2016 US Presidential Elections

pmaitra

What if nobody gets to 270 ? What happens then ??
Each electoral district sends one delegate. Most states have a winner takes all scheme. Each delegate represents the political party that won the state. The delegates can defect. There is no legal requirement for a delegate to stick to his pledge.

busesaway

Trump has won. PA has got to have been given to the Republicans. There's no chance to Clinton winning unless something ridiculous happens.

pmaitra

5 more to go for Trump. He got one from a congressional district in Maine.

Maine is not a winner takes all state.

pmaitra

Trump supporters chanting "lock her up."

busesaway

Need to see the reaction of media and elite , it's going to epic.
I'm actually puzzled by the idea that Trump is "anti-establishment". The right-wing in Canada, Europe, and Asia, are usually charged with accusations that they protect the establishment. India's right-wing is also quite supportive of the "establishment". I doubt the Republicans would go against their own core voter base.

Though I wonder what will happen to the media if Trump does win a lot of support after this, and especially how they deal with minority voters who only voted Clinton to save themselves from being attacked by the Republicans. The entire media pretty much sided with Clinton throughout the campaign, and without the "pick-and-choose policies" mantra of the media outside America too!

pmaitra

Podesta tells supporters that they will wait for the votes to be counted and asks the supporters to go home and get some sleep.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles