2023 G20 Summit, New Delhi, India

abingdonboy

Country flag
It will be either Yogi or Himanta. People want any one of them to succeed Modi ji. Remember, seniority was bypassed even when Modi ji became the PM candidate in 2013.
Neither are of Modi’s stature and frankly neither are worthy statesmen. CM is one thing, PM representing india on the global stages is another thing entirely

Krishnarjun

Country flag
Have any of you heard of this discussion?

Apparently, Erdogan is trying to find ways to claw back to relevance. Is he realizing his blunder of backing the donkey instead of the horse? or is this some sort of ploy?

I have a feeling that the economic whammy he is facing at home, his ill-health, the Pakistanis rampaging all over his country molesting his female citizens, and the rapidly-changing stature of our country are making him rethink his plan.

He supported India's permanent UNSC seat back in 2017 too. Would call it a real change if Turkey ever supports India on Kashmir issue.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Neither are of Modi’s stature and frankly neither are worthy statesmen. CM is one thing, PM representing india on the global stages is another thing entirely
If the succession is well planned, there will be a conscious building of legend to legitimize passing of the crown. Which is what I'm seeing in case of Yogiji. Give it a few years, you'll see more and more successes attributed to him, and I have a suspicion that in the end, Modiji will do a sacrifice play and show the world an instance where Yogiji handled something better than him, to cement the succession.

karn

Country flag
This BRI was always going to fail but it provided a way for China to debt trap stupid countries. Pakis were first
in line. Thank you China.
It's funny . No one even talks about string of pearls anymore. Maldives and Sri Lanka, 2 pearls plucked . Kangludesh in progress . I'm gonna hand it to 11 jinpings 11 IQ and vishwaguru not dropping the ball.(vishwaguru with 0 sarcasm)

Indrajit

Country flag

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
The same was said about Modi ji before he became the PM. Both Yogi and Himanta have their caliber.

If you have read about the how ancient Bharat was governed by emperors, and observed the political discourse taking place, you will see three unique traits:

1) highly principled central leadership
2) trusted regional power enforcers, ideologically in tune with the central leadership
3) power through direct engagement with the people of various regions (PS: was done through marriages and large holy gatherings like yajnas back then)

PM Modiji is trying to bring the Mahajanapada system back. Look at how many times he has emphasized on the system in public speeches. Under the Mahajanapada system, people were democratic participants in a village/town-level republic, that was under the power of well-qualified, capable, and powerful regional kings and national emperors.

We were a superpower under that system while Europe was playing Meet the Flintstones in real life. This woke Liberandu Democracy is the worst thing that has happened to our country since the Mughal ogres. And that's what PM Modi ji is trying to change.

if you see today, each region has their own respective trusted power centers - Yogi in the North, Himanta in the East, Eknath Shinde in the West, and K Annamalai in the South.

Himanta da is still needed in our northeast because he is managing the most sensitive region right now in the country. While each state has a CM, Himanta da is the most powerful state-level ruler and also administers the biggest economy by state in the northeast region. As he has the ability to get consensus. I feel that he should continue ruling the region for another 15 years before we can truly call it safe.

UP has been civilized to some extent and can afford to let Yogi take move at a national level around 2026. He is fairly young and it would give him more time to polish his wrongly-tarnished image and at the same time, carry on with his hard-hitting, no-nonsense style of governance.

Yogi has all the ingredients necessary for a strong and capable ruler. If you remember the early interviews of Modi ji, he used to lose temper very soon. It is only through experience that he learned to master image management.

Yogi too has come a long way since the beginning. I am pretty sure the PM is mentoring him whenever he can.

It is public understanding now among our countrymen that Yogi is the in-principle successor to Modi ji and I fully support that notion.

Blademaster

You are right, this idiot has a bipolar disorder. Just hours later, he "opposed" the India-Middle-East-Europe corridor. Whatever that means :lol:.

View attachment 222125

View attachment 222126
What is he gonna do about it? India has already established two corridors by now. One the India-Arabia-Israel-EU route and the Russia-Iran-India route. Both bypass Turkey.

abingdonboy

Country flag
The same was said about Modi ji before he became the PM. Both Yogi and Himanta have their caliber.

If you have read about the how ancient Bharat was governed by emperors, and observed the political discourse taking place, you will see three unique traits:

1) highly principled central leadership
2) trusted regional power enforcers, ideologically in tune with the central leadership
3) power through direct engagement with the people of various regions (PS: was done through marriages and large holy gatherings like yajnas back then)

PM Modiji is trying to bring the Mahajanapada system back. Look at how many times he has emphasized on the system in public speeches. Under the Mahajanapada system, people were democratic participants in a village/town-level republic, that was under the power of well-qualified, capable, and powerful regional kings and national emperors.

We were a superpower under that system while Europe was playing Meet the Flintstones in real life. This woke Liberandu Democracy is the worst thing that has happened to our country since the Mughal ogres. And that's what PM Modi ji is trying to change.

if you see today, each region has their own respective trusted power centers - Yogi in the North, Himanta in the East, Eknath Shinde in the West, and K Annamalai in the South.

Himanta da is still needed in our northeast because he is managing the most sensitive region right now in the country. While each state has a CM, Himanta da is the most powerful state-level ruler and also administers the biggest economy by state in the northeast region. As he has the ability to get consensus. I feel that he should continue ruling the region for another 15 years before we can truly call it safe.

UP has been civilized to some extent and can afford to let Yogi take move at a national level around 2026. He is fairly young and it would give him more time to polish his wrongly-tarnished image and at the same time, carry on with his hard-hitting, no-nonsense style of governance.

Yogi has all the ingredients necessary for a strong and capable ruler. If you remember the early interviews of Modi ji, he used to lose temper very soon. It is only through experience that he learned to master image management.

Yogi too has come a long way since the beginning. I am pretty sure the PM is mentoring him whenever he can.

It is public understanding now among our countrymen that Yogi is the in-principle successor to Modi ji and I fully support that notion.
I don’t buy the comparisons with Modi, Modi had a lot of international expertise and experience even as CM, he would visit all over the world to get business for his state

Listen to Jaishanker talking about Modi’s visit to China as a CM when Jairshanker was the ambassador there at the time, Modi was the most admin minded and statesman like leaders that Jaishanker ever came across at that level and Modi wanted extensive details.

I haven’t heard of any similar analysis of any other Indian politician. Himanta has a huge question mark over him other than his political instincts, is his governance mind really there? He doesn’t give me that impression at all.

Yogi seems to have a decent governance brain but I cannot seem him representing India on the global stage and I don’t think he has that kind of exposure to global affairs.

imho Modi is 1 in a century type leader, he’ll be considered the father of modern India 20/40/60 years from now. Whoever comes after him will be a downgrade, I just hope they keep the tradition of positioning technocrats in the cabinet (Jaishanker, Puri, Kant, Doval etc).

the central secretariat and expanded PMO/NSC are visions of Modi that he took from his CM days. There’s no other CM I’ve seen with this kind of admin mind

If I could have a choice I’d like to see Goyal as the next PM

Global Defence

New threads

Articles