What was the state of faith in ancient India and subcontinent?

Sambha ka Boss

Again, @jus give me justification for Tamil being a different language family. I know Hindi enough to know that several similiarity exists between the two. So tell me why should Tamil merit a different language group when Hindi can be grouped with English, when English has more differences to Hindi than Tamil. For one, both are phonetic languages unlike English!
I don't know why the grammar of North and south Indian languages are same but the European language share absolutely zero similarities in grammar structure with Indian languages even with Sanskrit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I don't know why the grammar of North and south Indian languages are same but the European language share absolutely zero similarities in grammar structure with Indian languages even with Sanskrit.
I am not saying they are the same. I am saying they are similar. Of course I can't ask this in TN without provoking angry responses from the retards here and so I am asking it here.

For example, we have the similar sentance structure. And, unlike Latin and other Latinised languages like English, ours(both tamil and Hindi) are a Phoenetic languages.

When we want to write "Ghar" - we write it as "Gha" + "rrr", both in Hindi and Tamil and not as "G" , "h" , "a" , "r" as we would in English. So why are Hindi and English in the same family and not Tamil and Hindi? You get what I am saying?

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
:pound::pound::pound: Dravidian peoples - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some linguists hypothesized that Dravidian-speaking people were spread throughout the Indian subcontinent before a series of Indo-Aryan migrations. In this view, the early Indus Valley civilisation (Harappa and Mohenjo Daro) is often identified as having been Dravidian.[6] Cultural and linguistic similarities have been cited by researchers such as Finnish Indologist Asko Parpola as being strong evidence for a proto-Dravidian origin of the ancient Indus Valley civilisation.

Some scholars like J. Bloch and M. Witzel believe that the Indo-Aryan moved into an already Dravidian speaking area after the oldest parts of the Rig Veda were already composed.[7] The Brahui population of Balochistan has been taken by some as the linguistic equivalent of a relict population, perhaps indicating that Dravidian languages were formerly much more widespread and were supplanted by the incoming Indo-Aryan languages.[8]

Thomason and Kaufman state that there is strong evidence that Dravidian influenced Indo-Aryan through "shift", that is, native Dravidian speakers learning and adopting Indo-Aryan languages.[9] Erdosy states that the most plausible explanation for the presence of Dravidian structural features in Old Indo-Aryan is that the majority of early Old Indo-Aryan speakers had a Dravidian mother tongue which they gradually abandoned.[10] Even though the innovative traits in Indo-Aryan languages could be explained by multiple internal explanations, early Dravidian influence is the only explanation that can account for all of the innovations at once – it becomes a question of explanatory parsimony; moreover, early Dravidian influence accounts for several of the innovative traits in Indo-Aryan languages better than any internal explanation that has been proposed.[11] Zvelebil remarks that "Several scholars have demonstrated that pre-Indo-Aryan and pre-Dravidian bilingualism in India provided conditions for the far-reaching influence of Dravidian on the Indo-Aryan tongues in the spheres of phonology, syntax and vocabulary".[12]
:facepalm: All of this have been debunked by genetic studies.

Seriously dude , go through the AIT thread!

Sambha ka Boss

:pound::pound::pound: Dravidian peoples - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some linguists hypothesized that Dravidian-speaking people were spread throughout the Indian subcontinent before a series of Indo-Aryan migrations. In this view, the early Indus Valley civilisation (Harappa and Mohenjo Daro) is often identified as having been Dravidian.[6] Cultural and linguistic similarities have been cited by researchers such as Finnish Indologist Asko Parpola as being strong evidence for a proto-Dravidian origin of the ancient Indus Valley civilisation.

Some scholars like J. Bloch and M. Witzel believe that the Indo-Aryan moved into an already Dravidian speaking area after the oldest parts of the Rig Veda were already composed.[7] The Brahui population of Balochistan has been taken by some as the linguistic equivalent of a relict population, perhaps indicating that Dravidian languages were formerly much more widespread and were supplanted by the incoming Indo-Aryan languages.[8]

Thomason and Kaufman state that there is strong evidence that Dravidian influenced Indo-Aryan through "shift", that is, native Dravidian speakers learning and adopting Indo-Aryan languages.[9] Erdosy states that the most plausible explanation for the presence of Dravidian structural features in Old Indo-Aryan is that the majority of early Old Indo-Aryan speakers had a Dravidian mother tongue which they gradually abandoned.[10] Even though the innovative traits in Indo-Aryan languages could be explained by multiple internal explanations, early Dravidian influence is the only explanation that can account for all of the innovations at once – it becomes a question of explanatory parsimony; moreover, early Dravidian influence accounts for several of the innovative traits in Indo-Aryan languages better than any internal explanation that has been proposed.[11] Zvelebil remarks that "Several scholars have demonstrated that pre-Indo-Aryan and pre-Dravidian bilingualism in India provided conditions for the far-reaching influence of Dravidian on the Indo-Aryan tongues in the spheres of phonology, syntax and vocabulary".[12]
Please don't quote Witzel's theory to me. Now to the point, only proof that Indus Valley(3300-1900BC) is Dravidian because there were no Aryans until 1500BC, if you have another proof show me. Now, the Ghaggar-Hakra river matches the description of Saraswati mentioned in Rigveda that dried in an earthquake in 1900BC and later Hindu scriptures too describes the drying of Saraswati. It only points that Sanskrit speaking people were here before 1900BC, the Sapta Sindhu the earliest Vedic homeland exactly matches the description of Indus Valley civilization.

Aryan migration Theory was the label changing of Aryan invasion theory keeping all colonial crap intact. If you know Hindi Naye packet wahi purana samaan(same old stuff in the new package). :pound::pound:

Sambha ka Boss

I am not saying they are the same. I am saying they are similar. Of course I can't ask this in TN without provoking angry responses from the retards here and so I am asking it here.

For example, we have the similar sentance structure. And, unlike Latin and other Latinised languages like English, ours(both tamil and Hindi) are a Phoenetic languages.

When we want to write "Ghar" - we write it as "Gha" + "rrr", both in Hindi and Tamil and not as "G" , "h" , "a" , "r" as we would in English. So why are Hindi and English in the same family and not Tamil and Hindi? You get what I am saying?
Yes, when I was learning Telugu, all I needed to make word by word translation from Hindi to Telugu without bothering about the grammar because all was same. You can't do this thing from Sanskrit/Hindi/Bengali to say English, German, Latin/Italian etc. Moreover, all North Indian languages came from a common Middle Indo-Aryan languages called Prakrit that's why everyone of them share great amount of similarities. I believe we need to wait to know the real reason for such grammatical similarities.

Sambha ka Boss

:pound::pound: Latest

Iravatham Mahadevan, a well-known expert in Indian epigraphy, especially the Indus and Tamil Brahmi scripts, on Friday unveiled what he termed as his long years of studies on the Indus Valley script, demonstrably showing that the language of that once great civilisation "was an early form of the Dravidian."

he explained with the help of 'ideograms- a picture or a symbol that represents an idea or a concept-,' that the "Indus language has been correctly identified" as an early form of the Dravidian script.
'Indus script early form of Dravidian' - The Hindu
Yes, I also know about Mahadevan. Again asking you how you know Indus people were Dravidians apart from Aryan invasion/migration theory in 1500BC given by our very own maxy Mueller.

Moreover, I need to know how can two civilizations(aka Indus Valley civilzation(3300-1900BC) and Rigvedic culture in Sapta Sindhu(before 1900BC) can coexist at the same river plains at the same time.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Yes, when I was learning Telugu, all I needed to make word by word translation from Hindi to Telugu without bothering about the grammar because all was same. You can't do this thing from Sanskrit/Hindi/Bengali to say English, German, Latin/Italian etc. Moreover, all North Indian languages came from a common Middle Indo-Aryan languages called Prakrit that's why everyone of them share great amount of similarities. I believe we need to wait to know the real reason for such grammatical similarities.
And Telugu has to same structure as Tamil!

Another thing to note- even in TN, there is no evidence that the earliest poojas/rituals were done in Tamil. As far as we know only Sanskrit was used for that. I wont be surprised if tomorrow some study shows that Dravidian language family was a Britshit invention and that Tamil belongs to the Indo Aryan Language group and not the Latin languages!

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Anyway this is my final i'm leaving this thread live with ur Ignorance of foolish Brahminical rituals.Even Buddha&Mahavira condemned these half naked bast*** Brahmins.Ok carry on follow them
[/COLOR]
Of all the things I am accused of, I have never been called a Brahminist :rofl:

You are amusing dude!

Sambha ka Boss

And Telugu has to same structure as Tamil!

Another thing to note- even in TN, there is no evidence that the earliest poojas/rituals were done in Tamil. As far as we know only Sanskrit was used for that. I wont be surprised if tomorrow some study shows that Dravidian language family was a Britshit invention and that Tamil belongs to the Indo Aryan Language group and not the Latin languages!
Recorded Tamil history starts with the mythology Hindu Rishi Agasthiyar and Lord Murugan teaching him Tamil language and also read about some Hindu mythology about the origin of Cauvery river. So, we can assume it was Hindu since the known recorded history. Actually, everywhere in India, the non-Sanskrit languages were introduced later on for worshiping purpose and they became a dominant language by the time of Bhakti movement. But I will still refrain from calling Tamil and Sanskrit belonging to same language family until I get a strong proof for this and there is lots of difference in vocabulary. But anyway, I strong believe Indo-European classification is a farce if two languages don't share a same grammar it means they belong to two language families and one language too loanwords from others instead of having a common origin

Last edited:

archie

Country flag
R u kidding me.. This Idiot gave one example of Iron pillar @Delhi,Slokha has perfect Pi number ..... but don't know who did it or it's combination of iron ores.Not written in any where in ur so called Vedas/Puranas,he can't gave any number

Any way ,Some one built-ed Pillar in olden days but that doesn't prove it is from ur Vedas :rofl:

Word vimana in ur vedas,so they developed vimana in olden days ......... how old r u.Pushpak vimana is famous in ramayana it is just a mythology

Thats the same exact reason why we say the religion is not book based....

The Iron pillar was made by Indigenous Indians -------- Fact

There Existed Technology to Create smooth Pillar of that scale and composition ---- Fact

Its obvious the Knowledge was lost you know the reason why.. Invasions from Mugals and British Upset the knowledge transfer systems and repositories..

Vedas and Upanishads are Concept Repositories and historical decriptions .... Not exact Equations on how to do some thing .. that knowledge will run into libraries not one book or a few books..

You Really need to understand what a concept is and what tecniques to implementation is ..

We knew earth was round and sun was the center all along when there was inqusion going on to protect earth was flat .. That my friend shows how advanced our thinking was

A word is a decription of some action or specfic object.. You dont create words that have no menaing.. I am implying that the word is a specific decription is used because if happend .... Again Common sense is not so common..

You know people kept saying Dwaraka was a mythical city.. Now those people are no where to be seen .. Truth is bound to show up sooner or later

Last edited:

archie

Country flag
I am one of those who Believe Tamil and Sanskrit are of the same family .. If you take ancient Tamil Script and Ancient Sanskrit Script(Pre Devanagiri script) They are very very close in how it is written . This only leads that Tamil and Sanskrit branched of way earlier than recorded History ... This is also discussed in a few lingusitic research papers

The Common westerner or west hugging people like the one we see fail to see that.. Tamil as such has had so many changes in the last 30-odd years.. the amout of change that would have made it into languages over centuries and thousand years is vast. I belive one day with a concerted research might prove the connections between languages (Script wise, Dilect wise, Grammer wise) . that said ... Sanskrit grammer is close to that of lost language of Latin . I have doubts of connections between Greek mytology and Indian ones .. 3 pirmary gods etc and on the overall structure and not on the details

Sambha ka Boss

I am one of those who Believe Tamil and Sanskrit are of the same family .. If you take ancient Tamil Script and Ancient Sanskrit Script(Pre Devanagiri script) They are very very close in how it is written . This only leads that Tamil and Sanskrit branched of way earlier than recorded History ... This is also discussed in a few lingusitic research papers

The Common westerner or west hugging people like the one we see fail to see that.. Tamil as such has had so many changes in the last 30-odd years.. the amout of change that would have made it into languages over centuries and thousand years is vast. I belive one day with a concerted research might prove the connections between languages (Script wise, Dilect wise, Grammer wise) . that said ... Sanskrit grammer is close to that of lost language of Latin . I have doubts of connections between Greek mytology and Indian ones .. 3 pirmary gods etc and on the overall structure and not on the details
Indian languages(including Sanskrit) shows no grammatical resemblances with European languages even with Latin, Indo-European language family was coined solely on the basis of some common vocabulary.

Tamil also used the Brahmi script in ancient India, so writing system have a common root. Moreover, having common writing systems doesn't mean the language have a common origin.

archie

Country flag
Indian languages(including Sanskrit) shows no grammatical resemblances with European languages even with Latin, Indo-European language family was coined solely on the basis of some common vocabulary.

Tamil also used the Brahmi script in ancient India, so writing system have a common root. Moreover, having common writing systems doesn't mean the language have a common origin.
Actually a language can be related in many ways .. grammer , phonetic makeup, sementics.. and all this put together have a say on common orgin since language is as good as only if it means and is used in interations .

German has very close semblence to sanskrit and probably had the similar writtin script before they adopted English script . So German has similarities suggesting close interation with India..
No one speaks latin today its a dead language but the writings and the grammer is again close .. im speculating that that region had close interation and all im mplying is that sanskrit or the Indian Origin languages have hade a very wide Infuuence in the world.. Either that the civilization was poweful to wield the influence or great deal of colaboration

Sambha ka Boss

Actually a language can be related in many ways .. grammer , phonetic makeup, sementics.. and all this put together have a say on common orgin since language is as good as only if it means and is used in interations .

German has very close semblence to sanskrit and probably had the similar writtin script before they adopted English script . So German has similarities suggesting close interation with India..
No one speaks latin today its a dead language but the writings and the grammer is again close .. im speculating that that region had close interation and all im mplying is that sanskrit or the Indian Origin languages have hade a very wide Infuuence in the world.. Either that the civilization was poweful to wield the influence or great deal of colaboration
I have learned German, its grammar is same like English and bear no resemblance either with Sanskrit or Hindi grammatical structure.

archie

Country flag
I have learned German, its grammar is same like English and bear no resemblance either with Sanskrit or Hindi grammatical structure.
Can You please list the Number system of German? say count 1-10.

What i am saying is on a historical scale of a few centuries and how the language has evolved .

Even English and its grammer has evolved .. Shakespeare's english has quite a lot of diffences

Sambha ka Boss

Can You please list the Number system of German? say count 1-10.

What i am saying is on a historical scale of a few centuries and how the language has evolved .

Even English and its grammer has evolved .. Shakespeare's english has quite a lot of diffences
Yes, I mentioned about the vocabulary, I was referring to grammar.

archie

Country flag
Yes, I mentioned about the vocabulary, I was referring to grammar.
Language is a combination of phonetics, grammer , vocabulary.. the simmilaritis are striking and they have Evolved over the centuries based on usage and local influences .. thats the reason y i believe its related.. the similarities .. It definely needs more research to prove anything though

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles