Aero India 2017

salute

.................................................................................................

salute

.....................................................................................................................

salute

...................................................................................

Scrutator

@Scrutator check the post I have quoted .......... speak of the devil !! A tethered drone.
NICE!!!!! Love it!!! It's an octocopter!! DRDO read my mind! :)

Thanks for sharing.

Not sure what the payload capacity or the altitude is. They should get the capacity to carry the BEL's long range electro optic pod (100 kgs), an AESA radar (probably 50 kgs without the processors etc) and of course the weight of the (15,000 ft long) tether itself!!

I see an antenna up on the drone. Perhaps it communicates with the ground station wirelessly. Not sure if is powered from the ground or via battery!! It should communicate via optic fiber.

Hope see each ship carry this on high seas; and all along the borders (along with aerostats)

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
IAF Inducts Desi AEW&CS Developed by DRDO | Induction At Aero India 2017

I guess this is one of the rare occurrences in independent India where aviation minister of cabinet rank is pushed around like a commoner. in this case it is ashok gajapathi raju(the one in dhoti), it's funny because he is son of last maharaja of vijayanagaram.

Articles