase 197 Kamov Ka-226T in Light utility helicopters from Russia and 22 Apache and 12 CH-47 from U.S. We also have deal for 80 Mil Mi-17V5 transport helicopters from Russia. I don't think Russia will have any problem as it can get half of Heli orders minimum and most importantly we should buy what is best and not for diplomatic reasons.
Whatever happened t our very own Dhruv ?

SPIEZ

Country flag
That is going on. It's home made and i was only talking about imports in my previous post.
I was referring to the Kamov ka-226, why 200 of those IMPORTED LIGHT UTILITY HELICOPTERS, when we have our own version the Dhruv ?

p2prada

I was referring to the Kamov ka-226, why 200 of those IMPORTED LIGHT UTILITY HELICOPTERS, when we have our own version the Dhruv ?
Because of quicker deliveries of the imports and that LOH is not as proven as the competitors. ALH orders are already there. LOH will take at least 4 to 5 years because prototypes still need to be built and tested.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Far too many information and threads on helo's . I read there's also 200 helo requirement?
Light Observation Helicopter: To replace Cheetah..

Dhruv is replacements for Chetaks..

CH-47 and MI-26 for heavy category to add more muscles..

Now Air-force have their needs, And Army have their..

Follow post no 251..

Last edited:

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
What is going to happen to the retired Cheetahs and Chetaks? scrapped? Sold to private sector? or transferred to less rigorous users like the paramilitary forces or the armed police?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
What is going to happen to the retired Cheetahs and Chetaks? scrapped? Sold to private sector? or transferred to less rigorous users like the paramilitary forces or the armed police?
Reserve or scraped if not sold..

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
In a country like India which is poor and resources deficient, there are thousands of agencies which need hellicopters but do not have one. Chita and chetak are still good assets and are likely to reamin as the main assets of the Services for multiple tasks such as communication and reccee for a decade. I think projection of other types of hepters is in addition and not replacement.

Cheetahs and Chetaks are there to stay with all Security organisations. Even the 25 ponders are not scrapped !

pmaitra

I like that idea very much.

We should keep both the US and Russia happy and buy some from each.

Also, I have a soft corner for the contra-rotating Kamov-style NOTAR, not only because they are technically more stable and efficient, but because they are just so cool.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
[h=3]Army rolls out first Apache Block III [/h]
The first Apache Block III helicopter was delivered to the Army today during a ceremony at the Boeing plant here in which the aircraft was rolled out on stage under bright lights and a wisp of generated smoke.

Hundreds of industry, government and military officials attended the event in which two of the new AH-64 aircraft were actually delivered to the Army ahead of schedule. The first Block III helicopter was finished about a week early and the second about a month ahead of schedule, according to David Koopersmith, Boeing Attack Helicopter Programs vice president.

"It's an amazing game-changer," said Maj. Gen. Tim Crosby about the new Apache. Crosby, the Army's program executive officer for aviation, went on to say during a press conference that no other helicopter in the world could match the Apache Block III.

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

Hundreds of industry, government and military officials attended the event in which two of the new AH-64 aircraft were actually delivered to the Army ahead of schedule.
Sevmash, did you see that?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles