Would I adapt well to Indian culture?

Rushil51

Country flag

I have seen one head line recently showing that "India has highest number of suicides", I wonder why is it a head line when India has second highest population..
By that logic China should be first in suicides and US should be 3rd.

Rushil51

Country flag
Crazy to think that we have human bodies lying around in streets etc. Same goes with animal bodies. And that rats in temple you are talking about is just one specific temple called Karni Mata Temple.

Eesh

just google discrimination in austria. You will be shocked, specially at hypocrisy.

Rushil51

Country flag
Yes there are rapes in USA and China but China is a tightly controlled media country.
Umm...I said suicides not rape.But anyways,I know they are. But are they more or less than India? We need stats for that.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Umm...I said suicides not rape.But anyways,I know they are. But are they more or less than India? We need stats for that.
Stats from where ??

Western agencies who are hell bent in propagating lies and there by making a case against countries in the East??

The stats or reports originating from West or Western controlled UN are a joke, they use these things to their advantage.

kseeker

Retired
No, with above mentioned points u will and can not able to live in india for long. may be few weeks as tourist but after that ghost of living in india will vanish and u will run back to comfortable life of austria
@Soul83,

I agree with @Blackwater. It may look like a blunt statement however, it's true.

Settling in India - all the opinions you get may look nice on the paper and you would get many encouraging replies however, believe me, it's not easy for an european to get accustomed with Indian culture and adjust with the things how they are at present.

Before you make up your mind ( I am sure, it's just a wild thought now in your mind) on settling in India, give it a dry run. Stay in any Indian metropolitan city for a month and you will get to know at least 10 % reality. If you cannot tolerate even 10% then, then you know what needs to be done ;)

:hail: Blackwater pra, seedhi baat, no bakwas :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rushil51

Country flag
Stats from where ??

Western agencies who are hell bent in propagating lies and there by making a case against countries in the East??

The stats or reports originating from West or Western controlled UN are a joke, they use these things to their advantage.
Pretty sure that is not the case and stats are easily available online,try to google these stats. I am just pretty busy rn or I would have done that.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Pretty sure that is not the case and stats are easily available online,try to google these stats. I am just pretty busy rn or I would have done that.
That is the case. I do not believe in those stats Dude !

Eesh

In Austria, suicide rate among males is 23.8, with male-female combined it is 15.4. In India average rate is 13.7 and 10.5. Desire to life of Austrians is considerable less compared that to India. A case for leaving Austria.

List of countries by suicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rape rate in India is 10.5. In Austria 10.4. Our friend should leave Autria where the women are so unsafe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics

Our friend should quickly get out of Austria.

Last edited:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
things i dont like about india

3.superstition (praying to animals and worshipping deformed humans who have a tail as gods etc.)

things i like about india

8.rich history, civilisation, culture, temples, etc.
Do you see the conflict?

Btw, I also find worshipping a bleeding guy hanging from a cross offensive to my taste. But, whatcha gonna do? Apparently a majority no. of the people in this world worships or gives lip service to his worship.

Be careful when you speak about others faith, and particularly about a faith you do not know anything about. It is prudent as well as logical. Comprendo?

also, guys, I see a lots of defensive posts here. Why?

There are problems with our country? Of course there is, which country doesn't? Are we working to solve them, is the question. Don't start getting defensive 'coz some dude who have no idea about this country starts pointing out his likes or dislikes, however much fictional that is.

Eesh

Sir,

2 Pollution with dirt and chemicals is there ,as much as it is there in most countries of the world.I don't get it what you meant by dead human bodies?Where ever there are human ,there will be some dead also,rule of the nature.But we do not place them on display in public as you seem to assume.Dead animals,again its not that on every nook and corner you are going to see dead animals,It is as common as it is in most of the world.

3 Superstition,Even i do not believe in it .But since you are refereeing to Hindu religion ,I must clear it to you that it has a rich cultural and spiritual heritage ,things mentioned in our ancient text and ideology cannot be just written off ,there are reason for every act.And one you are stating as deformed being are our "god" least you can do it ,is to show some respect.Nobody is forcing it on you, follow what you like do not follow if you don't like.

4 Caste system ,as i have said earlier do not go around as touting urself as untouchable and you will be fine ,and even if you say that you are untouchable you will be fine with the youngsters.You are Roma describe urself as one, no need to go in details.
Clearly brainwashed by Teresa.

Btw, Romas are untouchables and persecuted in Europe, including Austria.

Racism is rampant in Germanic people. OMG, how Germans agitated againt visa to Indian IT experts!! Happened a few years ago.

Soul83

Clearly brainwashed by Teresa.

Btw, Romas are untouchables and persecuted in Europe, including Austria.

Racism is rampant in Germanic people. OMG, how Germans agitated againt visa to Indian IT experts!! Happened a few years ago.
romas are not really persecuted in europe, they are discriminated sometimes and looked as low but are not persecuted, persecuted is too strong word. also i know the many evils of europe, thats why i wanted to move to india where i could feel more homely, i didnt said india is bad, i just pointed what would be bad in my opinion there or looked into pro and contra, some are things are better in europe, some things are better in india, if im looked down in europe for being roma or underclass, i would be looked down in india for being untouchable and i think untouchability is worse then racism. untouchables dont even have souls in indian religion.

Eesh

Did I state that untouchableability is time, place and context dependent?

Every one of hospital staff within hospital IS and should be untouchable, in general. This is a good practice. Not only that, one should not touch anything in hospital which is not necessary. Or should you?

It is dependent on a lot many factors.

You seem to be a Roma. An Indian at large hardly knows who a Roma is. Are they descendants of untouchable class people? Who knows and who cares? You are and should expect to to be treated as one. With a foreigner people can discuss politics, Iraq, UNO etc but not their family affairs, not their religious matters etc.

My advice straight from Bhagwad Gita: You cannot hope to escape from the reality and struggles of life. You should not. Stay put there itself and brave it out to the extent possible.

Last edited:

anupamsurey

Country flag
what sort of untouchability are we talking about, it is a thing of past..i for one belong to a higher class hindu (if you can call that) but have lots of friends from SC and St (untouchable by your thoughts) but we are normal like other peoples, we eat, chat, work together.....most of the Indians think about cast only when they have to fill up a form, or marry.

Ashutosh Lokhande

@ Soul83
Dude am telling you, Go to goa. You will feel very much at home and you will enjoy the most. (if you into drugs,gals,booze i.e)

Soul83

i lost 9kg btw and now my indian kurta sits comfortable, it was tight before

LalTopi

romas are not really persecuted in europe, they are discriminated sometimes and looked as low but are not persecuted, persecuted is too strong word. also i know the many evils of europe, thats why i wanted to move to india where i could feel more homely, i didnt said india is bad, i just pointed what would be bad in my opinion there or looked into pro and contra, some are things are better in europe, some things are better in india, if im looked down in europe for being roma or underclass, i would be looked down in india for being untouchable and i think untouchability is worse then racism. untouchables dont even have souls in indian religion.
your not persecuted in Europe? Read up again on your history. Roma have been subject to unspeakable persecution in Europe for the past 1000 years. i seem to recall that along with the Jews half a million Roma were wiped out through Nazi exterminations (I may be wrong on that number)

Genocide of European Roma (Gypsies), 1939–1945

Yes I have read the theory that Roma are descended from 'low' caste Indians. This is just bullshit European racist propaganda against Roma people. I have also read the theory that Roma are descended from the warrior Rajput clans. This is just counter bullshit Roma propaganda against European racists. No one really knows from which people in India Roma are descended from.

Yes from DNA analysis of Roma Y chromosome Haplogroup, I would say that you certainly have South Indian ancestry. You were descended from a man that lived in India approx. 30,000 years ago. However this does not mean that your overall genetic makeup is similar to Indians today, as Roma have been outside the country for so long. If your interested in what 'percentage' Indian your genetic makeup is you can try reading this article:

The origins of the Romani determined definitively - Gene Expression | DiscoverMagazine.com

your better off living in Austria for your income and visiting India as a tourist. what would you do in India?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles