Would I adapt well to Indian culture?

Soul83

your not persecuted in Europe? Read up again on your history. Roma have been subject to unspeakable persecution in Europe for the past 1000 years. i seem to recall that along with the Jews half a million Roma were wiped out through Nazi exterminations (I may be wrong on that number)

Genocide of European Roma (Gypsies), 1939–1945

Yes I have read the theory that Roma are descended from 'low' caste Indians. This is just bullshit European racist propaganda against Roma people. I have also read the theory that Roma are descended from the warrior Rajput clans. This is just counter bullshit Roma propaganda against European racists. No one really knows from which people in India Roma are descended from.

Yes from DNA analysis of Roma Y chromosome Haplogroup, I would say that you certainly have South Indian ancestry. You were descended from a man that lived in India approx. 30,000 years ago. However this does not mean that your overall genetic makeup is similar to Indians today, as Roma have been outside the country for so long. If your interested in what 'percentage' Indian your genetic makeup is you can try reading this article:

The origins of the Romani determined definitively - Gene Expression | DiscoverMagazine.com

your better off living in Austria for your income and visiting India as a tourist. what would you do in India?
Roma ydna was traced back to northwest india, read the article to the domba people, it was a study cooperated by indians and europeans i dont know if it is racist, they were proposed to be untouchables from northwestindia a ancestral group like meghawal was proposed, they are not southindians. but also there is mtdna and autosomal, roma mtdna was also traced back to northwest india PLOS ONE: Indian Signatures in the Westernmost Edge of the European Romani Diaspora: New Insight from Mitogenomes
autosomally their southasian component was related to kashmiri pandit and punjabi. mtdna is maternal, ydna paternal and autosomal is overall genetic make up, the total genetic make up. your link says roma are still 50% indian. i read that one study reported roma to be southindian population (reguiro) but contradicts all other studies

Eesh

Whatever, but does it mean there was no and is no persecution of Romas?

Eesh

Romas face persecution in Europe. Present, not past as in persecuted.
BBC News - Roma face persecution in Europe, says Amnesty

Anyway, you would not face persecution in India. Indians are the ONLY people who never persecuted Jews, Parsis [Zoroastrians]. Your humans are 100% safe in India even as a tourist.

Here nobody will give you a second glance.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
First come to India..
Rest find it yourself ..

Anyone who comes here never goes back empty .. this way or that way ..
that is the boon of Indian society or Indian cultural heritage..

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
im informing myself on india tour Indien - Indien Reisen BLUEBIRD TRAVEL
then i would see how i would fit in and if the indians would embrace me as brother and if i would feel kinship and familiarity with the people
I can only tell you how I found acceptance in the West. It was through empathy for other fellow human beings and as well stay honest to yourself and people you come in contact with. Along the way I got burned but have never and will never deviate from my core principals. I have worked with Roma people in Canada and never had any problem with them contrary to what I read in the media. Be humble and helpful to others and you will win the hearts of Indians. I wish you all the best for your future adventures.

Last edited:

Blackwater

its true yes.
thanks for letting me know. roma people in UK continue their this practice and UK govt has warned them that, this is not Romania this is UK. it is not allowed.

how many roma people immigrated to Austria????

Soul83

thanks for letting me know. roma people in UK continue their this practice and UK govt has warned them that, this is not Romania this is UK. it is not allowed.

how many roma people immigrated to Austria????
i dont know how many immigrated to austria. the practice is not like that girls get forced at age 13 to marry old guys or like that or any guy, but it is teenager marriage both male and female are usually teenagers 13-17 etc. some roma i know married voluntarily at this age, the step daughter of my uncle married at 16 and she run away from home with her boyfriend, eventhough my uncle and his wife were against. it is not forced marriage, maybe some do that too but thats not how i know it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles