Agni V Missile

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I see a lot of people commenting on blast radius and fireballs and what not but no comments on radiation at all, make no mistake gentlemen the fireball is not the big culprit when it comes to killing people in a nuclear explosion(though it is the most immediate) the big killer is the humble invisible"gamma ray, this radiation will go through most regular thickness walls(concrete or otherwise) to cause immense destruction to organic tissue..this can be achieved much more cheaply with a small bomb than with a big one.
Also Nuclear weapons are expensive the process of enriching uranium to a weapons grade level is prohibitively expensive and hence it makes sense to spread out the material into smaller lots and have a large number of widely dispersed small nukes instead of having a few large bombs.
Then it is better to develop a new technology that increases the range of BRAHMOS. That is enough......

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Anyways more than the range the actual thing i am interested is (and i've said this numerous times before) is the cansisterised road mobile launch. does anyone here have an idea whether we are going to be testing the cansisterised production version of the A5 or is this going to be one of those launches of a regular test launchpad?

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Anyways more than the range the actual thing i am interested is (and i've said this numerous times before) is the cansisterised road mobile launch. does anyone here have an idea whether we are going to be testing the cansisterised production version of the A5 or is this going to be one of those launches of a regular test launchpad?
from the first post :D

Another distinctive feature is its 'canisterisation'. Hermetically sealed into an airtight canister that is mounted on a flatbed truck, the missile can be easily transported and fired quickly, by hydraulically raising the canister into the vertical firing position. Made from high-strength maraging steel, the canister must absorb enormous stresses during firing, when a thrust of 300-400 tonnes is generated to eject the 50-tonne missile The canister also provides a hermitically sealed atmosphere, in which the missile is stored safely for years.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Then it is better to develop a new technology that increases the range of BRAHMOS. That is enough......
The Brahmos is limited in range due to the extreme speed at which it's engines burn through it's on board fuel in order to achieve supersonic speed, otherwise both is size and fuel capacity the Brahmos is more than comparable to an American Tomahawk or any other long range cruise missile. If we wanted to redesign the Brahmos to maintain both extreme velocity and have a long range as well, we would end up with a monster that would be ridiculously heavy as well as extremely big.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Oh dear! This looks to be a chest thumping test. Every type of military grade satellite out there will be watching out for any heat signature from Orissa now. Please tell them we've diwali in between else they'll misunderstand diwali rockets for A5.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
nrj, we anyways have to inform about a test so that there is no accidental trigger of nuke war..So they will know anyways. How do you think all tests are monitored and so much info is available about all missile systems?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
nrj, we anyways have to inform about a test so that there is no accidental trigger of nuke war..So they will know anyways. How do you think all tests are monitored and so much info is available about all missile systems?
yusuf do USA, Russia and China give us info about their missile launches ???

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
that is the problem we dont have any treaty with USA, Russia or china still we inform them.

Country flag
Do we have to give exact location and date of tests or just date?? I know Pakistan has gave vague locations in the past.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Do we have to give exact location and date of tests or just date?? I know Pakistan has gave vague locations in the past.
just like this "we are going to make test within next two days" that is all. 24 hours before the test, this is because some time weather is not good therefore 48 hours time window. This is only for ballistic missile therefore cruise missile does not need any prior notification.

arya

Country flag
in war enemy will not see solider or civilian, if you want to win then you have to kill both

we need that lethal weapon who can destroy the maximum

agni5 should be induct asap we dont have much more time

war and peace are tow side of coins so if you want to live with peace then you should be ready for war

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles