Aftermath of Trump Victory

pmaitra

@pmaitra @Project Dharma

For 6. the reason I said it is not a good move for the US in short/medium term is because I'm not sure americans can suddenly replace tens of thousands of skilled-worker immigrants in the short-medium terms. Additionally I think there'll be a big drop in number of students going to the US because majority go for "higher studies" to get a green card &/or work visa. Otherwise it is a good move for america.
Ofc this is all assuming that the bill will pass, which I think it will.
It will be a moment of truth.

We shall see in due course of time who is more indispensable - is US indispensable for India or is India indispensable for the US?

I offer no prediction. I am interested in allowing the water to find its own level. o_O

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
@pmaitra @Project Dharma

For 6. the reason I said it is not a good move for the US in short/medium term is because I'm not sure americans can suddenly replace tens of thousands of skilled-worker immigrants in the short-medium terms. Additionally I think there'll be a big drop in number of students going to the US because majority go for "higher studies" to get a green card &/or work visa. Otherwise it is a good move for america.
Ofc this is all assuming that the bill will pass, which I think it will.
On the other hand...if immigrants are replaced by americans can they work for the same salary that is offered to immigrants? If salary hikes happens that will hurt profit margins of company....

pmaitra

On the other hand...if immigrants are replaced by americans can they work for the same salary that is offered to immigrants? If salary hikes happens that will hurt profit margins of company....
US citizens and lawful permanent residents may work for less than that what is stipulated for H1B Visa holders.

The H1B Visa holders are expected to earn 35 percentile more than what local skill offers. This comes to around $132,000 per annum.

IndianHawk

Country flag
It will be a moment of truth.

We shall see in due course of time who is more indispensable - is US indispensable for India or is India indispensable for the US?

I offer no prediction. I am interested in allowing the water to find its own level. o_O
I don't think visa cap or salary hike will have any profound impact on US India dynamic.

IT companies will deal with added expenses via cost cutting on the other side.
( Shifting from Banglore to Bhopal Jaipur type cities)
Also some cost will be passed on to customers but outsourcing will still be more cost effective .

His manufacturing plans are lofty and concern china mostly.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
US citizens and lawful permanent residents may work for less than that what is stipulated for H1B Visa holders.

The H1B Visa holders are expected to earn 35 percentile more than what local skill offers. This comes to around $132,000 per annum.
Damnnnnnnnnnnn What is the future of IT industry of India?

The Last Stand

Country flag
Trump supporters are saying the list of countries that he has banned was recommended by Obama's DHS in 2015?

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Trump supporters are saying the list of countries that he has banned was recommended by Obama's DHS in 2015?
Obama just decreed that dual citizens from those seven countries would no longer be eligible for the visa waiver program. Therefore they'd be vetted like everybody else but still eligible for a visa.

In 2011, DHS discovered that they were not screening Iraqi refugees properly so they rescreened refugees from that country that were already in the US. In addition, they started screening new refugees more thoroughly which brought the rate of refugees down from Iraq for a while.

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
Obama just decreed that dual citizens from those seven countries would no longer be eligible for the visa waiver program. Therefore they'd be vetted like everybody else but still eligible for a visa.

In 2011, DHS discovered that they were not screening Iraqi refugees properly so they rescreened refugees from that country that were already in the US. In addition, they started screening new refugees more thoroughly which brought the rate of refugees down from Iraq for a while.
he did it because of islamic terror attacks didint he

pmaitra

Here is an interesting critique of the immigration ban by Kyle Kulinski. Kyle Kulinski leans towards the Democratic Party. I do not agree with many of his comments, however, he appears to be well informed and makes an honest effort to be balanced. He got it right on this one: Iran is Shia, and they are fighting Wahhabism, which is an extreme group within the Sunnis, and they are fighting ISIS, so Trump was wrong to ban them. Kyle Kulinski does not support the ban, however, he says rhetorically, that if there has to be a ban at all, Saudi Arabia should have been in the list.

More Americans Support Trump's Immigration Ban Than Oppose It

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Trump sacks defiant acting attorney general

This is heating up. The fired acting Attorney General is an Obama Administration remnant. On the other hand, the Attorney General nominee, Jeff Sessions, is still unconfirmed. The longer he remains unconfirmed, the longer the Obama remnants get to call shots. Trump had to fire the defiant acting Attorney General. Considering the ban is temporary, I think the Congress should focus on confirming Jeff Session and legislate a new bill that would enforce proper vetting.
@pmaitra

does US has Indian equivalent of IAS/IFS system

I mean there must be permanent bureaucracy in US which doesnt changes with change in gov

few days back i heard news that whole of permanent staff belowing to some department i think is was state that resigned

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Rex tillerson looks like typical southie owner of a plantation and Black beater from 19th century as we have seen in Hwood films.

Akshay_Fenix

Can you explain a bit please. Thanks...................................
Dumbass banned Iran instead of Saudi Arabia (biggest exporter of whabism aka terrorism) and Pakistan, just goes to show he is not serious about ending islamic terrorism.

Russia is ally and now Iran is the new enemy. Same old america with new enemies.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Saudi Arabia support terrorism by Funding while Iran support terrorism as state policy and active intervention through its special Forces and Troops, notably the Quds Force.

Quds Force invite Musalman terrorist from all over the world and train them in Iran.

Imad Muganiyah (founder of Islamic Jihad) was trained and supported by Iranian govt who carried out biggest Terror attack against US citizens/ troops before 26/11 in Beruit barracks bombing. Mosad assassinated him and after some time his son Jihad Muganiyah. Yes his son's name was Jihad.

So both Shi'ite and Sunni govt are terror supporter piece of trash.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles