2016 India–Pakistan military confrontation

Vayuputra

Country flag
The amount of shells fired on Tiger Hill alone is enough to pulverize Delhi. Most of initial Air strikes failed to evict Pakis.

They had the advantage of Height and sitting in sangars dugged in eating Desi Ghee as empty Tins found by Indian Army while I A had to overcome 3 enemies - Pakis, Height and Climate.

According to Indian military thinkers it require 8 troops to evict 1 enemy who is sitting at the top of the peak. So essentially the ratio is 8:1 for High altitude warfare.
I suppose we didn't have bunkers burster rounds back then. We were ill prepared , ill equipped during kargil war. Even our soldiers had no proper shoes to climb or walk in the snow. Hail congress.

SilentKiller

Country flag
I suppose we didn't have bunkers burster rounds back then. We were ill prepared , ill equipped during kargil war. Even our soldiers had no proper shoes to climb or walk in the snow. Hail congress.
What i know is that Sangars are not proper bunkers, issue is that we had our troops ill equipped for mountain warfare and i believe we lacked precision guided bonbs, once we got them from israel (Kits) we bombed hell out of porki positions. Advantage on moutains is that they can see troop movement much better, we were ordered not to cross LOC, initial troops were not climatized to fight in this heights and this weather.

Our troops are not equipped that much better today too, we haven't worked much on kargil report. we raised a new division (mountain) but haven't supplied them properly.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
According to Indian military thinkers it require 8 troops to evict 1 enemy who is sitting at the top of the peak. So essentially the ratio is 8:1 for High altitude warfare.
It is our fault we gave them space and opportunity to inflict damage year after year on us. No body cares or would even stop India except for Pakis if IA today enter Neelam valley and capture the heights. Why do India have a Nuclear bomb? Every time to listen to west that talk and talk. India simply does not know what is it's strength.

Our troops are not equipped that much better today too, we haven't worked much on kargil report. we raised a new division (mountain) but haven't supplied them properly.
No money

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
I suppose we didn't have bunkers burster rounds back then.
Milan ATGM was used against their Post/ Sangars. Troops from Brigade of the guards (ATGM) were deployed for this role.

As for ill equipped. Army was ill equipped back then and not much change happen in 2016.

Last edited:

SilentKiller

Country flag
It is our fault we gave them space and opportunity to inflict damage year after year on us. No body cares or would even stop India except for Pakis if IA today enter Neelam valley and capture the heights. Why do India have a Nuclear bomb? Every time to listen to west that talk and talk. India simply does not know what is it's strength.

No money
No money, india has all the money, not the will to work.
reason is simple, ask indian industry to supply equipments (all indian made), this bring in money back in form of taxes, people get jobs..Military industry economy.
we lack vision and will on this, make in india is small step good one, but way its working its losing its steam.

next, instead of next parliament session (pass budget by ordinance), cancel 1 full session, save 300+ crores, MP's give 1 month salary that enough to properly equip 1 mountain division (individual soldier equipments) as 1 good Gun costs 1lac ($3000 is Good imported gun cost), so 100 crores needed for new guns for 10,000 soldiers, 100 crores for their uniform, Armor for half of them for start and rest 100 for other equipments.
1 dhanush gun costs 14 crores, 6 of these can be bough for 100crores.

never say that india has no money, india has a lot of money. india lacks vision and will to buy indian made equipments, this can solve all problems with defence equipments, we should put ban on defence exports if any such product is available in india, but any indian firm private or government.

Bornubus

No body cares or would even stop India except for Pakis if IA today enter Neelam valley and capture the heights. Why do India have a Nuclear bomb? Every time to listen to west that talk and talk. India simply does not know what is it's strength.
Valid point. I hope Indian Military planners read your post and act accordingly. So much blood has already been wasted.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
No money, india has all the money, not the will to work.
reason is simple, ask indian industry to supply equipments (all indian made), this bring in money back in form of taxes, people get jobs..Military industry economy.
we lack vision and will on this, make in india is small step good one, but way its working its losing its steam.

next, instead of next parliament session (pass budget by ordinance), cancel 1 full session, save 300+ crores, MP's give 1 month salary that enough to properly equip 1 mountain division (individual soldier equipments) as 1 good Gun costs 1lac ($3000 is Good imported gun cost), so 100 crores needed for new guns for 10,000 soldiers, 100 crores for their uniform, Armor for half of them for start and rest 100 for other equipments.
1 dhanush gun costs 14 crores, 6 of these can be bough for 100crores.

never say that india has no money, india has a lot of money. india lacks vision and will to buy indian made equipments, this can solve all problems with defence equipments, we should put ban on defence exports if any such product is available in india, but any indian firm private or government.

'No money' is a sarcastic comment which I made.

And are you insane you are asking MP's to give money from their pocket? They will even take your by quoting rules and make you look like a culprit for blaming an MP because MP also have freedom of speech.

They will politicise the issue.

SilentKiller

Country flag
'No money' is a sarcastic comment which I made.

And are you insane you are asking MP's to give money from their pocket? They will even take your by quoting rules and make you look like a culprit for blaming an MP because MP also have freedom of speech.

They will politicise the issue.
i know, this is india...i gave my views and don't have fear to express mine. i gave suggestion..peopel are free to disagree..
why can't MP's give 1 month salary to indian army, they expect us to stand in queues to stop note ban, we can expect something back from them.. :p

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Valid point. I hope Indian Military planners read your post and act accordingly. So much blood has already been wasted.
Yeah because right now world is busy with their own conflict in syria.. and no one cares in reality or give Importance to Indo Pak issues unless until they want to sell weapons.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
why can't MP's give 1 month salary to indian army, they expect us to stand in queues to stop note ban, we can expect something back from them..
you should tweet this to an MP ........................ I am tweeting now hope to get some answer

SilentKiller

Country flag
you should tweet this to an MP ........................ I am tweeting now hope to get some answer
Will try to tweet to PM.. :) i will get reply that i am Kangress or APPrad fan..
which i am neither ..i am NOTA FAN and will keep on doing so till i find a suitable candidate from my constituency.

Vayuputra

Country flag
Yeah because right now world is busy with their own conflict in syria.. and no one cares in reality or give Importance to Indo Pak issues unless until they want to sell weapons.
Truely said but why we should risk and sepnd our resources on it. Any have Pakistan going to be disintegrated on it its own. ALl we have to do is to add fuel to sectarian violence in pakistan.

Pakistan is utterly dominated by one ethnic group - Punjabis - who constitute 40% of the population, a plurality but not the majority, causing tensions with smaller groups (Sindhis, Baluchis, Pathans, Muhajirs

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Truely said but why we should risk and sepnd our resources on it. Any have Pakistan going to be disintegrated on it its own. ALl we have to do is to add fuel to sectarian violence in pakistan.

Pakistan is utterly dominated by one ethnic group - Punjabis - who constitute 40% of the population, a plurality but not the majority, causing tensions with smaller groups (Sindhis, Baluchis, Pathans, Muhajirs
I have been hearing this past one decade

Bornubus

Then who is stopping India to action against Porkies ?

Or is it self imposing restraint policy we generally hear from economy fanboys.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Or is it self imposing restraint policy we generally hear from economy fanboys.
The more expansion of territory better the economy and there is no economist which can refute this argument. Finally in Subcontinent every piece of Land is fertile

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
THEY are little late in doing this ..........................

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
No accountability in Army, politicians or any other organisation in India. After Pathankot, Uri and Nagrota we know scratch about who is held accountable from Army, what are we doing to make sure it does not happen again and how we're going after the people who did it.
Let the army chief change .. and new deputations take the seat.
there is something coming up ..

Articles